Umm... I'm on my buddies PC and I was going to install .99 for him because that is what I have but I wanted to get .75 first and when I went to get it it said that there is an update for .83 but still says .75... he says he has never even messed with the leaks I was wondering what was up with this.
    02-13-09 02:13 PM
    WAH? That'd be pretty dope!!! I hope it's true...not near a pc buuttt will check the OTA...

EDIT: just checked OTA...either it was a fluke or there's no OTA...but i'm thinking it's the first...:-(
    Last edited by justdrew1985; 02-13-09 at 02:33 PM. Reason: no update
    02-13-09 02:32 PM
    No OTA here either.

But if there is a ".83" will my phone offer it up if I'm running .99?
    02-13-09 02:39 PM
    No OTA here either.

But if there is a ".83" will my phone offer it up if I'm running .99?
    you know I'm running .103 and i didn't even think about that...jamesandyori, try doing an OTA with your friends .75 and see what happens then.
    02-13-09 02:42 PM
    There ain't nothing yet.
    02-13-09 02:49 PM
    There's no way that .83 will be an official update. Not only are we already well beyond that up to at least .103, but .83 had a number of issues significant enough to keep them from being released as an official update. So unless Verizon is just messing with the version number, your buddy either installed .83 on his computer but maybe not his phone, or something else screwy is going on. Also, if .75 was anything to go by, the OTA update will lag a couple days behind the other update.
    02-13-09 02:49 PM
    There's no way that .83 will be an official update. Not only are we already well beyond that up to at least .103, but .83 had a number of issues significant enough to keep them from being released as an official update. So unless Verizon is just messing with the version number, your buddy either installed .83 on his computer but maybe not his phone, or something else screwy is going on. Also, if .75 was anything to go by, the OTA update will lag a couple days behind the other update.
    .103 is a beta, not an official release. Beta's come out before most official releases.
    02-13-09 02:50 PM
    So the "official" release should have a number of 103 or greater?
    02-13-09 03:19 PM
    .103 is a beta, not an official release. Beta's come out before most official releases.
    I realize that, but when there is another official release it will be likely higher than .106. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's a .12x release since last I checked the latest confirmed OS build was .111, even though it hasn't leaked.
    02-13-09 03:33 PM
    So the "official" release should have a number of 103 or greater?
    All depends on Verizon. If someone has seen the latest betas leaked, RIM might have gave them a higher number to test out and Verizon could send that one out. Or Verizon can release a lower OS.
    02-13-09 05:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD