i just downloaded it and it set "my location" about 3 miles away in a diffrent zip and city???
    any ideas!
    If you have GPS enabled it is pulling the closest weather monitoring site available. 3 miles is not that bad.

If you typed in your ZIP code you may end up with similiar results!
    12-26-08 02:54 PM
    Ok I found the "disable comp" and did that. Now when I click on the Weatherbug icon in the download folder it opens in portrait view (only) and the the window is about reporting an issue and the keyboard won't go away. Now what? Would it be easier to solve this issue thru email rather than taking space here on the board? If so, let me know.
    Yes, I had the same problem with the landscape mode not working and the keyboard not going away. Even with numerous battery pulls and reinstalling the software.
    12-26-08 03:11 PM
    Dont mean to sound like a bloody noob but how do i install the .jad file to my bb through DM? Or do i have to actually get on my BB browser and instiall through there?? I have the .jad file but no .alx file for my DM to pick up! Thanks in advance..
    12-26-08 06:05 PM
    Can't do it through DM.
    12-26-08 06:07 PM
    Dont mean to sound like a bloody noob but how do i install the .jad file to my bb through DM? Or do i have to actually get on my BB browser and instiall through there?? I have the .jad file but no .alx file for my DM to pick up! Thanks in advance..
    browse to the jad link on the phone
    12-26-08 06:10 PM
    install it using the browser. Do a search for it on the phone and install and your good.
    12-26-08 06:56 PM
    browse to the jad link on the phone

Thank you very much sir!
    12-26-08 07:14 PM
    1st Time user here...I downloaded the file. How do I actually put it into my blackberry? Or any application I download for that manner? When I click "browse" on add applications, it doesnt show the .jad file
    12-26-08 07:31 PM
    Ewww, just activated phone and tried getting this lil gem...

HTTP Error 503: Service Unavailable

The server is currently unable to handle your request due to a temporary overloading or maintenence of the server. Please try loading a different page. Contact your service provider if this problem persists....

All that said to me is blahhh blahhh blahhh...

I guess i will try agian later but i want to get all my stuff added MEOW!!!
    12-26-08 07:32 PM
    App works good for me so far. It even works in landscape mode without a reboot. I also moved the icon to the main "home" screen as well. Currently I have it set to update once every 30 minutes. I may push that to once a hour or more, depending on how much of a drain on the battery it may impose.

Also, on another note, I am thinking about purchasing that extended slim line battery by Seidio Online (http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...ode=BASI16BBX6), but that's another story all together ;-)
    12-26-08 08:36 PM
    read this entire thread and didn't see anything...

installed WB .274, clicked the icon and get nothing... would seem the phone freezes, but I can hold the BB button to view open apps and switch to a diff app. yet, WB is like dead weight to me.

I've tried disabling compatibility mode, but that does nothing.

ideas??
    12-27-08 04:11 AM
    Working GREAT on mine using .83
    12-27-08 07:31 AM
    I downloaded the weatherbug software from Crackberry and all is almost good. I have the zip code set for my house and updates every two hous. gps is on. everything updates except the radar map.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    12-27-08 08:07 AM
    1st Time user here...I downloaded the file. How do I actually put it into my blackberry? Or any application I download for that manner? When I click "browse" on add applications, it doesnt show the .jad file
    You need to use your BB browser to go to the link. It will install right there on your device. .jad files can only be installed to the BB, not through the computer. copy the link for the download, paste it into an email and send the email to your phone. Then you can easily click the link with your BB ang go straight to the file. Good luck.
    12-27-08 08:12 AM
    You cant use DM so with files like that its a drag and drop into the phone itself (sometimes works) Best method is emailing or send it through yahoo messenger as file or something like that. Than you run it from the folder or place you put the file on the phone.

I figured its better to just run it from the phone!!! Thats me though.
    Last edited by Johnny-5; 12-27-08 at 08:33 AM.
    12-27-08 08:28 AM
    read this entire thread and didn't see anything...

installed WB .274, clicked the icon and get nothing... would seem the phone freezes, but I can hold the BB button to view open apps and switch to a diff app. yet, WB is like dead weight to me.

I've tried disabling compatibility mode, but that does nothing.

ideas??

Try Uninstall and Reinstall something doesnt seem right
    12-27-08 08:30 AM
    I installed the jad file from this thread. My bb froze after install when I clicked run. I could only hold menu to switch apps. Ran quickpull. When it reset I clicked the weatherbug icon. Same thing. Frozen. After switching apps the phone is unfrozen and the weatherbug icon is unresponsive. It is also still running and unresponsive from the switch app window.
    I am one of the people who saw no download link from OP's link. I had weatherbug installed and then removed around dec 10th. Could there be residual stuff that is disrupting my current installation of weatherbug? Was there no DL link because of a cookie from my previous installation?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Oh yes I have .75 running btw. Hmm seems I am not alone with this issue.
    Last edited by rednukleus; 12-27-08 at 09:05 AM.
    12-27-08 09:02 AM
    Just downloaded it on my storm and it works perfectly!

12-27-08 10:10 AM
    this program is still a hog

is there a way to turn off all updates until you actually start the program?
    12-27-08 10:56 AM
    Removed. Reset. Reinstalled. This time it prompted to reset to complete install. It didn't ask me that earlier today the first time I installed. Still doesn't run. Same deal. Is there any difference between functionality of bb weatherbug direct and this storm version, assuming I turn off compatibility mode on WB direct?

12-27-08 11:27 AM
    Removed. Reset. Reinstalled. This time it prompted to reset to complete install. It didn't ask me that earlier today the first time I installed. Still doesn't run. Same deal. Is there any difference between functionality of bb weatherbug direct and this storm version, assuming I turn off compatibility mode on WB direct?

Did you remove BB Maps?
    12-27-08 11:30 AM
    this program is still a hog

is there a way to turn off all updates until you actually start the program?
    You can't turn them off, but you can set it to update every 4 hours instead of the default 30 minutes.

But I have to ask, if you don't want auto-updated weather, why bother with a weather program? Why not just bookmark one of many weather sites?
    12-27-08 11:34 AM
    I used this link and it got me right to the Dl

http://
    blackberry.weatherbug.com/storm/storm.jad

cant post URL's yet, sorry I had to break up the link
    12-27-08 11:48 AM
    weatherbug is awesome!!! Keeps me posted to the days temperature especially here in the Cold North!!!
    12-27-08 11:53 AM
    Is this program free or do you have to subscribe to use it. They mention a subscription service on the weatherbug website. What is that for?
    12-27-08 02:08 PM
229 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD