11-25-08 08:04 PM
60 123
tools
    This is shipping information that is provided to verizon wireless employees. i will update this post as time goes on and more information is released or changes.

BlackBerry Shipping

Setting Expectations for Storm Shipping

Please be sure to set proper expectations when advising your customers on the shipping of the Blackberry Storm:

Orders that were placed on 11/21 by 2pm local time will ship no later than 11/25

Orders that were placed on 11/21 after 2pm local time through end of day will ship no later than 12/5

Orders placed on 11/22 will ship no later than 12/15

Please continue to review infomanager for additional shipping updates.

If you have further questions, please see your Supervisor or email the NEAT Communications mailbox.

Prepared by: NEAT Communications – klr

Communicated by: NEAT Communications– klr
    11-21-08 07:07 PM
    So I ordered through a Verizon store at 8:30 AM local time, does that mean my order could ship as late as the 25th?

Checking my order status online either says they have no record of the order or technical difficulties, CS was not able to produce a tracking number when I called in a few hours ago.

Ugh.
    11-21-08 07:18 PM
    Thanks Bong_Water!
    11-21-08 07:18 PM
    So I ordered through a Verizon store at 8:30 AM local time, does that mean my order could ship as late as the 25th?

Checking my order status online either says they have no record of the order or technical difficulties, CS was not able to produce a tracking number when I called in a few hours ago.

Ugh.
    I am in the same boat. I ordered 7am mountain, 6am pacific
    11-21-08 07:19 PM
    I'm on the edge (literally). I started the phone order process around 12:30 PM. After several callbacks from my CSR Rep, he was finally able to get it through and posted. When I called CS back later to confirm what time the order was placed once I started hering all this before/after 2PM talk, I was told that it was finalized at 1:57 PM. She said it could go either way. We'll see. Here's hoping to the Gods of Literalness (even a word??lol), and that it will ship in the before 2PM lot...
    11-21-08 07:25 PM
    I know its not info that some of you want to hear but its actual information. Unlike some of the info that is passed around about when phones might be recieved. This is why so many people were dissapointed when they found out the store around them only had 8 and not 30 like they were told. also please dont sit there and call customer service or the stores every couple of hours asking about tracking numbers. the department that handles all the shipping isnt customer service or the stores. they cant control any of that info. they just read what the shipping department and warehouse put in the remarks.
    Last edited by bong_water; 11-21-08 at 07:28 PM.
    11-21-08 07:25 PM
    My online order is still "processing" but I did get my order through at 4:30am EST so that's nice to know I'll have it before Thanksgiving with the free overnight shipping.
    11-21-08 07:27 PM
    Well I did the call the rep earlier in the week thing and was told that I was good to go. I get a call at about 9:30 and was told they were having some
    problems placing my order(systems down).

Tried to contact them but got nothing. They finally send email and call at
    about 5:30pm and say they are sorry but I'll have it by the 25th. Then
    another email is sent to me saying that it should be there 12/5 at the
    latest. Stupid me for trusting the rep. I probably got the one that decided
    to not do anything today.

I did tell them that if I don't get it on 11/25 to just forget it and
    cancel it.
    11-21-08 07:28 PM
    I know its not info that some of you want to hear but its actual information. Unlike some of the info that is passed around about when phones might be recieved.
    I'll take that as a yes to my question then. Thank you for taking the time to post up.

This is why so many people were dissapointed when they found out the store around them only had 8 and not 30 like they were told.
    Limited quantities I can understand. Disappointment I can handle. Being told that 30 Day Worry Free exchanges can't be done in the store by a store clerk when I was fourth in line this morning and then being told by customer service that the store was in the wrong and I should have walked out with a new phone is just a pitiful display on Verizon's part IMO.

The 11/25 ship date simply will not work for me due to travel. The whole process has left a pretty poor taste in my mouth.
    Last edited by Yesterdays Shoveler; 11-21-08 at 07:36 PM.
    11-21-08 07:32 PM
    i ordered my phone at 6 am... called them a few minutes ago because i wasn't given an order number in the morning and they gave me a tracking number. will be in tomorrow!
    11-21-08 07:34 PM
    I'll take that as a yes to my question then. Thank you for taking the time to post up.

Limited quantities I can understand, I can understand. Disappointment I can handle. Being told that 30 Day Worry Free exchanges can't be done in the store by a store clerk when I was fourth in line this morning and then being told by customer service that the store was in the wrong and I should have walked out with a new phone is just a pitiful display on Verizon's part IMO.

The 11/25 ship date simply will not work for me due to travel. The whole process has left a pretty poor taste in my mouth.
    **** i have the same problem<almost> and was offered a free moth of BBservice or Navigator. mind you i dont yet own a BB
    11-21-08 07:36 PM

Limited quantities I can understand. Disappointment I can handle. Being told that 30 Day Worry Free exchanges can't be done in the store by a store clerk when I was fourth in line this morning and then being told by customer service that the store was in the wrong and I should have walked out with a new phone is just a pitiful display on Verizon's part IMO.

thats a pitiful display on part of that store not Verizon. My store would never stand for it and we had crazy amounts of people this morning and didnt try to push people away because they werent activating a storm. actually my first 3 transactions this morning were exchanges for other phones, not even the storm. If you have problems like this you need to escalate it to the stores manager not customer service. all they do is put notes in the account. Atleast the store manager can do something about it. If its still a problem then go to the district manager. We try to keep shady people like thatout of this company but just like any other there will always be atleast a few.
    11-21-08 07:39 PM
    i just got off of phone and she said i'm Dec 5th... i placed my order at 10:30am est on the dot.. as there was a hold on all ordering from 10:15am to 10:30am
    11-21-08 07:46 PM
    Just called for another update and still nothing. She did explain to me that there is a difference between overnight, and overnight Saturday delivery, but she did confirm mine was Overnight Saturday. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    11-21-08 07:47 PM
    Wow, glad to know...

I am gonna go ahead and order mine. The 5th is a lot better than the 15th!!!
    11-21-08 07:51 PM
    FWIW, I stood in line from 7:10AM, #16 and didn't get a Storm. The store would not tell us how many they had available. When I got in, they were gone (I'm guessing they had 10 at most).

When I got in, they ordered for me (I got 3) and said I would have the phone Tues or Wed at the latest. I got an e-mail today around 5:00PM EST and they are supposed to be here on Monday.
    11-21-08 07:55 PM
    thats a pitiful display on part of that store not Verizon. My store would never stand for it and we had crazy amounts of people this morning and didnt try to push people away because they werent activating a storm. actually my first 3 transactions this morning were exchanges for other phones, not even the storm. If you have problems like this you need to escalate it to the stores manager not customer service. all they do is put notes in the account. Atleast the store manager can do something about it. If its still a problem then go to the district manager. We try to keep shady people like thatout of this company but just like any other there will always be atleast a few.
    I understand what you're saying, but the store manager was standing right there when the sales associate gave me that answer. They both said they got that info from a conference call with "corporate" yesterday. I didn't know it was BS until I got in touch with someone at CS to check on my order, by then it was too late.

The stores are the brick and mortar representation of Verizon. There is a big sign on the front that says Verizon and all the people inside have Verizon on their name tags. Like it or not, a pitiful display by a Verizon store does reflect badly on the company as a whole.

Now, I understand they were put in a tough spot, that whole reflecting badly thing is a two way street. Limited in store availability can make situations tense, but I don't see where the gain is. Simply put, I'm within in my 30 days and could walk. I may be off base here because I really don't know the commissions work, but I don't believe that any commission gained by not allowing me an in store exchange could not be in the best interest for the company or the store if I decide to take my contract elsewhere.

I'll tell you what I told the rep who helped me on the phone when I was trying to sort all this out. I don't care about having the phone today or tomorrow, but I do want to get the phone within my 30 day worry free window and I do need to make sure it's here by Tuesday due to travel plans.

Edit: I'm not sure how to get in touch with a district manager, but if anyone can pass along that information, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not interested in getting anyone in trouble, I'm just interested in knowing if the store did me wrong so that I know not to use that store for anything in the future.
    Last edited by Yesterdays Shoveler; 11-21-08 at 08:02 PM.
    11-21-08 07:57 PM
    I missed a storm by only a few minutes today, and my store is getting another shipment in tomorrow, after getting two today. being held for me.
    11-21-08 08:03 PM
    well if the manager was standing right there then you need to report him too. hes shady just like the sales rep. there was no conference call with corporate. everything was in emails and nowhere did it say we cant do exchanges. I wasnt stressed out today. it was just like every other day. its not like all we did was sell the storm and no one wanted anything else. the only thing that got kinda old was the million calls i had today asking if we had any storms. thats all of a 10 second phone call so its not that big of a deal. but if you feel so strongly about the way your treated in the stores you need to talk to people that run the stores. This does not include customer service. Customer service is not in charge of the stores and has no more power then the store does when it comes to discounts and such. thats why customer service cant send people to stores anymore to get phones, they have to ship them now. My point is if you have a problem with someone at a store you need to talk to the persons that are in charge of those people not customer service or things wont get fixed. its just as annoying to me as it is to you. i hate having to fix other reps mistakes and then look stupid for them because there lazy. -
    11-21-08 08:06 PM
    I went to a preview showing at my local Verizon store on Thursday and placed and order with a rep who said she would enter it on Fri A.M.

Called her today and she confirmed the she entered the order at 6:30 A.M.

Just got off the phone with a Sales Rep who gave me a tracking number - I will have it in hand by Wednesday the latest!
    11-21-08 08:09 PM
    Just got my tracking info at 6:22pm ET. I was issued an order number 7:58am. I called back at 10am and the telesales rep said he couldn't guarntee the next day shipping ($20) so it would arrive on Saturday. I called again at 1pm and the telesales rep said the order was completed and processing correctly but no Tracking number. She suggested calling back in a couple of hours. I called back at 5pm and the telesales rep transfered to customer service and they said no updates as the warehouse in Texas wasn't loading yet. Suggested I call back at 10am ET to see.

Finally at 6:22pm ET I received the email confirmation with tracking number... so it is on it's way!

It did sound like if you placed your order before 10am/11am and you requested next day shipping it got shuffled ahead. Just a thought, no fact here.

Sorry for those who couldn't get the first batch!
    11-21-08 08:09 PM
    I bought mine after work today.. they told me I would get it at the latest December 5th. How can it be that late? I mean that is crazy slow. I'm just quite curious. Am I pissed that I'm going to have to wait 2 weeks? No I'm happy
    knowing I will get one soon. I do hope/wish I will get it sooner though.

I am glad I got to test one in the store one was extremely slow and another was quite nice.
    11-21-08 08:17 PM
    well if the manager was standing right there then you need to report him too. hes shady just like the sales rep. there was no conference call with corporate. everything was in emails and nowhere did it say we cant do exchanges. I wasnt stressed out today. it was just like every other day. its not like all we did was sell the storm and no one wanted anything else. the only thing that got kinda old was the million calls i had today asking if we had any storms. thats all of a 10 second phone call so its not that big of a deal. but if you feel so strongly about the way your treated in the stores you need to talk to people that run the stores. This does not include customer service. Customer service is not in charge of the stores and has no more power then the store does when it comes to discounts and such. thats why customer service cant send people to stores anymore to get phones, they have to ship them now. My point is if you have a problem with someone at a store you need to talk to the persons that are in charge of those people not customer service or things wont get fixed. its just as annoying to me as it is to you. i hate having to fix other reps mistakes and then look stupid for them because there lazy. -
    I hear what you're saying and I definitely know it was less then ideal circumstances.The phone ringing off the hook for any reason is annoying.

The only reason CS even got involved was because when I called to follow up on my order (as instructed by the sales associate that ran my order), she asked if I had waited in line, what place etc...chit chat while the system churned...and now she knows the rest of the story. I can't fault CS one bit, they were great and did everything they could to help me out even though it should not have been their problem.

So, if there's any thing you can offer as far as how to contact a district manager, I'm all ears. If not, no worries. You've already been more than helpful and I appreciate the honesty.
    11-21-08 08:17 PM
    Sweet, I just called FedEx and gave them my address and they said the package has shipped and I will receive it tomorrow. NICE!
    11-21-08 08:26 PM
    And I just now got my shipping confirmation from VZW
    11-21-08 08:36 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD