okay i just got off with a verizon rep and they said if you ordered by 8:30am pacific time your good to go if you ordered after that you won't see it till after the 25 and if you ordered after noon pacific time you won't see it till the 5 of december
    11-21-08 08:41 PM
    I'm sort of confused now. I went in the afternoon to purchase my storm and the store was obviously sold out of them. The rep then advised me to order it and I would have it by December 5th, but I'm going to be out of town on that date. He then said he was able to move it up to an arrival date of November 28th. (I live in the LA area if that helps) So I'm assuming that he gave me lip service or is this actually possible?
    EDIT: I just reread the first post and noticed that it said no later than the 5th. My bad.
    Last edited by thestreamline; 11-21-08 at 09:01 PM.
    11-21-08 08:43 PM
    Well I did the call the rep earlier in the week thing and was told that I was good to go. I get a call at about 9:30 and was told they were having some
    problems placing my order(systems down).

Tried to contact them but got nothing. They finally send email and call at
    about 5:30pm and say they are sorry but I'll have it by the 25th. Then
    another email is sent to me saying that it should be there 12/5 at the
    latest. Stupid me for trusting the rep. I probably got the one that decided
    to not do anything today.

I did tell them that if I don't get it on 11/25 to just forget it and
    cancel it.
    lol your hilarious , so your saying if you dont get what you want right away you dont want it at all? your choice but that made me laugh..
    11-22-08 02:58 AM
    I doubt he meant it, but I have to admit it made me laugh too when I read it
    11-22-08 03:57 AM
    After calling few times, I got a rep that said she can place an order and have it shipped to me on 11/25 via Fedex. I called 11/21 around 9:45PM PST. She told me I should get my tracking number in the morning. I just have to sit and wait to see if its true that I'll get it by Tuesday.
    11-22-08 04:02 AM
    After calling few times, I got a rep that said she can place an order and have it shipped to me on 11/25 via Fedex. I called 11/21 around 9:45PM PST. She told me I should get my tracking number in the morning. I just have to sit and wait to see if its true that I'll get it by Tuesday.
    I have a feeling you got a rep who had old info...any orders after 2 PM CST on 11/21 seem to be going out 12/5 and orders after that are going 12/15 from everything the website and the boards are saying.
    11-22-08 05:07 AM
    I know people are frustrated with the time frames but it has been my experience as a Verizon customer of 10 years that they usually get their equipment out earlier than they project. Case in point:
    I ordered mine over the phone at about 8am est on Friday and I was given a ship date of Nov 25. I recieved a tracking number last night and when I checked a few minutes ago FedEx had it in Memphis (I am in ATL suburb). I don't know if it will come today, but since it is 2 day I should have it Monday (before my projected ship date)

Another Kudos for VW is that my "New in 2" wasn't elligable until mid-December. I had pretty much accepted that I would have to wait and my call to VW was actually to upgrade my wifes phone. I mentioned that I was waiting for the "New in 2" and the customer service rep got approval to waive the wait so I could order now. I was very happy with that.

VW is not the best by far, but every once in a while they do something to make me happy

Anyway I am looking forward to the arrival of my first BB
    11-22-08 06:08 AM
    I ordered mine at 8am EST Friday morning (online). I've gotten no shipping confirmation and my online order status says "no update, check back tomorrow." I called telesales and the system shows Monday shipping, with delivery on Tuesday.
    11-22-08 06:20 AM
    I placed my order over the phone with CS at 6:00am.. I have an order number but still no tracking number.. Called last night at about 10:30pm and was told the order was processed but hasn't shipped yet.. I'm just hoping for Monday or Tuesday delivery at this point Saturday shipping my ****! lol
    11-22-08 06:27 AM
    my 8:30 am EST DF order actually went through and is at the local facility despite fedex not seeing it last night when I called them but I got an e-mail late last night with my info
    11-22-08 07:34 AM
    I know people are frustrated with the time frames but it has been my experience as a Verizon customer of 10 years that they usually get their equipment out earlier than they project. Case in point:
    I ordered mine over the phone at about 8am est on Friday and I was given a ship date of Nov 25. I recieved a tracking number last night and when I checked a few minutes ago FedEx had it in Memphis (I am in ATL suburb). I don't know if it will come today, but since it is 2 day I should have it Monday (before my projected ship date)

Another Kudos for VW is that my "New in 2" wasn't elligable until mid-December. I had pretty much accepted that I would have to wait and my call to VW was actually to upgrade my wifes phone. I mentioned that I was waiting for the "New in 2" and the customer service rep got approval to waive the wait so I could order now. I was very happy with that.

VW is not the best by far, but every once in a while they do something to make me happy

Anyway I am looking forward to the arrival of my first BB
    Yeah, well good for you. Please excuse the rest of us who are left with nothing for not singing Kumbayah, dancing and giving a group hug to Verizon with you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 07:35 AM
    Well this was a welcomed sight this morning...

Nov 24, 2008 7:12 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery
    11-24-08 08:03 AM
    Well I am pleasantly surprised, I was one of the many who was on the phone when the systems crashed. I got a call back from a manager around 8:30 Friday night. He placed my order and even allowed me to get 2 year pricing on a one year upgrade. Well I felt that it was enough of a deal to wait till 12/5 for it to ship. Just kept wishing it would ship early. Well as of 7:12 this morning it is on the fed ex truck leaving west chester. Hope everyone else who is waiting has the same luck.
    11-24-08 08:10 AM
    Well these last coupe of post are giving me hope that my Storm will be delivered today.

I'm right outside the city of Atlanta and placed my order at 9am on Friday. I have yet to get a tracking number so I'm not sure the phone will be delivered today.

I just hope I get it before I go out of town for the holidays.
    11-24-08 08:35 AM
    I was out of town this weekend and got a shock when I got home and had a message from FedEx that they tried to deliver a package to my office on Saturday!!! I had ordered the Storm with DuLac last week and expected it today or tomorrow. Then I read all the posts about the delays and thought I was out of luck for while. First thing this morning the receptionist walked into my office with a brand new Storm for me!!!!!
    11-24-08 08:49 AM
    Does anyone know if we order one now will the credit card be charged now or will it be charged when the storm is shipped?
    11-24-08 08:59 AM
    Does anyone know if we order one now will the credit card be charged now or will it be charged when the storm is shipped?
    It will be charged when it ships.
    11-24-08 09:07 AM
    I was out of town this weekend and got a shock when I got home and had a message from FedEx that they tried to deliver a package to my office on Saturday!!! I had ordered the Storm with DuLac last week and expected it today or tomorrow. Then I read all the posts about the delays and thought I was out of luck for while. First thing this morning the receptionist walked into my office with a brand new Storm for me!!!!!
    Although I have been hating on everyone who's orders worked out all weekend (because mine so tragically didn't), your post actually made me smile. I'm glad for you. And not in an overly sarcastic way. I mean actually happy for you.

Wow, I think I may have turned a corner.......
    11-24-08 09:16 AM

BlackBerry Shipping

Setting Expectations for Storm Shipping

Please be sure to set proper expectations when advising your customers on the shipping of the Blackberry Storm:

Orders that were placed on 11/21 by 2pm local time will ship no later than 11/25

Orders that were placed on 11/21 after 2pm local time through end of day will ship no later than 12/5

Orders placed on 11/22 will ship no later than 12/15
    I'm just venting some frustration, so please bear with me.

The quoted above is a complete lie with regards to how Verizon will be shipping the units.

The time reference has to do with when the order was actually processed, not placed. I placed my order thru verizonwireless.com at 9:54 am EST. Got the order confirmation about 5 minutes later, with an order number.

No updates occured over the weekend to the order, nor was a tracking number released to me. So I called the internet sales division (Northeast Operations #), waited for about 20 minutes due to "high volume". When I finally got through, I told the rep that I was calling about a Blackberry Storm and was immediately told "Dec 5th ship date". I said.. well, I ordered the phone on Friday at 10am and was told by numerous sources that this means it would ship this week, could she please check the order number. She entered and said "your order hasn't been processed yet, and that means it won't ship until Dec 5th". When I asked to speak to a supervisor, she said "he's going to tell you the same thing".

So, long story short. I understand this is just a phone. But there have been great inconsistencies in the way these orders have been processed and that's what's most annoying. It's not my fault that the east coast sales systems have crashed.. They should have respected the order time that it was placed, not when it was processed, something of which I had no control over. I did my part in ordered in the most timely fashion I could, why am I being penalized ?

I am still seeking the # or name of someone a little more senior to speak with at Verizon about this. If anyone has had any experiences or success with it, it would be greatly appreciated.
    11-24-08 09:18 AM
    Not that anyone cares about my sob story, but I need to get it out just one last time....

I ordered my Storm from Telesales on Thursday evening, 11/20. I was told by the gentleman who I ordered from that for the extra charge, it would be to me on Saturday or Monday at the very latest.

I never received an order confirmation or tracking info. I figured their systems were probably just overwhelmed. So on Friday afternoon, I called the TS rep I dealt with, left a few messages. Then I called the TS department back and the other reps were not able/willing to help me. They transferred me to Customer Service. They had no record of my order but said not to worrry.

So then comes Saturday morning at 10:30. I'm thinking, no big deal - there was a huge rush on the phone - I'll get it monday. Well then my TS rep called and said he did receive my messages. He also stated that he was out sick on Friday. To top it off, I was having the phone shipped to my office so someone would be there to sign for it. As a result, he put the wrong zip code in for my billing address, even though we specified it was different when I placed the order.

As a result, the order was kicked back to him on Friday (When he was out sick) and he didn't get in until Saturday the 22nd.

So instead of having a phone ordered very early on 11/21 and receiving it Saturday or today, my order didn't get placed until 11/22. So now I'm looking at 12/15.

This makes me sad.
    11-24-08 09:24 AM

Orders that were placed on 11/21 by 2pm local time will ship no later than 11/25
    So......... No tracking number. Its 1030am....
    11-24-08 09:25 AM
    Well get this.....I placed my order with a corporate rep on Thursday that said it would be immediately placed for the release on Friday. FINALLY got an email from him today after no response all weekend. I insisted on a copy of my receipt. It showed it was NOT ENTERED till SUNDAY 11/23!!! I am a patient person but....lack of communication and it being ordered late is just unbelievable. Hope it has all the updates if I ever get it. Grrrrrrrrr.
    11-24-08 09:28 AM
    Well.. I'll put it like this. Verizon is screwy, as ****.

Verbatum of what my rep told me:

:You have one new voice message:

- Stephen with Verizon..
    -Well before 2pm, cut off, no later than the 25th
    -Either tomorrow or Wednesday by the LATEST.
    -Email, may not have shipped out
    -No later than the day before thanksgiving
    -Dont pay attention to that 12/5, since you were placed WELL before 2pm on Friday.

(Sounds great right?...Welp)

-No tracking number.. at ALL.
    -Billed on my January bill (as stated) for the phone...
    11-24-08 09:33 AM
    I'm with all you guys.

Then again, when I saw the message below, all my hate for VZW kind of disappeared.

Nov 24, 2008 8:14 AM
    On FedEx vehicle for delivery
    TAMPA, FL
    11-24-08 09:47 AM
    Got a storm on release day and ordered another phones the same day(Juke and another storm). Fedex just came, I was suppose to get both phones today and only got one. WTF is that about? Called CS and get put through to VM. This is sum bullchit!
    11-24-08 09:54 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD