I must be lucky as ****, cause the 11/23/08 is my NE2 discount day
    So does that mean I get an additional 100 off after I sign up for a 2 year contract?
    It depends on your current plan. I thought I was going to get $100 off when I upgraded back in May but only got $50.
    They changed their NE2 promo. I believe that you have to have a voice plan of $59.99 or higher to qualify for $100 discount; otherwise, you only get $50. This cannot include text or data plans, just voice.
    11-07-08 06:04 PM
    Until Verizon announces a release date, to get your hopes up too high. Especially since the 23rd is a Sunday.
    It's not uncommon for phones to be released on a Sunday. Sprint's web page is always down on Sundays it seems since they are updating the online order form for new phones. I may be wrong, but the 8130 for VZW may have even been released on a Sunday.
    11-07-08 06:14 PM
    I wasn't really planning on signing another contract, but $100 with the NE2 credit would almost be tempting enough to suck me back into one. We'll see if they really allow them to go out the door that cheap to retail customers...
    11-07-08 06:26 PM
    I'm not going to ask since I'm a noob and I'm sure it's common knowledge for the regulars, but I guess the testman site is a good sign.
    11-07-08 06:33 PM
    The 23rd would be perfect. I could grab it on my way out of town.
    11-07-08 06:50 PM
    I'm kind of confused... if all I have is a NE2, what will the price be?
    11-07-08 06:50 PM
    ill wait till VZW post something sounds like more speculation to me... he said she said deal dam it...
    11-07-08 06:54 PM
    i really hope they give a definitive release date and price very soon. My friend got the Bold today and i gotta say I was really enjoying it.
    11-07-08 07:01 PM
    I must be lucky as ****, cause the 11/23/08 is my NE2 discount day
    So does that mean I get an additional 100 off after I sign up for a 2 year contract?
    Yes you will get the NE2 price plus 100$ if your phone is the primary account... That means if what they say is true and you get company discount at 89.99$ the NE2 100$ back..... they would be paying you to get the phone...

Edit:

Ok it works like this if what Gizmodo is saying is true...

199.99 for NE2
    199.99 -100 if you are NE2 and are the primary line = 99.99
    89.99 if you have a corporate account like lets say you work for Best Buy and have there plan....

they did not give the full retail price but I am guessing less than $500.00 and I am only basing that on what I remember hearing from another post I think of phonescoop, or blackberrynews....
    Last edited by WG; 11-07-08 at 07:18 PM.
    11-07-08 07:10 PM
    So you get the $89 price if your company gets a Verizon discount? If so, then I will qualify at my new job and that is a good azz deal.
    11-07-08 07:17 PM
    the storm is front and center on verizon's testman site!!! we're getting closer!!

plus there are storm clouds in the background..

Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, Cell Phone Accessories - Verizon Wireless
    what's this testman website?
    11-07-08 07:19 PM
    I just want to clear up a few things..

Regarding the NE2 credit, this is not a set amount of $100. NE2 is a credit of up to $100. Depending on your voice plan, it could be another amount, such as the $50 that has been previously mentioned. Furthermore, this does not apply to added lines on a family plan, just the primary line.

For the business account side of it, while people are getting the idea that just from receiving an employee discount, that you would qualify for the price mentioned of $89. This would not be the case. As far as I know you would need to be on a corporate account, or a full business account.

Lastly, Best Buy Mobile matches the equipment to the price reflected by Verizon with the NE2 credit, or any offer in general for that matter.
    In other words, no Best Buy Mobile does not physically "use" the credit because there is no way to scan a verizon coupon etc into the POS registers. What Best Buy Mobile does is match to the price that they would be getting using they're credit at Verizon. i.e) If you can get the phone for $99 from Verizon using a $100 NE2 credit, then Best Buy Mobile will do a price match for the phone to the price of $99. Also with this being done at Best Buy Mobile, it is always an instant rebate, and you don't have to wait 6-8 weeks for a mail-in rebate.

For future reference Best Buy Mobile matches any offers including mail-in rebates, online website prices, upgrade coupons (NE2 Verizon, $75/$150 Sprint rebate, etc), and again.. always an instant rebate.

One last thing..Best Buy Mobile is currently taking pre-orders of $50 dollars for the storm which should be available on, or around the 23rd or 26th.

-Will
    Last edited by blakcivicsi; 11-07-08 at 08:16 PM.
    11-07-08 08:08 PM
    my wife is primary on our family plan. I am eligible for NE2 under my phone not hers.

so if I understand this right I'm at the $199 mark at both Verizon & Best Buy

Also I've read teh gizmodo rumor a couple of time s and i don't see the 23rd mentioned in it just "End of the Month"
    Last edited by Devlyn16; 11-07-08 at 08:50 PM.
    11-07-08 08:43 PM
    Thanks for the post it does look pretty official.....................
    Yeah baby...........................
    AKA
    S1
    11-07-08 08:56 PM
    I just want to clear up a few things..

Regarding the NE2 credit, this is not a set amount of $100. NE2 is a credit of up to $100. Depending on your voice plan, it could be another amount, such as the $50 that has been previously mentioned. Furthermore, this does not apply to added lines on a family plan, just the primary line.
    Just to add. I was told by telesales that Internet pricing may be different than that the pricing in the corp. stores. (but maybe they're (not their or there) just trying to make their (not there)sale.
    11-07-08 09:09 PM
    I'm a VIP with a corporate discount on my account. I'll be at 10 months right around the release date. Do you think I'll be eligible for the early (1 year VIP) upgrade at the $199 promo price? I hope so. I don't want to wait until January!
    11-07-08 09:09 PM
    So here is a question to those of you that might be able to help me. My wife and I opened a Verizon account back in August. We had been Verizon customers, switched to Alltel (dumb I Know!!!!!), then came back to Verizon. I got the Dare and my wife just used her old phone from our previous account (EnV). I called Verizon yesterday and they said that my wife is able to get a new phone at a discount since she never purchased a new one when we activated our account. So will I be able to get the $100.00 off the Storm or will I have to buy it at the $199.99 price? Also, she loves her EnV, so can I use her discount price and get the Storm for myself even though I got a new Dare? Thanks!!!!!!
    11-07-08 09:11 PM
    So here is a question to those of you that might be able to help me. My wife and I opened a Verizon account back in August. We had been Verizon customers, switched to Alltel (dumb I Know!!!!!), then came back to Verizon. I got the Dare and my wife just used her old phone from our previous account (EnV). I called Verizon yesterday and they said that my wife is able to get a new phone at a discount since she never purchased a new one when we activated our account. So will I be able to get the $100.00 off the Storm or will I have to buy it at the $199.99 price? Also, she loves her EnV, so can I use her discount price and get the Storm for myself even though I got a new Dare? Thanks!!!!!!
    You will pay $199 for your "wife's" new phone. After you activate it, you can switch the phones. You will have to call to switch the data plan from one line to the other. I had to do this to get my Pearl.
    11-07-08 09:34 PM
    Here ya go VZW guys. How about this one.

I am due for a NE2 w/ $100 discount. Now if I go to Best Buy and price match it and get it for $99 there, will my my NE2 still be available? I.E. Will my wife be able to go to a VZW store and get herself a Storm w/ my NE2 + discount pricing?

Thanks for any answers.
    11-07-08 09:44 PM
    what's this testman website?
    testman is vzw's website that they use prior to things going live. it's just a website used internally. so if u c something on testman then it usually is posted on their real consumer sign relatively soon. typically (from my experience) things appear on testman then 1-3 weeks later on the consumer vzw website. i check every day or so to c if they have the storm under the actual phones to by section. if it is, then it indicates release is very soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-08 09:49 PM
    testman is vzw's website that they use prior to things going live. it's just a website used internally. so if u c something on testman then it usually is posted on their real consumer sign relatively soon. typically (from my experience) things appear on testman then 1-3 weeks later on the consumer vzw website. i check every day or so to c if they have the storm under the actual phones to by section. if it is, then it indicates release is very soon.

i think you mean 1-3 days, not weeks. never seen any new releases be on testman for that long. ever.
    11-07-08 10:39 PM
    i think you mean 1-3 days, not weeks. never seen any new releases be on testman for that long. ever.
    yeah, u'r right. thanks for catching that one. lol if it posts next week, 3 weeks from then would be a LONG time..
    11-07-08 11:02 PM
    23rd is my NE2 upgrade day!!!! Woohoo with the hundred dollar credit plus my Target Corp discount which is like 25% of equipment it shouldn't be that much yay!!!!!!
    11-08-08 04:26 AM
    Just read on a tech blog the reason for the delay is VZW had a change of heart and is activating the WIFI... thanks BIg Red...

11-08-08 07:00 AM
    Just read on a tech blog the reason for the delay is VZW had a change of heart and is activating the WIFI... thanks BIg Red...

I don't believe it, but post a link to the story anyway.
    11-08-08 07:22 AM
134 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD