give us the link, please. let us read up on this as well.

I don't believe it, but post a link to the story anyway.
    11-08-08 08:07 AM
    Just read on a tech blog the reason for the delay is VZW had a change of heart and is activating the WIFI... thanks BIg Red...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If the Vodafone version does not have it then Verizon's version would not have it. Wi-Fi I believe is a hardware issue and not soft/firmware issue so it could not be intergraded into the phones design.
    11-08-08 08:23 AM
    $199 for the storm i am so at verizon so long att~!!! by any chance since verizon making the storm $199 do u think att might lower the bold to $199 i know that be direct compation with the iphone anyone think that? cause att usally follow what verizon but do they follow just for plans and not phones? btw this is my first post so go easy on me!
    11-08-08 08:27 AM
    Just read on a tech blog the reason for the delay is VZW had a change of heart and is activating the WIFI... thanks BIg Red...

Don't start that....................
    But if true wow..................................
    But I never needed to use wi-fi any how.
    Just nice to have around just in case.
    11-08-08 08:32 AM
    Hey guys, sorry for my lack of understanding. I am with ATT and very dissatisfied, I intended on switching to VZW but decided to wait on the storm. Now I read everyone talking about the NE2, which I am assuming is the upgrade program with a renewal of a contract. My question is, if NE2 gets someone a potential $100 discount on a new phone, will a new customer contract get the same discount or are new customers just eligible to get the $199 two year price?

Thanks!
    11-08-08 08:38 AM
    Hey guys, sorry for my lack of understanding. I am with ATT and very dissatisfied, I intended on switching to VZW but decided to wait on the storm. Now I read everyone talking about the NE2, which I am assuming is the upgrade program with a renewal of a contract. My question is, if NE2 gets someone a potential $100 discount on a new phone, will a new customer contract get the same discount or are new customers just eligible to get the $199 two year price?

Thanks!
    You will pay the $199 price. The NE2 discount is a loyalty reward.
    11-08-08 08:40 AM
    Sorry for the Newb question but VZW confuses the heck out of me with the NE2 when on a family share plan.

I just want to clear up a few things..

Lastly, Best Buy Mobile matches the equipment to the price reflected by Verizon with the NE2 credit, or any offer in general for that matter.
    In other words, no Best Buy Mobile does not physically "use" the credit because there is no way to scan a verizon coupon etc into the POS registers. What Best Buy Mobile does is match to the price that they would be getting using they're credit at Verizon. i.e) If you can get the phone for $99 from Verizon using a $100 NE2 credit, then Best Buy Mobile will do a price match for the phone to the price of $99. Also with this being done at Best Buy Mobile, it is always an instant rebate, and you don't have to wait 6-8 weeks for a mail-in rebate.

For future reference Best Buy Mobile matches any offers including mail-in rebates, online website prices, upgrade coupons (NE2 Verizon, $75/$150 Sprint rebate, etc), and again.. always an instant rebate.

One last thing..Best Buy Mobile is currently taking pre-orders of $50 dollars for the storm which should be available on, or around the 23rd or 26th.

-Will
    I have a Family Share Plan with 4 phones, they just "switched" the main user to my son's account so he could get the $100 NE2 price for his new Krave since he had his old phone for 2.5 years. Now technically, his number is the main number on the account.

First, I guess I would need to switch this so my number is listed as the main number again.

Next, I get a NE2 on 11/24/08 (according to when I purchased my phone) but right now when I go into "My Account" on VZW site it doesn't show that. It says I'm not elegible until 6/2010. Why when the phone I have was purchased in January of 2007 and would fall in the 22 month upgrade on 11/24?

Now, I go to Best Buy, they should give me the phone for the NE2 price match based on what my purchase date is on my phone, no?

Thanks from a Newb that's just trying to figure it out.
    11-08-08 08:51 AM
    You will pay the $199 price. The NE2 discount is a loyalty reward.

Thanks so much for the info Maybe they'll start a "This guy stuck it to ATT and came to us discount" lol, one can always hope.
    11-08-08 08:51 AM
    Sorry for the Newb question but VZW confuses the heck out of me with the NE2 when on a family share plan.

I have a Family Share Plan with 4 phones, they just "switched" the main user to my son's account so he could get the $100 NE2 price for his new Krave since he had his old phone for 2.5 years. Now technically, his number is the main number on the account.

First, I guess I would need to switch this so my number is listed as the main number again.

Next, I get a NE2 on 11/24/08 (according to when I purchased my phone) but right now when I go into "My Account" on VZW site it doesn't show that. It says I'm not elegible until 6/2010. Why when the phone I have was purchased in January of 2007 and would fall in the 22 month upgrade on 11/24?

Now, I go to Best Buy, they should give me the phone for the NE2 price match based on what my purchase date is on my phone, no?

Thanks from a Newb that's just trying to figure it out.

I am not a guru in such matters but it sounds like when you used it for your sons phone it reset your new NE2 for the account, it is my understadning that only one per account can be used so even by switching it again won't change the system because it shows the NE2 as already being used. I ran into a similar problem with ATT, two different contracts but one account.
    11-08-08 08:59 AM
    I am not a guru in such matters but it sounds like when you used it for your sons phone it reset your new NE2 for the account, it is my understadning that only one per account can be used so even by switching it again won't change the system because it shows the NE2 as already being used. I ran into a similar problem with ATT, two different contracts but one account.
    Just confirming this for the OP. You used your NE2 for your son's Krave. It sounds like VZW did an "alternate" upgrade, where they used your credit on his line. Now his line is still eligible to upgrade at promotional pricing. Which means whatever the 2 year price for the Storm ends up being, is what you will pay.
    11-08-08 09:22 AM
    $199 for the storm i am so at verizon so long att~!!! by any chance since verizon making the storm $199 do u think att might lower the bold to $199 i know that be direct compation with the iphone anyone think that? cause att usally follow what verizon but do they follow just for plans and not phones? btw this is my first post so go easy on me!
    Nope this most likely will not happen. The Bold has been said to be the higher end new Blackberry, which in simple terms means higher price. So I wouldn't expect to see the Bold coming down to $199 anytime soon.
    11-08-08 09:58 AM
    jkviz and b.rich thank you for the quick replies. I think I'm probably going to have to have a looooooong conversation with someone at Verizon to get it straightened out, so I can make sure I'm the main number on the account.

I hope I can get this worked out, generally VZW is pretty good with long time customers so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I think I should be able to get this phone for $99. I will say, the family share plan does make the NE2 a little screwy but I understand why they only allow an upgrade on one line. The problem is, if they just change the line that's due for the upgrade to the main number to get the $100 credit why wouldn't they just make it a NE2 for every line.

Appreciate the help and I'm sure once I make the switch from Palm (I think I purchased one of the first Palm smartphones) to RIM you all will be a big help in my learning curve.
    11-08-08 04:12 PM
    ugh, realease the NON contractual price....most people dont' care about the contractual price because if we have the non contract we can assume on the rest a little better, now we have one price and a range of possible others, let's hope that the 199.99 is a "50% off" type deal and the regular is 399.99
    I GUARANTEE it will be more than 399.99 !!! Seeing how the Curve is 429.99 (non contract).
    11-08-08 05:15 PM
    I GUARANTEE it will be more than 399.99 !!! Seeing how the Curve is 429.99 (non contract).
    I'm predicting $500, for retail, the Curve may have a little bit of a price drop also considering they are releasing a new BB and its getting close to the holidays.
    11-08-08 05:17 PM

Sure, don't post any links. Just make us all squirm in our pants.
    11-08-08 06:31 PM
    Can't post it here because I haven't posted 10 times.

Just read it on Gizmodo. Nov 23.

$199.99 (2 year contract). $89.99 for companies.

Finally.
    Please tell me exactly where it says Nov 23rd ?!

Not seeing it.
    11-08-08 08:45 PM
    Please tell me exactly where it says Nov 23rd ?!

Not seeing it.
    The page was different, they have seemed to changed the quote and what not.
    11-08-08 08:52 PM
    they edited the heading yesterday it did say the 23rd.

i dont know if thats good or bad
    11-08-08 08:53 PM
    so this is basically still here-say? i'm not believing anything until verizon says so. some gizmodo guy probably heard from his cousin's girlfriend's uncle that this is true. . . . I have no faith until i see the big red check mark!
    11-08-08 09:09 PM
    I can't buy it. I just bought the curve, and renewed my contract. Don't think I will want to pay full price
    11-08-08 09:22 PM
    I can't buy it. I just bought the curve, and renewed my contract. Don't think I will want to pay full price
    you have a 30 day money back guarantee. you can return your curve.
    11-08-08 09:47 PM
    they edited the heading yesterday it did say the 23rd.

i dont know if thats good or bad

I spoke to a VZ rep today and he indicated he would have it on the 17th
    11-09-08 12:15 AM
    They are probably going to wait until black friday to release. That would be a prime date for this type of release.
    11-09-08 12:24 AM
    no they will release it before black friday you have to get it a week for hype
    11-09-08 12:28 AM
    The final release software is suppose to be completed on the 13th and looks like it will be completed a few days earlier. Which btw I'm hoping for and I'm hoping when I get to meet with our RIM rep on the 12th and 14th it will have the final release OS on it

Also on that date I have a definate answer as to if BB Maps will work with GPS. I was told this by a co-worker that met with RIM a wk or so ago.
    11-09-08 05:57 AM
134 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD