So some experience improved battery life on this and some have the complete opposite- I am running 428 and the only thing that I dont like is my battery life- I am torn with to update or not to update... Any thoughts?
    03-24-10 07:01 PM
    hmm i have made 10-15 calls and no problems with the radio in 517, no BT though
    This has nothing to do with the radio, but everything to do with the bluetooth on .517. I use BT on my about 2 hours everyday. Problems started as soon as I tried the BT on 517. Voice on the other line garbled, static on my side, static on the other side. This happened 3 times in a row. I disconnected from my Alpine handsfree and all of the problems went away. Perfect call. I rolled back to .320 yesterday, and again, perfect calls on BT. Definitely an issue in the BT.

BTW Matt

Does this thread still suck?

Mike
    03-25-10 07:07 AM
    Here we go again! Post your results and lets keep this clean and updated..
    Also give this OS 24 hours to settle in.

The Lock/Unlock much much faster.
    The SMS issue seems to be gone.
    Multiclicking issue is gone.
    More App Memory
    Snappier and screen responds better
    Xvid/Divx is back again

***Download link https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...4571FBD180E1C8***

***MIRROR MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service***

Installed it yesterday, and it solved all of the issues I was having with my S2
    TX for your detailed instructions.
    03-25-10 07:11 AM
    question.... i just tried wireless update from phone and it said no updates available. my question is, is this os update something i can do from desktop manager?
    03-25-10 03:09 PM
    This has nothing to do with the radio, but everything to do with the bluetooth on .517. I use BT on my about 2 hours everyday. Problems started as soon as I tried the BT on 517. Voice on the other line garbled, static on my side, static on the other side. This happened 3 times in a row. I disconnected from my Alpine handsfree and all of the problems went away. Perfect call. I rolled back to .320 yesterday, and again, perfect calls on BT. Definitely an issue in the BT.

BTW Matt

Does this thread still suck?

Mike
    Im on .517 and use my bluetooth all the time and it works fine every time. I also did a *228 update as well.

Make sure you all do that. *228 #2
    03-25-10 03:37 PM
    question.... i just tried wireless update from phone and it said no updates available. my question is, is this os update something i can do from desktop manager?
    It's not official on Verizon, so you won't get it directly from them.

Try this:

Upgrading OS - Step by Step How-To With Pics
    03-25-10 04:35 PM
    Same here... Did a *228 update and my Bluetooth works fine. Also, the problem with my bottom keys has gone away, for now, but the screen seems to be more responsive with this upgrade. Just my .02 cents. BTW: I just bought the phone 3 weeks ago with the old date. I am not turning it in for a reman.
    03-25-10 04:59 PM
    O.k. I've been using this OS for several days now and have some more comments.

The browser is definitely faster than other builds I've used, especially when I switch to T-Mobile during the day. Wifi is faster, too.

I'm not experiencing any Bluetooth issues, and in fact today was on my headset with the phone to the right of me (headset in my left ear) and it actually performed better than prior builds. I usually had to move the phone to the console on the left of the steering wheel to prevent static (more direct line to the headset). So happy with that.

What I'm not so happy with is that I've noticed my screen is starting to act similar to how it did with .320...I'm getting double clicks unexpectedly, and I am experiencing the dumping of typed out messages in BBM and Google Talk. VERY frustrating and I haven't see this issue since the .320 build (and I've installed a gazillion hybrids).

I don't think the battery life is as good as Tank's Act 2.

This double clicking/dumping issue is enough of a bother that I might roll back to Tanks Act 2...but I'm trying to hold out to see what else shows up the next few days. I think what's frustrating at this point is that these findings threads are filled more with "how do I install this" rather than actual feedback on experiences with the OS.
    Last edited by French; 03-26-10 at 10:55 AM.
    03-26-10 07:42 AM
    Im on .517 and use my bluetooth all the time and it works fine every time. I also did a *228 update as well.

Make sure you all do that. *228 #2
    Yup, did the *228 and updated service books as well.
    03-26-10 08:06 AM
    *228 has absolutely nothing to do with your bluetooth. *228 updates your phone's PRL (Preferred Roaming List) That list contains what towers the phone should try to use first, if one is not available then it falls back to the next one, and so and so on.
    03-26-10 08:53 AM
    *228 has absolutely nothing to do with your bluetooth. *228 updates your phone's PRL (Preferred Roaming List) That list contains what towers the phone should try to use first, if one is not available then it falls back to the next one, and so and so on.
    bingo i was waiting for someone to notice that lol
    03-26-10 10:35 AM
    Has anyone noticed a problem with Google Maps after updating to .517? My Google Maps will not allow me to browse around the map.
    I'm having the same problem. Strange that i's not a problem for everyone.
    03-26-10 01:58 PM
    If your Garmin is not working you are using a hacked version. Garmin now uses the same tecnology as most higher end aps and confirms that the PIN is licensed prior to allowing access (in this case maps). Hence why you are asking on these forums and not contacting Garmin.

PS - If you want I will give you the link to buy it for $80 one time fee.
    Um he is not talking about garmin, but Google Maps which is free
    03-26-10 02:12 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Strange that i's not a problem for everyone.
    Browser options>Browser configuration>Browser identification. This option needs to be set to Blackberry before you download google maps. If its set to anything else, it will download the wrong version.

I didn't have any problems with google maps when I was on 517

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-10 02:13 PM
    Um he is not talking about garmin, but Google Maps which is free

DOH!!

Sheepishly deleted.
    03-26-10 02:30 PM
    Browser options>Browser configuration>Browser identification. This option needs to be set to Blackberry before you download google maps. If its set to anything else, it will download the wrong version.

I didn't have any problems with google maps when I was on 517

Thanks, that did the trick. I had to change it to Firefox to get Google Voice to download and forgot to switch it back. It seems that Google relies too much on the browser identification! Thanks again.
    03-26-10 03:22 PM
    This may not be relevant at this point, but I wrote a short form of a "How To" load a new OS using Windows 7 64 bit. It's a bit different than Vista instructions because it's hard to find the RIM apploader file the standard way. Here's the link to the thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...11#post4887111
    03-26-10 04:14 PM
    This may not be relevant at this point, but I wrote a short form of a "How To" load a new OS using Windows 7 64 bit. It's a bit different than Vista instructions because it's hard to find the RIM apploader file the standard way. Here's the link to the thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...11#post4887111
    it is exactly the same for win 7 or vista

03-26-10 04:18 PM
    Probably a better spot for this question. Quickpull, Seesmic, and Wordpress all do not work when i installed them. I set all the permission to Allow but Quickpull always shows view permission. Seesmic permissions cycle, and Wordpress just wont work period.
    03-26-10 05:38 PM
    didn't work for me had to revert.... wasnt picking up my data connection....:
    03-26-10 07:43 PM
    Waiting for an official update/ release
    03-26-10 10:51 PM
    Waiting for an official update/ release
    This is a Official release. If you are waiting for a verizon release, your gonna be waiting a while.
    03-26-10 11:05 PM
    I'm getting the following two errors at reboot -

Uncaught exception: classname is not implemented
    Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.wait For (0xbfe76a80778172e5) timeout

Any advice?
    03-27-10 07:59 AM
    Does VZNav work with bluetooth? Any fix?
    03-27-10 02:54 PM
    Storm Slider doesn't work properly with .517. It freezes up my phone. Any suggestions?
    03-27-10 03:42 PM
362 ... 12131415
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD