Has anyone noticed a problem with Google Maps after updating to .517? My Google Maps will not allow me to browse around the map.
    My Google maps works fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 09:45 AM
    uninstall any previous OS...(very important)

Install New OS... reboot pc

Delete vendor.xml

run loader.exe - you will know immediately if it will work because it will say "Update" next to the core apps (and a few others)

continue...

the first time I ran Loader it didnt say update.. but the second time.. it did.
    hmm never uninstalled a previous one when updating- thinking of updating tonight- how would I delete the old? thanks
    03-23-10 10:25 AM
    hmm never uninstalled a previous one when updating- thinking of updating tonight- how would I delete the old? thanks
    (win xp) - control panel> add/remove programs
    (win vista & 7) - control panel> programs and features
    03-23-10 10:35 AM
    OK, I am getting "brave." I finally updated from .320 to .517, now I think I will try one of the hybrids! Are there any written that build off the .517 O/S? Any suggestions? Thanks.
    03-23-10 10:40 AM
    So I am running .428 and after reading most of the 21 pages here I am not sure it is worth the upgrade
    03-23-10 11:23 AM
    Just loaded this one in the morning.. noticed the Language input methods are not showing up as an option when running loader.exe.

Loaded it anyway.. not sure if .517 includes other language input methods?
    03-23-10 11:36 AM
    Yes it does.

I have been rocking my Storm2 for 3 weeks now... anyone noticed that in this build (maybe others) pressing the Alt key in the soft keyboard causes a 1sec delay when toggling between the letters and special characters mode? this is very annoying when typing quickly....

is there a solution to this?
    thanks
    KB
    03-23-10 11:56 AM
    I've never deleted a previous OS before however my Os installs fine. So its not mandatory right?

03-23-10 01:23 PM
    I've been running .517 for several days now and the only thing I've been able to notice is that the battery seems to drain a little faster than it did when I was running .451.

It's not enough to be a problem, though, so I'm expecting to keep this OS (especially since the screen seems to be a bit more responsive).
    03-23-10 01:41 PM
    I've never deleted a previous OS before however my Os installs fine. So its not mandatory right?

No one will make you do it, but you should. It prevents the possibility of the older OS from being installed during the upgrade. The people who decide not to remove it are the ones that create all the threads like "Help upgrading OS!!!"
    03-23-10 02:06 PM
    I upgraded from .320 and I notice signficant static and interference on my handsfree unit. Anyone else experience this? This is a show stopper for me.
    03-24-10 11:32 AM
    never noticed that...
    03-24-10 11:46 AM
    never noticed that...
    Loaded .517 yesterday afternoon. Started as soon as I made the call. Voice is garbled on the other side and I can hear light static when no one is talking.
    Happened again this morning. Turned off BT and the problem went away.
    I am using the Alpine KCE400BT in the car. I'm on the phone 2 hours a day. Could be back to .320 for me.
    03-24-10 12:02 PM
    Loaded .517 yesterday afternoon. Started as soon as I made the call. Voice is garbled on the other side and I can hear light static when no one is talking.
    I am using the Alpine KCE400BT in the car. I'm on the phone 2 hours a day. Could be back to .320 for me.
    If you're going to go back to something, I'd put .428 or .451 on the phone. Both are way better than .320 and have no issues that I ever discovered.
    03-24-10 01:03 PM
    If you're going to go back to something, I'd put .428 or .451 on the phone. Both are way better than .320 and have no issues that I ever discovered.
    Are .428 or .451 Official releases?
    03-24-10 01:20 PM

Both .428 and .451 were leaked. I suggest .451 because there were some improvements over .428, but both were very stable. They were also much improved over .320, especially because the apps will update on the home screen. It's odd that you're having a problem with .517. You may want to try a battery pull, or try reinstalling the OS before you downgrade.
    03-24-10 01:58 PM
    Both .428 and .451 were leaked. I suggest .451 because there were some improvements over .428, but both were very stable. They were also much improved over .320, especially because the apps will update on the home screen. It's odd that you're having a problem with .517. You may want to try a battery pull, or try reinstalling the OS before you downgrade.
    Thanks for the info...I'll have to do a little searching to find the link to .451
    I just downgraded to .320. Just to put it in perspective, I'm coming from a Storm1 (I convinced Verizon to replace with a 2) and compared to anything on the 1, .320 is rock solid for me. I had good battery life and no leaks. The only thing that annoyed me was the home screen not updating. This bluetooth thing is a killer maybe I'll get energetic and reload .517.
    03-24-10 02:04 PM
    Are .428 or .451 Official releases?
    Neither are official, but both are very solid. I'd install whichever one you find first. I could never tell a difference between the two. And both update the weather apps on the home screen.
    03-24-10 02:11 PM
    The 517 radio is garbage. So far the 451 radio has been the best for me. Have u looked into loading the 451 radio with the 553 java? Great combo!

03-24-10 02:46 PM
    hmm i have made 10-15 calls and no problems with the radio in 517, no BT though
    03-24-10 04:18 PM
    This may be a stupid question, but is this an actual not beta? I clicked wireless update on my phone and it says "no updates available" so that's why I'm asking.

Sorry to sound naive ....
    03-24-10 04:46 PM
    This may be a stupid question, but is this an actual not beta? I clicked wireless update on my phone and it says "no updates available" so that's why I'm asking.

Sorry to sound naive ....
    There is not a non-beta from verizon, however .517 is an official OS, just for a different carrier. If you're waiting for verizon to release an official update, you'll probably be running .320 for a long, long time.
    03-24-10 04:49 PM
    hmm i have made 10-15 calls and no problems with the radio in 517, no BT though
    I had some good calls too, but losing reception every couple minutes on a stretch of road wasn't cuttin it for me. 451 radio has worked consistently on this same stretch of highway...

03-24-10 05:00 PM
    I had some good calls too, but losing reception every couple minutes on a stretch of road wasn't cuttin it for me. 451 radio has worked consistently on this same stretch of highway...

My wife has taken the same route from work for over 8 years and some days her cell won't work near the on ramp, but most days it does. Doesn't matter what phone, be it a BB or an LG. Have you really done enough back and forth testing with the two OS's at the same location to KNOW the dropped calls are related to the OS and not to a variation in signal strength due to other factors like phone placement, nearby transmissions, atmospheric conditions, cell tower loading, phase of the moon, etc?
    03-24-10 05:25 PM
    My wife has taken the same route from work for over 8 years and some days her cell won't work near the on ramp, but most days it does. Doesn't matter what phone, be it a BB or an LG. Have you really done enough back and forth testing with the two OS's at the same location to KNOW the dropped calls are related to the OS and not to a variation in signal strength due to other factors like phone placement, nearby transmissions, atmospheric conditions, cell tower loading, phase of the moon, etc?
    Well Dave, when you put it like that, i guess i havent done the right amount of scientific testing. I have however loaded up the 517 radio twice and had the same result on the same stretch of road both times, whereas the 451 radio has almost (keyword) never given me problems. i doubt I'll be whipping out the ol' barometer any time soon
    03-24-10 05:45 PM
362 ... 1112131415
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD