I have Quicklaunch assigned to my left convience key, no issues.

My signal has been solid (no constant arrows).

This could be the placebo affect, but I think the browser seems faster for sure. I am on T-Mobile 2G during the day and this is much faster than what I've experienced prior to this OS. I thought it seemed faster last night while on the Verizon 3G network as well (as compared to prior OSs) but I'm going to continue to monitor. Right now I would say I think the browser is performing faster (both the stock and Opera Mini).

Took my battery off the charger at 7:26 a.m....so it's been almost 4 hours and I'm at 74%. I'm averging 6.7% per hour discharge and that's with 35 minutes of phone calls, surfing Crackberry...basically just playing with my phone pretty constant. I Love Blackberry says I've picked up my blackberry 8 times for a total of 2 hours and 57 minutes today.

ETA: I have 89 "line items" in my applications screen...but some of those are resource files, etc. So I would guesstimate that I actually have 60 - 65 third party applications.
    Last edited by French; 03-19-10 at 10:22 AM.
    03-19-10 10:19 AM
    The first thing I did after installing .517 was had service books sent and did a *228 update. I figured because the OS came from another manufacturer it wouldn't hurt to update the device with VZW's own network info.
    I thought that with OS 5, each time you restart, the service books are resent automatically - that's why the BlackBerry registration message pops up.
    03-19-10 10:31 AM
    I may have missed this but are there any reports on how Voice Activated Dialing is working? Not a big deal breaker for me. I will be installing on Saturday.
    03-19-10 10:32 AM
    Is the vibrate still the same as when it was released? In other words, really loud? With the hardware update and now this new OS I'm debating upgrading from my S1. The only thing holding me back is the unbelievably loud vibrate. It’s just not cool to notify the whole room when I'm in a meeting.
    03-19-10 10:39 AM
    @ABLTrojans .. I think vibration is a hardware related issue. With this OS too, vibration is IMO at the same level.
    03-19-10 10:43 AM
    I may have missed this but are there any reports on how Voice Activated Dialing is working? Not a big deal breaker for me. I will be installing on Saturday.
    I used it this morning with a bluetooth headset and had no issues...and I haven't "trained" it yet. I have to think it will only get better with training.
    03-19-10 10:50 AM
    I used it this morning with a bluetooth headset and had no issues...and I haven't "trained" it yet. I have to think it will only get better with training.
    Thanks for the update.
    03-19-10 11:03 AM
    Have you noticed if it has been constantly searching

No, so far it has not been constantly searching. It just drains very quickly. I'm going to reintall the OS later when I get home. No one else seems to have battery drain issues so reinstalling will hopefully fix the issue.
    03-19-10 12:16 PM
    Thanks! I deleted the version I had and tried to load 2.5.20. Unfortunately, it said it was not compatible. Any idea of an OTA link or file that will work?
    I found a version that works!!! Thanks!
    03-19-10 12:18 PM
    I'm on a BES server and was wondering if I install this new OS over my current one do I have to do an enterprise activation again or will it retain these settings. I know in the past when i've wiped my device then installed the new OS and have had to do an enterprise activation again.
    If, after you load the OS, you just connect your device to desktop manager and log in to the server, it should begin the activation process automatically.
    03-19-10 12:24 PM
    So far my battery life is horrible. Not sure why. I lost 50% in about 51/2 hours with light use. This is going to be a huge deal breaker for me. Anyone with an idea?
    I have the same issue. I'm going to reload later to see if that helps.
    03-19-10 12:29 PM
    I upgraded the other day and now my background will not stay the same on the theme i am using, it is natems bbbbampdbluev2. It keeps changing to a pic i took recently instead of the one i have it set as.

anyone else experiencing this?
    03-19-10 12:37 PM
    bbm change? While in a bbm conversation I used to be able to hit send and it will ask if I wanted to call the contact now it just goes to the dial pad? When did they change that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 12:41 PM
    So the lock button works faster.....ok. I mean whats the big deal? Why is everyone so excited about that?? Great OS by the way! Finally mobile banking works and playing movies!!
    03-19-10 12:45 PM
    I may have found what was causing my battery problem (big maybe). I uninstalled slacker last night which caused my 4th reset. I charged it last night and took it off the charger this morning at 9:30. I am now back to a regular battery discharge. I am at 96% after about 2 hours with a couple of phone calls. So far things are drastically better. Keeping my fingers crossed because I really like this OS
    03-19-10 12:46 PM
    noticed it made my transition from landscape to portrait slow again. lame, a step back in time!!!!

the zoom on camera is alot better! gets closer!
    Last edited by jtstretch; 03-19-10 at 02:14 PM.
    03-19-10 01:01 PM
    I may have found what was causing my battery problem (big maybe). I uninstalled slacker last night which caused my 4th reset. I charged it last night and took it off the charger this morning at 9:30. I am now back to a regular battery discharge. I am at 96% after about 2 hours with a couple of phone calls. So far things are drastically better. Keeping my fingers crossed because I really like this OS
    So did you have Slacker open in the background? Because it shouldn't be using any battery unless it's open and being used.

I have Slacker installed with this OS and it's working fine for me. Just FYI. I'm listening to it now, as a matter of fact, with bluetooth (HS-500).
    03-19-10 01:30 PM
    No it wasn't open in the background. But maybe it was just the 4th reset that did it. Not sure. Maybe I'll reinstall it a see if it changes.
    03-19-10 02:02 PM
    No it wasn't open in the background. But maybe it was just the 4th reset that did it. Not sure. Maybe I'll reinstall it a see if it changes.
    I would...it's too good of a program (IMO) to give up. Good luck.
    03-19-10 02:13 PM
    Any idea, if VZW Mobile Banking app working with this OS?
    03-19-10 02:37 PM
    Any idea, if VZW Mobile Banking app working with this OS?
    Working well!
    03-19-10 02:38 PM
    Anyone have any issues with the following apps?:

Pandora, Visual Voicemail, Meter Berry.

Thanks!
    03-19-10 03:55 PM
    No problems with Pandora used it the entire time at the gym today no issues

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-19-10 03:57 PM
    Anyone have any issues with the following apps?:

Pandora, Visual Voicemail, Meter Berry.

Thanks!
    I had to re-download Meter Berry, but that was it. Still very much impressed with this OS.
    03-19-10 04:01 PM
    No problems with Meterberry, Slacker, or Visual Voicemail. Garmin and BerryWeather are also working properly.
    03-19-10 07:35 PM
362 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD