My Pattern Lock is still there. I did have to redo all the settings, which was just as well as the top power button can't be used as a lock key anymore.

However, I have a similar problem, my 'TiltOff' application is looking for a Reg number. I just emailed them. i also noted that 'MyWorld' on App World is now empty?

Anyone know how to restore My World on App World?

You probably just need to log back into your account. BB menu button, login.
    03-21-10 10:52 AM
    You probably just need to log back into your account. BB menu button, login.
    That was all I needed to do .....

Thanks

03-21-10 11:39 AM
    So if i wanna wipe my phone completely and just start from fresh, should i use the loader.exe or what??

Just curious what process i should use??

Also, by wiping it clean, will it delete my BBM contacts??
    03-21-10 08:15 PM
    So if i wanna wipe my phone completely and just start from fresh, should i use the loader.exe or what??

Just curious what process i should use??

Also, by wiping it clean, will it delete my BBM contacts??
    no need to wipe because loader will do it automatically
    03-21-10 08:46 PM
    no need to wipe because loader will do it automatically
    okay, thanks....i just saw your tutorial of upgrading an OS and figured it out.

What about the BBM contacts...will they be gone too?
    03-21-10 09:01 PM
    Sorry, don't know if this has already been covered in this thread. After upgrading to this OS, I have not been able to Log In to PayPal through AppWorld to refresh purchased App's. I consistently receive a "AppWorld is unable to establish a connection at this time" error asking me if I am sure I am connected or some such thing.

I didn't experience this at all prior to updating to .517. Is this a recent AppWorld thing or is anybody else experiencing this since updating?
    03-21-10 09:18 PM
    Sorry, don't know if this has already been covered in this thread. After upgrading to this OS, I have not been able to Log In to PayPal through AppWorld to refresh purchased App's. I consistently receive a "AppWorld is unable to establish a connection at this time" error asking me if I am sure I am connected or some such thing.

I didn't experience this at all prior to updating to .517. Is this a recent AppWorld thing or is anybody else experiencing this since updating?

I didn't have any problem logging into my account through AppWorld.
    03-21-10 09:32 PM
    I didn't have any problem logging into my account through AppWorld.
    Nor did I.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 04:54 AM
    What happens when you press the lock/power button on top of the phone?
    This is what event log shows when I press the lock button on the top left of the BB. The device does go into autostandby mode!

Attachment 57821
    Last edited by dilipc; 03-22-10 at 06:13 AM.
    03-22-10 05:29 AM
    My findings

-Still get defualt ringtones when message is received while typing on keypad
    -SMS still has weird glitches. Either trying to open keyboard or a threaded message cannot be opened even though its in the list. Have to compose to that individual in order to get back into it
    -keyboard so far has been much better with less of a lag when using alt key
    -browser has been a little glitchy even though quicker. Often does not post messages in forums and will reload same page. Much like opera glitches.
    -scrolling through this post box to read mesage is flinging me all over the page with keyboard popping up and down. Annoying as &@!@ and copy and paste still sucks

Perhaps some of these have been covered forgive�e for not reading all pages lol

03-22-10 07:36 AM
    okay, thanks....i just saw your tutorial of upgrading an OS and figured it out.

What about the BBM contacts...will they be gone too?
    Just make sure you back up everything before and you will be fine.
    03-22-10 08:46 AM
    Did anyone get these three blue music, photos and videos icons? Its weird because, I also have the media folder with the regular icons in it...

I guess I can just hide the icons..
    03-22-10 09:52 AM
    Ya I have those icons as well.

To add to my findings. Damn backlight STILL dims automatically. Yikes. I don't blame Verizon for not making any of these official. Come on rim. Simple fixes.

03-22-10 09:58 AM
    Did anyone get these three blue music, photos and videos icons? Its weird because, I also have the media folder with the regular icons in it...

I guess I can just hide the icons..
    Some themes willl have those extra icons. Just hide them
    03-22-10 10:03 AM
    Ya I have those icons as well.

To add to my findings. Damn backlight STILL dims automatically. Yikes. I don't blame Verizon for not making any of these official. Come on rim. Simple fixes.

options> screen/keyboard> automatically dim backlight> no
    03-22-10 10:05 AM
    This update was worth it just for the stand-by mode fix!!! It's flawless now, and it has made my Monday GREAT!!!

Thanks RIM!
    03-22-10 10:41 AM
    Ya I have it set to no. Always have. Still dims randomly.

03-22-10 10:47 AM
    options> screen/keyboard> automatically dim backlight> no
    I believe you mean "Off"
    03-22-10 12:50 PM
    idk about you guys but my phone seems extremely faster since the update. wow
    03-23-10 03:37 AM
    I have a good feeling Verizon is less than a couple weeks away from releasing the next OS. The release of the Tour OS may have been a good indication. They normally update OS in a series I'd devices. Tour and Storm 2 are their newer ones.

03-23-10 07:17 AM
    I have a good feeling Verizon is less than a couple weeks away from releasing the next OS. The release of the Tour OS may have been a good indication. They normally update OS in a series I'd devices. Tour and Storm 2 are their newer ones.

But it might also be a lower version. I guess we'll see.
    03-23-10 07:27 AM
    Has anyone noticed a problem with Google Maps after updating to .517? My Google Maps will not allow me to browse around the map.
    03-23-10 08:16 AM
    It's been running smooth since day one and I also noticed that I've drop 5mb since loading last week. No need for quickpull but maybe once a week.
    03-23-10 08:28 AM
    I've noticed that when powering up in the morning the phone takes a lil bit to "wake up". Its really slow to respond for a couple minutes.
    03-23-10 08:41 AM
    It is a little slow. I do see the clock much more often than in previous OSs. Overall, seems good.

03-23-10 09:40 AM
362 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD