Anyone have any issues with the following apps?:

Pandora, Visual Voicemail, Meter Berry.

Thanks!
    Meter berry was fine for me. The only app that I have to delete and reinstall was ultimate lock.
    03-19-10 07:38 PM
    Been reading the past post and not sure if I understand completely has the password lock feature been disabled??? Im running .517 and this is very annoying not having my password option on this build...
    03-19-10 08:00 PM
    Os is quite good. battery life is holding well. was using tanks hybrid. I still find tank hybrid a bit better in battery life and keyboard .

will test it a few more days and probably switch back. but overall much much better than the previous leaks and official os.

btw , i think this well be a great base to build better hybrids.....
    03-19-10 09:08 PM
    Nice OS. Everything seems a bit smoother the only thing that happened to me is my Lock icon is gone.
    03-19-10 09:57 PM
    Been reading the past post and not sure if I understand completely has the password lock feature been disabled??? Im running .517 and this is very annoying not having my password option on this build...
    Use the password lock icon. That works

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 11:21 PM
    Positives:
    1. Screen click and feel is the best out of any OS or hybrid yet.
    2. Gained maybe a MB or two of memory.
    3. When using the aux cable plugged into my car stereo, and I receive a phone call, now I have a Headset icon where the speakerphone was. Very handy.
    4. Same scenario as number 3, but if I have it plugged I to a power source and have it in landscape, the phone calls automatically go to the headset. Other OSs were sketchy and sometimes I had to select headset from the BB menu. This was one of my biggest gripes.
    5. Camera is faster and pictures seem better. Photos inside are always a bit sketchy, but outside photos are beautiful.

Negatives:
    1. Battery life is satisfactory, but not amazing or great. Its nowhere near as good as tanks Act2 hybrid was. To be fair, I've only had it loaded two days and the battery life is improving.
    2. Two days in a row, my memory would hold steady at only a .3 or .4 loss all day, then I would suddenly lose 1.6 to 1.9MB. A battery pull would restore it.
    3. Text selection boxes are still very frustrating, as the screen suddenly jumps when trying to select anything. Especially when try to type in a text box on a website, such as the text boxes on CB forums. The screen has a total mind of its own. This is one of the biggest snafus in Rim's OS in my opinion.
    4. Boot time after a battery pull is longer. I average over four minutes but have seen boot times over seven minutes. Other OSs were in the 2-3 minute area.
    5. There does seem to be a very slight lag from portrait to landscape and vice versa when compared to other OSs as well.
    In order to isolate any strange battery drains and the odd memory leak, I've deleted all third party apps and themes (except MeterBerry and Pandora) to see how the OS performs and let it settle. I'm also going to completely drain and recharge the battery a couple times to see if that will recondition it.

Overall a very nice updated OS. Needs some minor tweeks, but a large step in the right direction.

And for those confused by the new way the lock button works. It now works exactly like my 8330 did. If you press the lock button, the phone goes into standby (DOES NOT LOCK). If you use a convenience key (set to lock device) or use the lock icon, it LOCKS the device, with a password if you have one set.

It took me awhile to adjust to the way the lock button worked on the S2 when i first got it, and it took me a while to adjust back when they changed it, but I really like it.

The top button is not a Lock/power button anymore, it is now a Standby/power button.

Just use QuickLaunch with a Lock shortcut, or set your left convenience key to Lock, and it will lock the phone and activate your password. The top button will only put it in standby. This is handy if you want a password protection, but don't necessarily want to have to re-enter your password every time you turn the screen off. If you are concerned about unauthorized access, just reduce your security time-out to fifteen minutes, or ten, or five, or two, or one if you want.

I actually remember several people complaining about the lack of the ability to put the phone in standby without having to re-enter a password. Now that RIM has re-instated that setup for the S2, people are complaining again. I love the way its set up now, personally. I can put it in standby to put it in my uniform pocket or holster, or I can double-click the left convenience key to password protect it if I need. And with a 30 minute security timeout, I feel secure knowing that if I leave it laying out, it will automatically lock and password protect itself.
    Last edited by Mr. Orange 645; 03-20-10 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Edit #1 - Fixed the fonts to red/blue; Edit #2 - I'm retarded.
    03-20-10 10:17 AM
    I don't actually see much difference at all. Its all subjective but here are my 2 cents.
    I never had the SMS bug before .517, every time I saw it posted I was glad I didn't have it and now I do. I was using .320 then .451 and the one thing I like about .451 which .517 has also is the show key indicator. I have big enough fingers so this helps a lot. As written above text selection is still bad and maybe worse in this build.

I don't see any difference in tactile function of the screen, bottom buttons either. I do not see any difference in my BB Browser either and I have timed it best I can.
    I do also like the screen lock worked correctly (for me anyway, I want it instant and it is)
    Ive had .517 for about 24 hours now so we shall see down the road...
    03-20-10 11:23 AM
    so one, I got a replacement storm 2, manufactured feb 27, 2010. The screen is night and day compared to my launch storm 2. Out of the box I loaded 517 and restored my applications. battery pulled 3 times etc. The os is snappy no issues to say the least. However my battery life is absolutely horrid and I may have a hunch to why. Since they overhauled the lock on the OS I believe berry slider 5.10 is the issue behind my loss. Anyone else with berry slider 5.1 having really bad battery issue?

only other application it could be for me is Simpleweather, however it only updates every 30minutes. So i cant see how that is doing it to me. You never know tho.

The battery life I'm seeing though, full charge to half charge in 4 1/2 hours. In that 4 1/2 hours I sent 100 text messages, browsed the web on opera mini 5, played need for speed shift 3d for only about 15m. By time I left work i was down to 22% battery life. Before the .5xx builds i was achieving 10 hours of battery life, id come home to around 76% battery life left.
    03-20-10 11:37 AM
    My battery life has improved after reloading the OS. So far, the typing experience is better than on the original .320. Everything seems to be more responsive overall. This is a very nice OS.
    03-20-10 12:16 PM
    The battery life for me has been amazing. I was off the charger for 16 hours and still had 50 percent battery life as opposed to 10 with OS 451.

03-20-10 12:39 PM
    My loader.exe is. Not recognizing that I have new software any ideas?

03-20-10 02:43 PM
    However my battery life is absolutely horrid and I may have a hunch to why
    I am also having HORRID battery life with .517. I have done 10 battery pulls, and have charged and discharged about 6 cycles already. It is not my 3rd party apps, because I have ran stock OS for 36 hours. After installing my 3rd party apps, battery life is the same. I can barely get through half a day on this new OS.

Today, after a full charge, I had 3 seperate phone calls for a total of about 130 minutes. I was down to 10% battery after this. It seems like the radio files aren't playing well with my phone. I had this same battery problem with the .451 base and OOAKDPC's .497 V2, and with .451 base and OOAKDPC's .548 Java. But for some reason the .451 base with OOAKDPC's .536 had great battery life. I have noticed that some people have had the same problem with battery life with certain hybrid combinations, while other's didn't. I wonder if different manufacturing dates and plant origin are the culprit of the inconsistent problems across different users.

My previous OS was .451 base with Tank's .497 V2 and OOAKDPC's .536 patch. This combination gave me the best battery life of any hybrid.

I am going to try using the .517 base with OOAKDPC's .548 patch and see if I have any improvement. Will report back.
    03-20-10 05:30 PM
    517 has the same radio as 451 I believe (can someone confirm?) So the 517/548 patch combo may not be any different than what you've already tried.

03-20-10 05:45 PM
    517 has the same radio as 451 I believe (can someone confirm?) So the 517/548 patch combo may not be any different than what you've already tried.

what? no.....
    03-20-10 06:34 PM
    what? no.....
    Really? I thought the .sfi file in the CDMA folder was the radio file... Is this not the case?

03-20-10 06:51 PM
    yes that is correct it is the radio file. they are not the same though....
    03-20-10 07:09 PM
    Mute button sends the phone into standby? This Feature must've skipped my phone! Anyway, I've been using the lock button since outta the box, so anything else would feel weird to me! And, Battery Life has been very good for me! However, memory still leaks!
    03-20-10 07:38 PM
    So for soooooooooo GOOD! touch screen is better. key rate is faster. and the lock screen improved
    03-20-10 07:53 PM
    I'm a bit hesitant to upgrade from .451 as .451 has been perfect for me. no issues at all.
    cosign. I might have to skip out on this one especially since i was lucky enough to have a good phone at the start and with installation of .451...man its a world of difference. .451 has been good to me and from wut ive read .517 isnt really too much of a difference or deal breaker for me.

edit: although that mute button standby is very tempting lol...

edit: nvm scratch that...mute button does not stand-by...451 for me...will wait and see wut VZW comes out with...
    Last edited by emkay47; 03-20-10 at 08:41 PM.
    03-20-10 08:00 PM
    Mute button sends the phone into standby? This Feature must've skipped my phone! Anyway, I've been using the lock button since outta the box, so anything else would feel weird to me! And, Battery Life has been very good for me! However, memory still leaks!
    Sorry I mispoke and will edit that. I meant the lock/power button is now the standby/power button. I was still thinking of my 8330 which only had one button up top. Thanks for catching that.

All references to the "mute button" have been removed from my post. Thanks for that. That would have really confused some.

To clarify for everyone:
    THE MUTE BUTTON DOES NOT SEND THE PHONE INTO STANDBY

I misspoke.
    Last edited by Mr. Orange 645; 03-20-10 at 08:12 PM.
    03-20-10 08:01 PM
    lol appreciate that...
    03-20-10 08:39 PM
    I didn't find any noticeable improvements over .451 . I really liked the .451 but i decided to upgrade to have a official OS and also the newest one. The only negative thing about this .517 is when you want to take a picture or record a video , seems a little slower and the picture less clear then on the .451. I will keep this new OS and hopefully Verizon will come soon with a official OS with the new web-kit browser .
    03-20-10 09:59 PM
    The only way I can send my phone into standby (I think) is by using the magnetic sleeper function with the case, or in the alternative use Addonis.

03-21-10 01:13 AM
    Ok I got all my apps reinstalled on my Storm but how can I get my PatternLock back on it. I actually bought the full version through App World. I don't recall ever getting a code or anything.
    My Pattern Lock is still there. I did have to redo all the settings, which was just as well as the top power button can't be used as a lock key anymore.

However, I have a similar problem, my 'TiltOff' application is looking for a Reg number. I just emailed them. i also noted that 'MyWorld' on App World is now empty?

Anyone know how to restore My World on App World?
    03-21-10 10:27 AM
    The only way I can send my phone into standby (I think) is by using the magnetic sleeper function with the case, or in the alternative use Addonis.

What happens when you press the lock/power button on top of the phone?
    03-21-10 10:39 AM
362 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD