I think being in a 2G or 3G network, there is no big difference in the batt usage..

CMIIW..
    01-17-09 07:57 PM
    Why do none of these posts have the relevant question asked...does this leak work for the 9530? i have the one from AMERICA. for VERIZON.
    01-17-09 10:24 PM
    well...just a wild guess here...b/c the thread is for the 9500...

that said- been running this for two days now and haven't seen a real big difference. Perhaps it is because I'm running it here in the States on Tmobile, but I haven't experienced any crazy battery drain...
    01-18-09 12:03 AM
    Back on .85 ..much better battery life.
    I'm a happy man.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 12:09 AM
    i am fairly certain you should not try and put the 9500 version on the 9530.......otherwise these betas would be coming out as a universal version.....just my opinion at least.
    01-18-09 12:47 AM
    I'm happy to put up with battery drainage in exchange for the much improved allround performance of the Storm. I'm sticking with .87!
    01-18-09 04:44 AM
    Strange. I went back to 85 then 87 again... charged it last night. 20 minutes on the phone and still at 100% ... hmm... ALL the people who are having battery problems. Reload the software.
    01-18-09 04:55 AM
    or wipe the phone, then install .87
    01-18-09 07:48 AM
    I'm on a 9500 here and I can't see much difference between .85 and .87 if I'm honest, both seem fairly stable and usable

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 08:28 AM
    im gonna wait until vodafone announces this on there wireless upgrade here in teh coming weeks
    01-18-09 09:27 AM
    I have a problem. I have 2 numbers that are similar with only 1 number being different. Yet, every time after I do an upgrade without wiping when the person sms me and I reply it will show me the other persons number with a (null) at the end. It still sends to the right person but it's just strange that it shows as the other person's name. However, if I do a wipe and reinstall, the problem disappears. I don't understand why. Anyone?
    01-18-09 10:29 AM
    Hi Guys,

Battery life is somewhat depended on the distance from the cell tower as when the tower Pings the phone (to determine what phones are in that cell zone), it must reply (the blinking led!!). The further your phone is from the tower (weaker tower signal) the more power the phone must put into the reply to the Ping to get back to the tower. So I suggest if your signal strength is low, it may be one potential cause of reduced battery life. Ditto for any over the air phone activity.

Another issue is the processor probably spends most of it's time in sleep or in a very low power mode. This is done to preserve battery charge in almost every embedded micro design. If you want quick accelerometer changes then the processor must wake up a lot more and thus may consume more power.

I write and develop embedded micro firmware / hardware, so these issues are what I deal with all the time and may have some relevance to battery life.

BTW my Storm is very happy on .85. I will go to .87 as soon as I'm somewhere which can support a 110MB wireless download. Not all the world is blessed with high speed wireless broadband or even wired broadband

My Storm typing skills are getting very good and I'm only just a bit slower than using a keyboard when in landscape mode. Have big thumbs so it took some time to get the thumb aiming right.

Overall I'm very happy with the Storm.

BTW when I'm home I live in Adelaide, South Australia.

Best regards to you all and thanks for sharing your Storm experiences,
    Greg
    01-19-09 05:19 AM
212 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD