Coreylrsn...... you really should try one of the other leaks. I bugged my friend to upgrade for months because he was always complaining about the phone and I said if you upgrade you wont regret it its like a whole new phone. He finally did and he's never been happier. Try one of the new 5.0 Os unless your happy with .22. Good luck in whatever you do!!
    10-24-09 03:31 PM
    Coreylrsn...... you really should try one of the other leaks. I bugged my friend to upgrade for months because he was always complaining about the phone and I said if you upgrade you wont regret it its like a whole new phone. He finally did and he's never been happier. Try one of the new 5.0 Os unless your happy with .22. Good luck in whatever you do!!
    there are a bunch of problems with my current os. mem leaks, lag, freezing apps. just never wanted to mess around with anything not official. with everyones messages on here so far im REALLY starting to think about it. there are so many leaked 5.o versions....have to do my research first

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 03:46 PM
    the website is official. it is an intranet website for vzw.
    10-24-09 04:27 PM
    yes i know, i meant telus official. and from what ive been told its not an .exe file so can only be pushed to ver customers

10-24-09 04:29 PM
    Is this going to be available OTA? My computer sucks and I have never been able to upgrade using it. I've waited for the OTA.

10-24-09 04:48 PM
    Oberhaus...oh my lord no it is NOT OTA hahahahahahahahaha

10-24-09 04:55 PM
    come on sunday!!!!
    10-24-09 07:38 PM
    It's only been mentioned about 100 times but what the heck let's go for 101. There is no .exe file with this OS at least not at the time it will be released. We don't know if there will be one later. If you want to shrink something you will have to do it manually...If you can.

Verizon is keeping this OS pretty tight to their belt.
    Well, I appreciate your snarky remark. Too bad I couldn't find it on the forums, considering that there are a ton of posts about 5.0 Operating systems, and I can't be bothered to read through 11+ pages of posts. You wasted more time typing the sarcastic portion of your post then you did just answering me.

I guess I'll have to wait for the .exe since the S1 does not have enough memory to run 5.0. I'd be booting with less than >20 which is pathetic.
    10-24-09 07:42 PM
    Well, I appreciate your snarky remark. Too bad I couldn't find it on the forums, considering that there are a ton of posts about 5.0 Operating systems, and I can't be bothered to read through 11+ pages of posts. You wasted more time typing the sarcastic portion of your post then you did just answering me.

I guess I'll have to wait for the .exe since the S1 does not have enough memory to run 5.0. I'd be booting with less than >20 which is pathetic.
    Are you nuts? My Storm with 5.0 boots with more than 45MB with lots of apps.
    10-24-09 08:07 PM
    In another thread I saw a screen shot that indicated the rollout from Verizon has been pushed back until Monday the 26th. I hope this "official" release addresses the problem many have reported that Bluetooth stereo isn't working properly with video playbacks. I use PodTrapper to view a bunch of Vodcasts every week.

You won't be able to "shrink" this version but I'd assume, based on past experience with 4.7.148 from Verizon installed via DM, you can choose to eliminate several unnecessary items as part of the install. I can also think of a few 3rd party apps I will no longer need because the 5.0 OS includes certain functionality that 4.7 did not.

Remember 4.7.148 was also "official" and leaked memory like a sieve. I found the "leaked" 4.7.167 to be far superior in all respects.
    10-24-09 08:12 PM
    What we can rely on, as far as what day the OS is released, we can be sure that this is the place to be to find out.
    10-24-09 08:21 PM

All you had to do was read the last few pages of the thread you posted in and you would have seen the answer 5 times already. That's why it's getting a little annoying to the people who keep answering it.
    10-24-09 08:34 PM
    I believe that, but what I'm discussing is the fact that you cannot shrink the software without an .exe. Also, define "lots" of apps.
    10-24-09 11:09 PM
    That 5 thousandths jump in builds better fix all the problems. Gonna be alot of people late to church come Sunday!
    that was funny, but it has already been downgraded to .323 I wonder if they fixed the few bugs that are there on the leaked version.
    10-24-09 11:16 PM
    All you had to do was read the last few pages of the thread you posted in and you would have seen the answer 5 times already. That's why it's getting a little annoying to the people who keep answering it.
    So then don't answer it again? It isn't like I'd seek you out in particular and express my internet-rage against you because you didn't give me an answer. I'm not trying to be a ******.
    10-24-09 11:16 PM
    I believe that, but what I'm discussing is the fact that you cannot shrink the software without an .exe.
    That's what Civic explained to us already. Did you read her post about it?
    10-24-09 11:24 PM
    I'm definitely planning the move to 5.0 when 328 drops. Currently running 4.7.167 and 53 3rd party apps. Boot up with 20.4 mb of free memory and it stays that way until Meterberry resets it 24 hours later. (Maybe a little drop here or there but then it recovers.) However, I have noticed the first sign of a memory leak with my current OS ever since I made the move to BBM 5.0 ... I love the new BB Messenger but my Storm will stay stable all day long until I fire up either BBM 5 or Opera Mini 5. After that I lose about 5mb of memory within an hour and then it stabilizes there. Either way, it does not affect the performance of the device in any way.

We went to see Walking with Dinosaurs the live show last Wednesday and my memory was at 14.5mb ... I shot over 2 dozen pictures and took over 30 minutes of video without so much as a hiccup. When I shut the camera down memory went back up to about 17mb. I've found that as long as it stays above 10mb free the phone has no idea it is running low and it doesn't care.

I hope when I upgrade the OS I have at least my 20mb startup memory to play with or I may have to trim some apps.
    10-24-09 11:28 PM
    I'd like to know your secret then. Mine boots up with ~23MB. That's it (but that's been fairly consistent since .151). I also have less than 10 3rd party apps...

10-24-09 11:29 PM
    I'd like to know your secret then. Mine boots up with ~23MB. That's it (but that's been fairly consistent since .151). I also have less than 10 3rd party apps...

It depends on which 3rd party apps you have. I just did my friends phone and he has more apps then me but my apps larger in size.

He boots up with around 34mb and I boot up around 27mb.

Less apps doesn't mean more free memory.
    10-24-09 11:40 PM
    .328 will be released on the vzam.net/blackberry site sometime after 7pm pst tomorrow
    10-24-09 11:43 PM

try doing a security wipe, then a reset to factory, then a wipe to get the reload 507 error..that usually gets rid of everything, and i do that sequence every third OS I install.
    10-24-09 11:54 PM
    all I can say is i love 323 so far, quick pull doesn’t work..... always has a problem and aborts and themes in landscape but still functional. memory ok device fast and responsive. running pattern lock full and never have any issues, very fast, phone ok no issues with most apps, like media a lot better then past os ,a lot faster as well as more pix in viewing area. haven’t been able to get vzw s/w yet still showing 6/1/09 last update as well as .148 current link will try tomorrow at work or more less check....... bottom line, this OS a giant leap forward from .148 lol!
    10-25-09 03:26 AM
    Makes the Storm Worth it Finally, At least I think so!!!!
    10-25-09 03:28 AM
    would be nice if someone leaked it early in .exe form ; )
    10-25-09 03:43 AM
    all I can say is i love 323 so far, quick pull doesn�t work..... always has a problem and aborts and themes in landscape but still functional. memory ok device fast and responsive. running pattern lock full and never have any issues, very fast, phone ok no issues with most apps, like media a lot better then past os ,a lot faster as well as more pix in viewing area. haven�t been able to get vzw s/w yet still showing 6/1/09 last update as well as .148 current link will try tomorrow at work or more less check....... bottom line, this OS a giant leap forward from .148 lol!
    RedTechJunky, I have also upgraded to .323 and there is a work around for the themese in landscape here http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/fi...e-bars-343570/ and as for the quick pull here is a fix for it here http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/qu...-guide-344409/

I agree that .323 has been great OS since I upgraded from .148 because I was hearing too many issues with the other 5.0 leaks that I was waiting for one that didn't have as many problems.
    10-25-09 03:47 AM
414 ... 1314151617
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD