Uhhh, so how does one know if their VIP? My bill is around 140 a month, I've got the premium plan, and my wife is also on my plan......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 12:53 PM
    I have seven phones on my account for family members. Have purchased a new phone at least one/year on average for the past 6 years, and my monthly bill is in the $400 range.

Will that qualify me as VIP? Just wondering how excited I should be to check my mailbox today....
    I believe the key to it is to have a voice plan of 79.99 or higher on your primary line NOT including extras, and not be past due in the last 6 months. I didnt know what this was about either so i called and found out I am already a VIP. You should call you might be but just dont know it. I never received any notification about it.
    11-10-08 12:57 PM
    Uhhh, so how does one know if their VIP? My bill is around 140 a month, I've got the premium plan, and my wife is also on my plan......

From the VIP site -

"Some restrictions may apply. Subject to Customer Agreement and Calling Plan. Program membership requires customer to be current in billing. Only accounts that have been Verizon Wireless customers for 12 months and have been on either a single-line calling plan or a primary line on a Family SharePlan� with a monthly access of $79.99 or higher for the past 6 months are eligible for VIP membership. Corporate-liable business lines and accounts with more than five lines are not eligible. Verizon Wireless reserves the right to modify or cancel the VIP Program at any time. Membership is not transferable. Discounts subject to verification of program membership. If you choose to upgrade your phone at a promotional price, your eligibility for New Every Two� is reset. Program is limited to eligible mobile telephone numbers listed on VIP card. VIP Program is valid for eligible Verizon Wireless customers who received this mailer and are in the following states: ME, VT, NH, MA, CT, RI, NY, NJ, DE, MD, plus Washington D.C., and portions of PA, VA, WV and NC. All VIP Program benefits expire February 28, 2009."
    11-10-08 12:58 PM
    What the ****, how come I'm not VIP. I have 3 lines that is more than $79.99 for just voice. I tried typing in my info on the following link and it's say incorrect info.

https://www.vzwshop.com/nevip/default.aspx
    11-10-08 01:03 PM
    Eh, I dunno where beorger got the 28th from. I'm hearing the 23rd. I think Best Buy's computers say the 16th still but I'm hearing even they got moved to the 23rd too now.
    I am just telling you what tiffani at vzw telesales told me... i dont know if it is true or not, but she said "the 28th is the confirmed date" she also stated that it has been pushed back twice already. I dunno if it is true, just posting what i was told.
    11-10-08 01:04 PM
    so when does the flyer go out in the mail any idea?

11-10-08 01:07 PM
    Oh I see. Yeah I've been hearing a lot of similar ideas about the delay/push back but the date was the 23rd, not the 28th. Hopefully she's not right.
    11-10-08 01:08 PM
    What the ****, how come I'm not VIP. I have 3 lines that is more than $79.99 for just voice. I tried typing in my info on the following link and it's say incorrect info.

//www.vzwshop.com/nevip/
    Me too. I called and was told I am currently a VIP and tried entering my info on that site and did not recognize my info.
    11-10-08 01:11 PM
    Boy I wish this was in one thread instead of two...
    11-10-08 01:11 PM
    Well as someone who set's up a variety of mobile phones on everything from BES servers to exchange servers, my recommendation may change from "wait for the storm and see if it fits your needs" to "grab the iPhone on ATT's network, it'll work fine" if I can't get my phone prior to my trip on the 24th. 400 clients, I wonder how easy it would be for me to setup a mailing list for a "carrier review"...

If you want to see marketing backlash, then go ahead and hold back your millions of paying customers. This will not end well if Verizon is telling me I'm not good enough. ATT welcomes everyone with open arms, so should Verizon.
    Last edited by c4v3man; 11-10-08 at 01:18 PM.
    11-10-08 01:15 PM
    Didnt get any good info on phone itself when i called earlier beside the fact that I was expecting maybe $499 - $699 for the phone, but now i found out not only that i will be eligible for an annual upgrade on nov 21 for the 2 year price and another $50 off because of my VIP membership. So yeah i was stoked. . . a Storm for possible $149.
    11-10-08 01:20 PM
    Oh I see. Yeah I've been hearing a lot of similar ideas about the delay/push back but the date was the 23rd, not the 28th. Hopefully she's not right.

Thanks Brian, but unfortunately this date is pushed back. However, I will be sure to contact you immediately upon its release.

As always, Thank you for your loyalty to Verizon Wireless.

~ Tiffani

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 1:34 PM
    To: W, Tiffani
    Subject: flyer
    Verizon Private BlackBerry Storm Sale | BlackBerryNews.com

this is what she responded to my e mail
    11-10-08 01:21 PM
    This does not impact me, but I think this is the worst piece of marketing I have ever seen.
    How can a company value on customer over another in such an obvious manner?
    I would be outraged! If Vodafone does something like this, making me wait even longer, I will not be happy and start questioning openly if Vodafone is still the right telco for me.

Good luck with the rage guys, try not to lynch any VZW employees
    11-10-08 01:22 PM
    Dangit! Idaho isn't on the list, that's bull....ah well can't get it in that time frame anyways, so forgoet what i said....it's still bull though.

11-10-08 01:23 PM
    I just got off the phone with telesales (1-800-256-4646) and the lady I talked to knew nothing of the flier or a special release for VIP members. I proceeded to ask if this is common practice where a phone will get released to VIP members first. She told me this was absolutely not the case and that the phone would be released to everyone at the same time. She then took my name and number and said she would call when the phone is released...
    I just called them too (I, apparently am a VIP member also) and they knew nothing about it at all...
    11-10-08 01:39 PM
    I am a VIP and I just called them. They knew nothing of this.
    11-10-08 01:50 PM
    how do you become VIP?

edit, never mind, just saw the thread on another page here at crackberry. didn't bother searching sorry for the noob type behavior. as for the guy below me, try doing a search there is a link in one of the other threads.
    Last edited by jdmkw; 11-10-08 at 02:14 PM. Reason: stupidity
    11-10-08 02:07 PM
    how do u get a flyer/ become a VIP??
    11-10-08 02:10 PM
    how do you become VIP?
    Already answered this in post # 28.

Go read it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/off...tml#post944997
    11-10-08 02:14 PM
    I just called in and they enrolled me as a VIP...apparently I had been eligible for a while. Then when I asked about this event, Philip said he had not initially seen anything but then when looking again, told me about the event. He had no more details than what you guys have read on here, but still nice to have some confirmation.
    11-10-08 02:16 PM
    just talked to a manager at a corp store. in her words "i can not disclose any information about the exciting events that will be happening" lol..

she told me make sure bring the flyer and come early so i will, and i will
    11-10-08 02:28 PM
    How many people have received fliers? When did they get mailed out? Anyone know? I got a flier about a week ago that looks almost exactly like that just with an LG Dare on the front, and telling me I could get an $100 off. I wonder if that means my family is in the VIP club.
    11-10-08 02:30 PM
    I just called and they said that I'm VIP even though it doesn't show up on the website. They also said that they know nothing on any flyers sent out for VIP on the storm. Of course they don't have pricing/release date either.
    11-10-08 02:31 PM
    If you can (mods) move this to the storm section please...

But basically there is a deal on blackberrynews.com saying that if you are a VIP customer with Verizon, you can get the Storm between November 17th-21st.

So of course, I call them, and ask what are the conditions of the VIP.

Basically put...you have to:

- Spend 79.99 a month on a bill monthly. (Or higher_
    -Have been on the plan for six+ months.
    - No post due balanace for 60 days.
    - have had verizon as a customer for 9+ months.

I swear Verizon is a gimmick man. Just release the storm already.
    11-10-08 02:32 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD