Just saw the flyer and called vz telesales. The phone will be in stores for VIP customers only from the 17-21 and can be pre-ordered now. Once again, they said VIP only and they did not give a release for the general public. I will post an update when I get back from my local store with pricing. If you need to verify, call telesales. Tell them you are a VIP. They will tell you to take your flyer to your store on the 17th to pick up your phone. DON'T talk to CS. Telesales only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 12:18 PM
    So does that mean VIP's will get the paper in the mail?
    11-10-08 12:19 PM
    This is great news indeed! Now, do we need to bring in the flyer, or will our VIP card suffice? My billing address is in FL, but I'm in DC.
    11-10-08 12:20 PM
    Does anyone have the number for VZW telesales?

This is great news indeed! Now, do we need to bring in the flyer, or will our VIP card suffice? My billing address is in FL, but I'm in DC.
    I have the same issue. I'm VIP, I just won't be getting the flier because it was sent elsewhere.
    11-10-08 12:21 PM
    This is messed up...I'm paying the same amount of money for the phone as everyone else...I pay over 125.00 a month but just because my voice plan is not over 69.99 I'm not a VIP member.
    11-10-08 12:21 PM
    So does this mean that I currently have an extreme hate for verizon? (till the storm is released to general public)
    11-10-08 12:22 PM
    already a thread for this--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/ver...rm-sale-92670/
    11-10-08 12:23 PM
    So does that mean VIP's will get the paper in the mail?
    Yes. They said you have to take the flyer to the store. I don't know why.

11-10-08 12:23 PM
    I saw that after I posted cx. And no offense, mine is better! Jk

11-10-08 12:24 PM
    I saw that after I posted cx. And no offense, mine is better! Jk

Lol, makes no difference to me bro.
    11-10-08 12:30 PM
    So cx, since the phone is released on the 17th does that mean no more NDA? Inquiring minds want to know

11-10-08 12:33 PM
    i just spoke to tele sales and she confirmed a date of 11/28
    11-10-08 12:35 PM
    So cx, since the phone is released on the 17th does that mean no more NDA? Inquiring minds want to know

When you can go to the store and get a Storm, that's when it's lifted. But then certain things about the device(certain technical info) is always.
    11-10-08 12:36 PM
    I just got off the phone with telesales (1-800-256-4646) and the lady I talked to knew nothing of the flier or a special release for VIP members. I proceeded to ask if this is common practice where a phone will get released to VIP members first. She told me this was absolutely not the case and that the phone would be released to everyone at the same time. She then took my name and number and said she would call when the phone is released...
    11-10-08 12:36 PM
    i just spoke to tele sales and she confirmed a date of 11/28
    Huh? Confirmed? If she was confirming anything it'd be a 17-21 date...
    11-10-08 12:37 PM
    I have seven phones on my account for family members. Have purchased a new phone at least one/year on average for the past 6 years, and my monthly bill is in the $400 range.

Will that qualify me as VIP? Just wondering how excited I should be to check my mailbox today....
    11-10-08 12:38 PM
    Told ya end of the month. good news for storm people

11-10-08 12:41 PM
    Huh? Confirmed? If she was confirming anything it'd be a 17-21 date...
    she went into the system and that is what she told me. I e mailed her the link to bbnews and the flyer. it all makes sense if you think about it, 17-21 for vip and black friday (28) for everyone else. She did not know about the flyer.
    11-10-08 12:41 PM
    yes telesales did not know anything about the flier but I did find out however that I am VIP. I was never aware of this, but that works out very well for me if this ends up being true.
    11-10-08 12:44 PM
    So if I'm VIP and I don't have the flier, what does that mean?
    11-10-08 12:46 PM
    All I know is if what the OP said is true, I am going to be livid. I have been a long time customer of VZW and pay a ton of money in "extras" above any beyond the voice plan. If they tell me the phone will be available to VIP members first I am going to pitch enough ***** till I too also get the phone.

Wow, I am extremely frustrated right now...Need to calm down, lol.
    11-10-08 12:48 PM
    I am going to be super f'n pissed if this is true and only VIP gets it first. If it's truely just the voice plan that determines the VIP status then that is SH IT. My bill is well over $80 a month, but not the voice part.
    11-10-08 12:48 PM
    she went into the system and that is what she told me. I e mailed her the link to bbnews and the flyer. it all makes sense if you think about it, 17-21 for vip and black friday (28) for everyone else. She did not know about the flyer.
    Um. Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't make sense at all. Sell it to VIP customers for a week, then take a week off, then start selling it to everyone else... It would make more sense to sell it until the 21st for VIP only, then on the 22nd or 23rd sell to everyone else... I don't see the point in taking a week break of no sales if the phone is ready for market and already in consumer hands..
    11-10-08 12:51 PM
    Eh, I dunno where beorger got the 28th from. I'm hearing the 23rd. I think Best Buy's computers say the 16th still but I'm hearing even they got moved to the 23rd too now.
    11-10-08 12:52 PM
    I just got off the phone with telesales (1-800-256-4646) and the lady I talked to knew nothing of the flier or a special release for VIP members. I proceeded to ask if this is common practice where a phone will get released to VIP members first. She told me this was absolutely not the case and that the phone would be released to everyone at the same time. She then took my name and number and said she would call when the phone is released...
    Ditto, The guy on the line I spoke to said the same thing....
    11-10-08 12:52 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD