When Verizon carriers officially release the new OS, will anyone running the leaked beta's have to downgrade the upgrade to the new official release to get the new OS

I've been running .113 now for about a week and it is great.(the leaked beta)Probably does not have all the fixes that the official OS will dishout.

However I have two Desktop Manager's. One is .75 on one computer, the other is .113 on a different computer. What is going to be the correct procedure?

Thanks for the help.
    03-31-09 07:48 AM
    You could always just wipe your phone and do a fresh install of the official .113.
    03-31-09 07:52 AM
    From what people are saying, the Leaks are the same as an Official, if it comes out. So it wouldnt be nessicary.
    03-31-09 07:56 AM
    When Verizon carriers officially release the new OS, will anyone running the leaked beta's have to downgrade the upgrade to the new official release to get the new OS

I've been running .113 now for about a week and it is great.(the leaked beta)Probably does not have all the fixes that the official OS will dishout.

However I have two Desktop Manager's. One is .75 on one computer, the other is .113 on a different computer. What is going to be the correct procedure?

Thanks for the help.
    Kinda wondering that as well, im inclined to give it a try. Not sure of the best way to go about that, ie. delete 114 off puter and jd wipe phone?

Suggestion weclome
    03-31-09 08:04 AM
    From what people are saying, the Leaks are the same as an Official, if it comes out. So it wouldnt be nessicary.
    That is my understanding. .113 is .113 is .113!
    03-31-09 08:07 AM
    You could always just wipe your phone and do a fresh install of the official .113.
    Civic is saying not to do a wipe. Read her thread on "Storm Beta OS Discussion"
    03-31-09 08:08 AM
    It seems the leak is from the UK version of the OS. The languages are different, and it constantly effing nags me about running in dual mode.
    03-31-09 09:43 AM
    If you look at all the threads on .113 saying downgrade to .75 then up to .113 to fix mms. .113 is the same but will have vzw vendor code.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 10:00 AM
    It seems the leak is from the UK version of the OS. The languages are different, and it constantly effing nags me about running in dual mode.
    Dumb question... What in the world are you talking about?
    03-31-09 10:03 AM
    Don't antagonize those across the pond. Were still trying to break out of this economic slump were in you know.
    03-31-09 10:09 AM
    Aside from the Vendor.xml file, and some other inconsequential files, .113 is .113. If anything substantial changes, it will get bumped to .114 or higher.
    03-31-09 10:37 AM
    If you check the languages, it's English (UK).

Also, every reboot it asks me if I want to run in dual mode because there's a Sim card installed, never did that on .75.

It runs pretty stable, and I'm happy with it (save for one problem I need to post about), but I'm still going to downgrade then put on the official .113, there is a chance it'll be a newer version.
    03-31-09 11:01 AM
    If you check the languages, it's English (UK).

Also, every reboot it asks me if I want to run in dual mode because there's a Sim card installed, never did that on .75.

It runs pretty stable, and I'm happy with it (save for one problem I need to post about), but I'm still going to downgrade then put on the official .113, there is a chance it'll be a newer version.

If the language version on your phone is UK then that is because you had that selected when you installed the OS.

All of the later OS versions have the boot up question about the SIM card, if you don't use a GSM network just pull the SIM card out and store it somewhere, that will get rid of the nag question.

Historically each official Verizon release has been the same as the beta leak, at least that was my experience with the 8830.
    Last edited by Sniperet; 03-31-09 at 12:56 PM.
    03-31-09 12:54 PM
    If the language version on your phone is UK then that is because you had that selected when you installed the OS.
    Negative, there was NO option for English other than the UK version.

All of the later OS versions have the boot up question about the SIM card, if you don't use a GSM network just pull the SIM card out and store it somewhere, that will get rid of the nag question.

Historically each official Verizon release has been the same as the beta leak, at least that was my experience with the 8830.
    It's possible it's just with the later versions, it's a minor annoyance as it only happens when I boot the phone up.
    03-31-09 01:07 PM
    .113 won't be offical. it already failed testing with VZW. they're getting a new version sometime soon. when i know what version it is i'll letcha all know...
    03-31-09 05:24 PM
    .113 won't be offical. it already failed testing with VZW. they're getting a new version sometime soon. when i know what version it is i'll letcha all know...
    if this is true this would be good news to us here on crackberry, but i think .113 >.75
    03-31-09 05:32 PM
    take the SIM card out and this annoying message goes away.
    03-31-09 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD