This isn't another... He said, she said, her friend said thread. Any indirect agent's, corporate employee's, and customer service rep that try and tell you or hint at you about future releases... They are all speculating/flat out lying. My local area agent was kind enough to share that Verizon is very good at keeping secrets and go through many lengths to keep secrets. (Finally, something sensible coming from a Verizon employee.) Apart from that, speaking with the regional RIM sales they also confirmed that only a handful at Verizon know anything when it comes to releases and that handful are the ones that ultimately decide if they as a carrier are to release a specified OS. The only reliable source of information that may leak out would be coming from RIM's side, as there are more than a handful working on and testing these OS's out. Still highly unlikely.

I'm also done with Verizon rep's encouraging users to upgrade their OS to a leaked version. For someone that isn't very tech savvy, it could easily turn into a horror story. Then they may not even receive support from Verizon because they have a leaked OS. I've even seen a few cases of CSR's remarking customer accounts that have leaked versions and informing any other CSR's that it is not covered by warranty. (If your a rep, some of you are mean when it comes to remarks.)

I'm done ranting now...
    03-17-09 12:33 AM
    I trust my eyes... unless I've been drinking heavily

After the horror of trying to get my old LG Dare updated to V05 (tech support in one store adamantly denied its existance until a Call Center Supervisor got on my phone and told her to "look in your friggin inbox!") I'm absolutely ecstatic to be able to do things myself.
    03-17-09 12:49 AM
    I do have to say that this really and truly made me giggle when I read it. As a VZW rep I do have to say...

First, when you run a leaked OS we do not service your phone. Why? Because we're awful and mean? No, because if you're running a leaked OS then clearly you're running something VZW didn't see fit for customers, and we don't know all of the bugs. Yes, it is possible for us to remark it in your account. Duh, why wouldn't we? If your Storm blinks crazy orange, sings "My Heart Will Go On," and you're running beta OS .165463, don't you think it's possible that it's your OS? If you start having problems, go back to the official OS and retry. (I do run a leaked OS, but I'm not complaining about anything, I'm one of the lucky ones that has a Storm that I love to bits.)

Second, what remarks are you possibly talking about? You so don't have access to any remarks, and I assure you mean is not what any of them are. When we sit through customers cussing us out, call us every name under the sun and then hanging up on us... we remark things like, "Customer was upset about (whatever), then disconnected call." I'll be honest, we don't have time to be mean in remarks and you never know maybe they just had a bad day and no one else to yell at. (Not that I enjoy it, but still you never know.) *shrugs*

Sorry... and now my rant is over. Have a wonderful day.
    03-18-09 01:52 AM
    Well! A Verizon rep has confirmed the existence of OS .165463!! Who has a link?

My heaaaaaarrrrt wiiilll go oooooooon! Sing it with me now!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 07:37 AM
    I do have to say that this really and truly made me giggle when I read it. As a VZW rep I do have to say...

First, when you run a leaked OS we do not service your phone. Why? Because we're awful and mean? No, because if you're running a leaked OS then clearly you're running something VZW didn't see fit for customers, and we don't know all of the bugs. Yes, it is possible for us to remark it in your account. Duh, why wouldn't we? If your Storm blinks crazy orange, sings "My Heart Will Go On," and you're running beta OS .165463, don't you think it's possible that it's your OS? If you start having problems, go back to the official OS and retry. (I do run a leaked OS, but I'm not complaining about anything, I'm one of the lucky ones that has a Storm that I love to bits.)

Second, what remarks are you possibly talking about? You so don't have access to any remarks, and I assure you mean is not what any of them are. When we sit through customers cussing us out, call us every name under the sun and then hanging up on us... we remark things like, "Customer was upset about (whatever), then disconnected call." I'll be honest, we don't have time to be mean in remarks and you never know maybe they just had a bad day and no one else to yell at. (Not that I enjoy it, but still you never know.) *shrugs*

Sorry... and now my rant is over. Have a wonderful day.

I totally hear what you're saying but I think what the OP was trying to say is that Reps shouldn't encourage users to upgrade to an unofficial release because then when it does go wrong, Verizon won't service their phone.
    03-18-09 10:01 AM
    Well! A Verizon rep has confirmed the existence of OS .165463!! Who has a link?

My heaaaaaarrrrt wiiilll go oooooooon! Sing it with me now!

Headed to start OS .165463 waiting room. NOW!
    03-18-09 10:05 AM
    Verizon reps are idiots.

03-18-09 10:43 AM
    be nice to the VZW people. Obviously some are more articulate with help than others. You must understand they are reading and responding from a playbook and it can't possibly cover every situation we throw at them
    03-18-09 10:54 AM
    ummm so far I am having some issues with the OS .165463 can someone help me out!!
    03-18-09 11:01 AM
    I totally hear what you're saying but I think what the OP was trying to say is that Reps shouldn't encourage users to upgrade to an unofficial release because then when it does go wrong, Verizon won't service their phone.
    I think so too. I just had a VZW csr refer me to CB and suggested a leaked OS when I was asking about firmware update. DON"T say anything at all about leaks if your not going to support them. With that said I don't blame VZW either for not supporting leaked OS's but I do blame them for steering people in that direction. Now my rant is over.
    03-18-09 11:41 AM
    People should also realize that, if you are on the phone with a VZW rep, and your problem is NOT related to the OS, it's probably a stupid thing to mention that you are running a leak. For instance- you might not want to mention it if you have screen click problems, a button falling off, or dust under the screen. You can be sure that the rep will veto your plea for a replacement if you tell them you are on a .114/.109/.90 hybrid.

03-18-09 02:12 PM
    This isn't another... He said, she said, her friend said thread. Any indirect agent's, corporate employee's, and customer service rep that try and tell you or hint at you about future releases... They are all speculating/flat out lying.

My local area agent was kind enough to share that Verizon is very good at keeping secrets and go through many lengths to keep secrets. (Finally, something sensible coming from a Verizon employee.) Apart from that, speaking with the regional RIM sales they also confirmed that only a handful at Verizon know anything when it comes to releases and that handful are the ones that ultimately decide if they as a carrier are to release a specified OS. The only reliable source of information that may leak out would be coming from RIM's side, as there are more than a handful working on and testing these OS's out. Still highly unlikely.

I'm also done with Verizon rep's encouraging users to upgrade their OS to a leaked version. For someone that isn't very tech savvy, it could easily turn into a horror story. Then they may not even receive support from Verizon because they have a leaked OS. I've even seen a few cases of CSR's remarking customer accounts that have leaked versions and informing any other CSR's that it is not covered by warranty. (If your a rep, some of you are mean when it comes to remarks.)

I'm done ranting now...
    Read the first part, then was confused. This post is exactly what you said it wasn't...
    03-18-09 03:56 PM
    Read the first part, then was confused. This post is exactly what you said it wasn't...
    Haha, you win!
    lol
    03-19-09 03:13 AM
    Verizon reps are idiots.

Not necessarily, but people who post comments like that deffinitely are.
    03-19-09 06:04 AM
    the local rep at my V store( that was a FIOS saleman) proudly showed me his great running storm....As he handed it to me to try and convince me to get one( after all the times I have been down there visiting and tryng the crap demo models), I checked it out and saw he was running 109.... I mentioned this to him and he smiled his "knowing "smile. Then I proceded to take a short vid and locked his phone solid....

he wasn't smiling after that...I was.
    03-19-09 07:58 AM
    Not necessarily, but people who post comments like that deffinitely are.
    Awesome spelling there, chief.

Next time you go for the insult, use spell checker.
    03-19-09 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD