So I just got back from my local VZW store for a screen click problem. First off kudos for the everyone at Verizon. Very friendly and I'm getting a new phone sent to me with no hassle at all.
    So, without me saying anything about a new OS the rep asked if I had the latest software. I played dumb and said I had whatever came with the phone (downgraded from .113 before I went in). He misunderstood my problem at first and explained to me that his manager told him that there was a new software update coming out in the next two days that might fix my problem. I was told that if it didn't fix my problem that I could come back on the 2nd of April for a replacement. He seemed confident about the date when he said it... and it was an exact date. Hopefully we'll be seeing something official on the 1st like everyone has been predicting.
    Anyways I explained that it wasn't a software problem and the screens button gets stuck occasionally and doesn't pop back up. Got a new phone on it's way and I couldn't be happier with the customer service!
    03-30-09 05:34 PM
    I just called VZW today and got a replacement sent out to me for having dust specs under the screen. Wasn't a problem and the whole process took maybe 10 minutes. Real easy, and surprisingly great service. Funny that she made me do a battery pull to diagnose dust under the screen, but whatever.

She said that there is new software coming out for it "in a few days" that will make "everything better." --- but she said she didn't know exactly what day, or what it was suppose to fix. For a few seconds, she was trying to convince me that the new software would even fix my "dirty" screen! I felt bad, but I had to laugh.

The odd thing was, she seemed to know about new "software" coming, but had never heard of the App World. Odd, eh?
    03-30-09 05:45 PM
    I hope it's true, but I won't hold my breath. After reading through many threads, vzw rep credibility really isn't something to take to the bank...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 05:46 PM
    I just connected my 9530 to DM. I told it to check for updates....THERE ARE UPDATES.

It is saying "Blackberry 4.7.0.153 for 9530 (current) 4.7.0.109
    Description: Local installation of Blackberry 4.7.0.153 for 9530.

I've checked, .153 is not the platform that .109 is on, so I have to hope this is an official OS update. My carrier is Telus btw.
    03-30-09 05:54 PM
    I'm about to call and see what I get!
    03-30-09 05:55 PM
    God Damnit....No updates are required for your device...

I guess I was mistaken....153 must be the DM version number. That sucks, but at least I just got 10k people to connect their BB's to check for updates roflmao.
    03-30-09 05:56 PM
    Well my buddy works for Verizon and he said the same thing that a new official os is coming but there just working out the bugs

03-30-09 06:02 PM
    Rep on the phone said she knew nothing about it, clueless! I guess everybody hasn't been told yet.
    03-30-09 06:04 PM
    working out the bugs means it isn't coming on April 2nd. Working out the bugs means a month or two at least.

Coming on April 2nd would mean bugs are gone, just getting the infrastructure ready for the huge amount of data going thru it in the next week.
    03-30-09 06:14 PM
    Well my buddy works for Verizon and he said the same thing that a new official os is coming but there just working out the bugs

I work for vzw this is another spam lie. Another ***** with a bb. Thinks he's god. No one at vzw has heard nothing. If there is an os update probably from rim

03-30-09 06:21 PM
    I love how you say here we go again in the title when you yourself are the one starting the thread and perpetuating the problem

03-30-09 06:31 PM
    BlackBerry OS 4.7.0.113 coming to Verizon's Storm - PDA Blast!

Engadget is reporting that .113 will indeed become official. Everyone had been speculating around the April 1st date over the past few weeks anyway so there might be some truth to it. But date aside, we should expect .113 to come out shortly.
    03-30-09 06:40 PM
    I love how you say here we go again in the title when you yourself are the one starting the thread and perpetuating the problem

I'm sorry. What problem are you speaking of? I don't see a problem in relaying information. I merely explained what I had been told at the store. I didn't even give my opinion on whether or not I thought it to be true. I believe the only one with a problem here is you... wasting everyone's time with posts like yours that do nothing to better this forum.
    03-30-09 06:44 PM
    *sigh*

PotBB

03-30-09 07:05 PM
    Engadget is reporting that .113 will indeed become official. Everyone had been speculating around the April 1st date over the past few weeks anyway so there might be some truth to it. But date aside, we should expect .113 to come out shortly.[/QUOTE]

so why just Endgadget? just playing devil's advocate: wouldn't we be hearing more about this than just from that one source?
    03-30-09 07:11 PM
    Why do we have threads like this? He said, she said...blah blah blah. There are TONS of threads like this. this is probably the 10th one I've seen about "New OS Coming" and it's just stuff like he said, she said BS. Just wait it out. Install a Leaked OS, it's the same just with a different vendor file pretty much.
    03-30-09 07:14 PM
    i just called them today also and they said that the new OS release is only rumors and they havent recieved any offical allerts from verizon stating that there will or when there will be an offical release...just people around the job talking and spreading rumors they have heard...
    03-30-09 07:15 PM
    you would think, but who knows?
    03-30-09 07:16 PM
    Well, first of all, Engadget has proven themselves to be a reputable source of tech news. Also, that report just corroborates everything that has been floating around here about people talking to VZW reps claiming an OS update was in the pipeline. This isn't the first time this has been said, but what Engadget is reporting jives with all the rumors that had been circulating in recent weeks.
    03-30-09 07:18 PM
    I work for vzw this is another spam lie. Another ***** with a bb. Thinks he's god. No one at vzw has heard nothing. If there is an os update probably from rim

lol i agree...i work for vzw also and i have heared nothing but whats on here and its hilarious to see everyone predict the coming of this "almighty" os like nostradamus tried to predict the end of the world.....*points and laughs*
    03-30-09 07:33 PM
    storm o/s update ?

I heard george bush was working on it last
    03-30-09 07:36 PM
    Hey! I consulted my Magic Eight Ball!

Drats! I guess we will just have to wait and see
    03-30-09 07:36 PM
    lol i agree...i work for vzw also and i have heared nothing but whats on here and its hilarious to see everyone predict the coming of this "almighty" os like nostradamus tried to predict the end of the world.....*points and laughs*
    Once again Engadget is reporting that .113 will be made official by VZW. Engadget is a very well respected source for tech news. I am not claiming it as the absolute truth but I also think it is a bit funny to think that just because you work for VZW and haven't heard about this means that it can't be true. I'm not saying it will happen on April 1st like everyone else but simply that it is in the pipeline. But when a site like endadget reports something like that I tend to listen. Not too mention the fact that from an objective standpoint .113 seems to be the best candidate for official status when compared to all the leaks it has followed.
    03-30-09 07:39 PM
    Lol... I started a fight! It's kinda fun to get you guys going. I know there have been tons of threads like this. I just thought it would be fun to get you guys all worked up and it seems to have worked.
    03-30-09 07:40 PM
    Can't imagine they'd make .113 official with a simple MMS forwarding error in the build.
    03-30-09 07:41 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD