I would bring you, but well i'm not going
    So 0mie, why do you think we'll be seeing info before the 10th?
    08-31-08 02:08 PM
    Im actually impressed by how well RIM is keeping leaked images from coming onto the web. Usually there are lots of pics (and even videos) when a company is releasing something big like this. All we got were two "live" pics of the phone and some promo shots. But I have a feeling that this week is going to give us a few more shots of the phone since CTIA is almost here. I mean, for God's sake, we have a picture of the box! That must mean VZW is getting close to a release date!

Btw...9 days now.

There have been many pics, specs, etc leaked. The thing is most of you look in the wrong places. CB & Hofo isn't the place to look. Although, you'd have to be pretty lucky to come across the info honestly, but it is possible. There have been multiple C&D's issued and alot of them have been on the RIM employee blogs. That's where all the real information has been posted, only thing is the password changes all the time so it's kinda hard to keep up.
    08-31-08 03:24 PM
    There have been many pics, specs, etc leaked. The thing is most of you look in the wrong places. CB & Hofo isn't the place to look. Although, you'd have to be pretty lucky to come across the info honestly, but it is possible. There have been multiple C&D's issued and alot of them have been on the RIM employee blogs. That's where all the real information has been posted, only thing is the password changes all the time so it's kinda hard to keep up.
    I just got bitched. lol
    08-31-08 03:49 PM
    I just got bitched. lol
    No, sorry, I wasn't trying to be like that, I promise. I was just informing you all that info has in fact leaked, but it's pretty hard to find it, one because it was all on RIM employee blogs, and two RIM issued C&D's very quickly when the information was discovered. The discovery of the info however, did lead to a few new things on the device to keep everyone guessing. Every now and then someone can get lucky and see the blogs but the passwords change all the time so unless you're an employee it's pretty difficult. I wasn't trying to bash you or anything bro.
    08-31-08 05:14 PM
    Are the blogs internal or can u view them as a casual observer? Whereabouts would one begin to look for one of these blogs? Thanks for all ur info CX. I'm a vzw emp and we are all awaiting the release of this device!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-08 05:58 PM
    No, sorry, I wasn't trying to be like that, I promise. I was just informing you all that info has in fact leaked, but it's pretty hard to find it, one because it was all on RIM employee blogs, and two RIM issued C&D's very quickly when the information was discovered. The discovery of the info however, did lead to a few new things on the device to keep everyone guessing. Every now and then someone can get lucky and see the blogs but the passwords change all the time so unless you're an employee it's pretty difficult. I wasn't trying to bash you or anything bro.
    Hahah hey man, I was just kidding. I wish we all had access to that kind of stuff. I am actually telling people about this phone based on what you have told us lol. I am saying its better than the iPhone and technically the phone doesnt even exist!!
    08-31-08 06:10 PM
    Are the blogs internal or can u view them as a casual observer? Whereabouts would one begin to look for one of these blogs? Thanks for all ur info CX. I'm a vzw emp and we are all awaiting the release of this device!

I'm sorry bro, but I cannot and will not comment on this further than I already have.
    08-31-08 06:13 PM
    i have been following this phone since like May. I think ive checked through all of the leaked info probably like thirty times or more. I can't wait for this phone and i hope it is better than the iphone... there is one thing i want to know and if anyone can tell me that would be great. Is the screen capacitive because from the explanations of the screen it seems pressure sensitive because places say that it seems like pushing a real button and the screen will do something when you press it?
    08-31-08 06:23 PM
    i have been following this phone since like May. I think ive checked through all of the leaked info probably like thirty times or more. I can't wait for this phone and i hope it is better than the iphone... there is one thing i want to know and if anyone can tell me that would be great. Is the screen capacitive because from the explanations of the screen it seems pressure sensitive because places say that it seems like pushing a real button and the screen will do something when you press it?
    I have heard lots of different things about the screen/typing on the Storm. Remember that "fight" between Crackberry's Kevin and the Boy Genius Report? It was about the screen and what their ninjas had to say about it. It supposedly pushed in when you type on it, making it feel like a real keyboard. I cant really explain it (mostly because I havent used it) but its supposed to be really good.
    08-31-08 06:33 PM
    I can't really confirm anything, but all the rumors from all over say that the device has "Haptic" technology, which if true would be the first of it's kind.
    08-31-08 06:41 PM
    I really can't wait until this phone comes out or even when rim announces it... im stuck with verizon cause at&t screwed my mom over and im not interested in any win mob phones so hopefully this phone will be amazing. Verizon never had amazingly great phones in my opinion so if this phone isn't as great or better than the iphone im gonna have to go for the curve which in my opinion is prob their best bb. Also does anyone know around what time the blackberry bold is coming to verizon?
    08-31-08 06:46 PM
    Aww. Its the thought that counts though!

08-31-08 07:38 PM
    I'm sorry bro, but I cannot and will not comment on this further than I already have.
    Sorry bro, didn't mean to put u in a pickle.

08-31-08 08:00 PM
    Now, from what I have seen, VZW has a presentation on September 10th at CTIA while RIM has one on the 11th. I dont think VZW will be making the announcement of the Storm because they arent the only carrier getting the phone. RIM will probably make it, right?
    08-31-08 10:40 PM
    @Crucial
    My wife is actually excited about this phone. Her favorite color is pink and she originally wanted the Verizon pink curve. Now she wants to hold out for the Storm. Do you know if there are any plans to make a pink Storm/Thunder?
    09-01-08 07:55 AM
    I'm guessing RIM will make the announcement, as the smartphone manufacturers usually make product announcements before the carriers. I think the vzw might talk a little about open access. Hasn't been anything internal, that I've seen, as to what he might be speaking on.

09-01-08 08:30 AM
    Omie is a real ladies' man. lol
    09-01-08 09:24 AM
    Do you know if there are any plans to make a pink Storm/Thunder?
    First lets have the phone be officially announced...THEN we'll worry about different colors. But, to be honest, I could see them releasing colors eventaully because this is more of a consumer phone.
    09-01-08 09:38 AM
    I can't really confirm anything, but all the rumors from all over say that the device has "Haptic" technology, which if true would be the first of it's kind.
    Doesn't the Samsung Instinct have Haptic? Will it similar to that?
    09-01-08 09:40 AM
    By the way...8 days!
    09-01-08 09:46 AM
    09-01-08 12:44 PM
    OS Version? Which means I am guessing you have been playing with the phone recently?!
    09-01-08 01:07 PM
    Just a small rundown of what is "known"

OS 4.0.7.99
    3.2MP Camera
    Multi-Touch
    8GB and SIM card Preinstalled
    1GB internal memory dedicated to Multimedia
    Dimensions are 2.41" X 4.40" X .54"
    The screen is 3.25" HVGA+ 480x360
    Rhapsody Music OTA

I know i'm missing some stuff , but that's all you guys need for now
    09-01-08 01:26 PM
    I hang on for ur every post! Its great that RIM is being innovative and going in a area for their customers. I know we all can't wait for the storm or thunder, depending on ur location, to launch!

09-01-08 01:33 PM
    Doesn't the Samsung Instinct have Haptic? Will it similar to that?
    My understanding is the Instinct has the same Haptics that the LG Voyager has. It just vibrates when you press the screen. Whereas 'localized' Haptic feedback is newer and gives you more accurate feedback only where you press the screen. Combine that with the RIM Multi-touch UI, accelerometer and hopefully' tilt' browsing and you got an awesome phone.
    Last edited by matrix2004; 09-01-08 at 01:52 PM.
    09-01-08 01:49 PM
599 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD