Yeah, I highly doubt we'll see anything about the storm today. Numerous sources are still standing by their claim of heavy advertising this month. So I'm hoping news is bound to appear soon.
    Yea, and if that heavy ad campaign does start this month, they should definitely announce the device tomorrow! Why not use the spotlight when its there? Let people know about it like that first, then the commercials will tell the rest of the world. Then again, we know advertising is not RIM's strong point. They have only been in the consumer market for 2 years or so compared to Apple's utter dominance in that field.
    09-09-08 01:49 PM
    Yea, and if that heavy ad campaign does start this month, they should definitely announce the device tomorrow! Why not use the spotlight when its there? Let people know about it like that first, then the commercials will tell the rest of the world. Then again, we know advertising is not RIM's strong point. They have only been in the consumer market for 2 years or so compared to Apple's utter dominance in that field.
    I agree. Like I said, I don't see a bigger opportunity than this. After this week, its up to a boring press release which I don't think will do this thing justice.
    09-09-08 01:59 PM
    Ok, so I was on the CTIA site right now and here is the schedule for the 3 days. Pay attention to day 2:

On Day One we’ve got a stellar lineup including Yahoo’s Marco Boerries, T-Mobile’s Robert Dotson, Sprint’s Dan Hesse, Verizon’s Lowell McAdam, Clearwire’s Craig McCaw, and Trilogy Partnership’s John Stanton.

On Day Two, Jim Balsillie of Research in Motion and Adobe’s Shantanu Narayen will be discussing their respective companies latest and greatest mobile endeavors – it should be great.

Finally, on Day Three, we’ve got particularly exciting plans. Trip Hawkins of Digital Chocolate will be presenting a recent in-depth Harris Interactive Survey of teen wireless users. This first-of-its kind teen marketplace study should prove very interesting, and will illuminate the wireless attitudes, perceptions and expectations of today’s teens.

Sooooo...there are only two keynotes on the 2nd day! One of the is RIM! That leaves them plenty of time to introduce the Storm!
    09-09-08 02:03 PM
    On Day Two, Jim Balsillie of Research in Motion and Adobe�s Shantanu Narayen will be discussing their respective companies latest and greatest mobile endeavors � it should be great.

Lets hope that RIMS latest and greatest mobile endeavors is the Storm!!
    09-09-08 02:07 PM
    Lets hope that RIMS latest and greatest mobile endeavors is the Storm!!
    LOL yea! I really dont think a flip-style Blackberry PEARL is a mobile endeavor haha
    09-09-08 02:10 PM
    I found at Gizmodo. com that the price of the storm is 199, is this true.
    09-09-08 02:23 PM
    Here's the "What you should hear from RIM on day 2" as created in my head.

Canada, we're sorry, but we used you as a Beta tester for AT&T's fully functioning Bold release. And for Verizon, have this great touch screen BB. And for TMO, enjoy the mightiest Curve around, the Javelin. That is all.
    09-09-08 02:23 PM
    Here's the "What you should hear from RIM on day 2" as created in my head.

Canada, we're sorry, but we used you as a Beta tester for AT&T's fully functioning Bold release. And for Verizon, have this great touch screen BB. And for TMO, enjoy the mightiest Curve around, the Javelin. That is all.
    And thats it? Not too optimistic, eh?
    09-09-08 02:28 PM
    As long as they introduce the Storm and the Jav with functioning models, release dates and pricing and give me one of each free, that's all I ask.
    09-09-08 02:31 PM
    As long as they introduce the Storm and the Jav with functioning models, release dates and pricing and give me one of each free, that's all I ask.
    Lol, I agree with everything you said...up until the last part. THAT probably wont happen, but videos, pics, release dates...thatd be sweet.
    09-09-08 02:42 PM
    This was pretty great.

As of right now I'd be happy if they just showed us one damn new picture of the storm at CTIA.
    09-09-08 02:47 PM
    RIM and Adobe on the same day huh? ....would be nice to see them collaborate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 02:48 PM
    Since your asking, why not ask for 1 or 2 of the models who will be showing off the handsets and a six pack as well. i think that would complete the experience.
    09-09-08 02:49 PM
    As of right now I'd be happy if they just showed us one damn new picture of the storm at CTIA.
    I bet RIM actually says, "Ok, we have been hearing rumors about a touchscreen Blackberry for a while. Frankly, they are not true. Why would we make a touchscreen? Those pictures are just the product of a very good photoshopper. Sorry but there is no such thing as the 'Storm' or 'Thunder' or whatever the guys in the forum over at Crackberry.com are calling it."

09-09-08 02:55 PM
    I bet RIM actually says, "Ok, we have been hearing rumors about a touchscreen Blackberry for a while. Frankly, they are not true. Why would we make a touchscreen? Those pictures are just the product of a very good photoshopper. Sorry but there is no such thing as the 'Storm' or 'Thunder' or whatever the guys in the forum over at Crackberry.com are calling it."

Haha... I'm beginning to feel like this is just one big HOAX and the jokes on us.
    09-09-08 02:56 PM
    Haha... I'm beginning to feel like this is just one big HOAX and the jokes on us.
    If that happens, I will quit working at VZW and inquire if they are hiring at cricket. Or maybe track-phone.

09-09-08 03:30 PM
    Haha, well, I just spent the past 3 hours playing with the device on the plane, so I will guarantee you it exists. lol, I know you guys were just playing. Although, technically, the device does NOT exist. Layover in freaking Vegas. You guys chill out, everything will be ok.
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 09-09-08 at 03:36 PM.
    09-09-08 03:31 PM
    Haha, well, I just spent the past 3 hours playing with the device on the plane, so I will guarantee you it exists. lol, I know you guys were just playing. Although, technically, the device does NOT exist. Layover in freaking Vegas. You guys chill out, everything will be ok.
    Haha, I hate you sooo much Crucial jk. The only way eveything will be ok, though, is if RIM announces this phone on Thursday. Give us some media, RIM! Can you at least tell us if it will be mentioned, Crucial?
    09-09-08 03:33 PM
    Well what are your impressions?????
    09-09-08 03:39 PM
    Did you HAVE to remind us???
    09-09-08 03:42 PM
    Well what are your impressions?????
    I have given my impressions of this device before. Check all the threads. Sorry, but I saw the mention of hoax, and this is the first time I've had so much alone time with the device. Before, I've played with it, but only for 10 or 15 minutes here or there. The ones at the office that have them, aren't quick to give them up or out. I wish I would have gotten one of these instead of the Javelin, but I'm not complaining too much. And neither will you guys when it's all said and done.
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 09-09-08 at 03:58 PM.
    09-09-08 03:51 PM
    In other words, we lose crucial already has it, and therefore we are all envy of him . Are you browsing this site via the phone now though? Is it winrar?
    09-09-08 04:05 PM
    Would u say its a better device for work or play?

09-09-08 04:09 PM
    Yes I feel better now Crucial, thank you. Looking forward to scoring a Storm as soon as possible.
    09-09-08 04:10 PM
    I have given my impressions of this device before. Check all the threads. Sorry, but I saw the mention of hoax, and this is the first time I've had so much alone time with the device. Before, I've played with it, but only for 10 or 15 minutes here or there. The ones at the office that have them, aren't quick to give them up or out. I wish I would have gotten one of these instead of the Javelin, but I'm not complaining too much. And neither will you guys when it's all said and done.
    I hate you JK

You are one lucky guy!
    09-09-08 04:10 PM
599 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD