So I just called a VZW store and asked the rep if she knew when the Blackberry Storm was coming out and she replied, "It is called the Thunder and its coming out the 4th Quarter." I didnt want to argue about the name so I just said thank you and hung up. How about that, though?
    Well she could have been going by what was told to her months ago?
    09-06-08 01:05 PM
    Well I posted previously on internal documents I have seen it labeled as the thunder. I have yet to see it labeled as the storm, now this is with random type and go searching hoping for something anything.... but I clearly found "Blackberry Thunder".

That being said, I can't find it again, took me 20 minutes to find it buried so deep in the first place, and then I don't know the date... they may have still only been using the Thunder name. Storm sounds feasible, though at this point everything is still speculation.
    09-06-08 01:12 PM
    One of the Mods over at HOFO hinted that where there's a STORM there's THUNDER and LIGHTNING. Does anyone know if there's a Blackberry Lightning also?
    09-06-08 01:21 PM
    Size means nothing. I'm a brown belt in BJJ under Renzo Gracie and have an amateur record of 5-0. You outweigh me by 50 lbs yet I have no doubt I would put you to sleep within 2 minutes.

Edit: I'm done with this beef business on a blackberry forum.
    Yeaaaaaa...Ive dealt with people like you before. Say you know karate and then I am sitting on your ribs within...oh say 1 minute. You can do what you want with your hands, but size will always win.

I feel like if RIM releases a Thunder, Storm, AND Lightning, it will be overkill. Thats just my opinion. The name should stay the same (like the Curve) and just have different numbers.
    09-06-08 01:55 PM
    Actually, there are a couple things, you are missing.

In due time my friend...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I wonder what game changer this thing is really going to have.
    09-06-08 02:01 PM
    While a lot of this thread has dealt with the storm/thunder/lightning isn't if possible RIM will release info on the javelin and Bold in the US? And perhaps even the kickstart? Maybe RIM's bit will be a major unveiling of upcoming phones? And maybe the reason we have different names for this 95xx is because they are *all* code names. ???

09-06-08 02:52 PM
    So crucial.... if the storm is unveiled at CTIA, which I don't doubt since you said it would be.... well whatever it's gonna be named. Is NDA lifted at that point and you can quit holding your tongue? or are they still keeping tight lip til device is launched?
    09-06-08 02:59 PM
    So crucial.... if the storm is unveiled at CTIA, which I don't doubt since you said it would be.... well whatever it's gonna be named. Is NDA lifted at that point and you can quit holding your tongue? or are they still keeping tight lip til device is launched?
    At that point it wont matter what Crucial has to say (no offense) because the cat will be out of the bag. Everything you want to know about the Storm/Thunder will be revealed at CTIA.
    09-06-08 03:16 PM
    I never said it would be revealed at CTIA. Someone at Howard said that. I only said I would be there. The NDA is not lifted until the device is released in Canada or the US
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 09-06-08 at 04:32 PM.
    09-06-08 03:23 PM
    CX! I could have sworn you posted that you would provide pictures and up to the second coverage of the conference.
    Not one word of that can be tied to anything I posted. lol. I'll do what I can.
    Matrix, I will be there, so I'll give you a play by play thru emails. Maybe a pic or two if I can manage.
    Just saying
    09-06-08 06:51 PM

However, Verizon isn't dumb, I wouldn't be surprised to see this be the first fully unlocked phone, considering it allegedly has LTE chipset in it as well.... It would be a great marketing campaign and would start to really differentiate them. Imagine, unlocked phones, alltel becomes VZW, they actually adopt my favs.... well at that point AT&T would be destroyed.
    That would be their smartest decision in a long time
    09-06-08 07:01 PM
    Thank you 04civic. I knew I wasnt dreaming.

CX is going to blog the coverage for us.
    09-06-08 07:18 PM
    Hey guys, this thread is going to be closed if you two keep going after each other. Why don't you two just agree to disagree and leave it at that.
    09-06-08 07:58 PM
    Also who confirmed a 3.2 mp camera?
    09-06-08 09:00 PM
    Also who confirmed a 3.2 mp camera?
    I believe it was either 0mie or Crucial. Both reliable sources. Also, some other people have confirmed that. Pretty sweet, right?
    09-06-08 09:03 PM
    So, for anyone keeping score, a 3.2mp camera and a higher 360 x 480 resolution makes that 2 up on the iPhone
    09-06-08 09:06 PM
    I believe it was either 0mie or Crucial. Both reliable sources. Also, some other people have confirmed that. Pretty sweet, right?
    i really hope the camera is as good, or better, then the dare. it will just be icing on my storm cake.
    09-06-08 09:07 PM
    Actually it was Kevin Byrne who stated 3.2MP camera. As a matter of fact there was another thread where Crucial and J_MC were involved in discussions where it's unclear if the phone will have a 3.2MP or a 5.0 MP camera. http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...-9500-a-54956/

EDIT: It's why I have asked before if there is a difference in specs between the Thunder and Storm

EDIT:
    Crucial's Comment: http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...tml#post536326
    J_MC's Comment: http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...tml#post577410
    Last edited by BigVDawgy; 09-06-08 at 09:24 PM.
    09-06-08 09:09 PM
    I have to give it up to RIM for playing the Apple game so well. From what I have seen and heard, this is the first time RIM has ever been able to keep something this big so quiet. Looks like there will be a lot of high hopes going into CTIA, at least in the blogosphere that is. Let's hope RIM delivers, because it seems more and more likely now that CTIA is going to be a HUGE event, for investors, consumers and the press alike. Time to get some RIM stock
    09-06-08 09:14 PM
    Woo Hoo! CTIA. Not much longer.
    09-06-08 09:18 PM
    I have to give it up to RIM for playing the Apple game so well. From what I have seen and heard, this is the first time RIM has ever been able to keep something this big so quiet. Looks like there will be a lot of high hopes going into CTIA, at least in the blogosphere that is. Let's hope RIM delivers, because it seems more and more likely now that CTIA is going to be a HUGE event, for investors, consumers and the press alike. Time to get some RIM stock
    Ditto. I haven't been a Blackberry user long (got mine in May) so I don't really know how well RIM is at keeping a tight lid on their devices. Do leaks usually happen with them? Because it really is amazing that basically no information has come out on this phone! We don't even know 100% if its the Thunder or the Storm.

CTIA is going to be a huge event in my opinion. I just hope RIM handles all of this hype well. I hope they do a Steve Jobs-like keynote, just bragging about the features of the Storm and how much better than the iPhone it is!

09-06-08 09:30 PM
    Ditto. I haven't been a Blackberry user long (got mine in May) so I don't really know how well RIM is at keeping a tight lid on their devices. Do leaks usually happen with them? Because it really is amazing that basically no information has come out on this phone! We don't even know 100% if its the Thunder or the Storm.

CTIA is going to be a huge event in my opinion. I just hope RIM handles all of this hype well. I hope they do a Steve Jobs-like keynote, just bragging about the features of the Storm and how much better than the iPhone it is!

I agree. Funny story: I was actually like 100% sure that I am going to use my upgrade and get a blackberry. Luckily, the day before, Engadget posted news of the Thunder. I've been hooked on these forums since scouring for some new information. So yeah, hopefully CTIA will be very satisfying
    09-06-08 10:29 PM
    Actually it was Kevin Byrne who stated 3.2MP camera. As a matter of fact there was another thread where Crucial and J_MC were involved in discussions where it's unclear if the phone will have a 3.2MP or a 5.0 MP camera. http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...-9500-a-54956/

EDIT: It's why I have asked before if there is a difference in specs between the Thunder and Storm

EDIT:
    Crucial's Comment: http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...tml#post536326
    J_MC's Comment: http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/bla...tml#post577410
    I don't recall speculating either way on the camera. In the link you gave, if you look at post #33, you will see I said I disagree, and that the info in post #32 was incorrect. Later, KevinB posted, and you'll see that the info in post #32 was incorrect in atleast one way. I'm just trying to be clear, not trying to be a ***** or anything. Especially considering the possible consequences.

Haha. You got that right. If you only knew the steps that have/are been taken to this point. And trust me, it hasn't been for no reason.
    Last edited by cate; 09-06-08 at 11:47 PM.
    09-06-08 11:12 PM
    can't wait for the pics!
    09-06-08 11:40 PM
    Nah bro, please pay no attention to that childish nonsense. That's not how most a CB are, I promise. Of course you shouldn't have to deal with it at all, but it doesn't happen much. I apologize for them.
    Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme; 09-07-08 at 12:51 AM.
    09-06-08 11:42 PM
599 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD