4 more days....ALMOST THERE!

...dang, one minute early
    09-06-08 01:59 AM
    if i had to guess, id bet that your under 20, and one of your parents work for verizon. all you do is look through their stuff to find your info. too bad your parents dont have any info about the storm so when they do, let us know.
    I can be banned for all I care, I know what I know and don't have to prove anything to anyone.

I don't have to tell you anything, but my mom passed away two years ago last month and my dad left when I was not even one. Get your facts straight before you try and talk out of your @&$.

The phones being sent to the press are already in-transit, more stuff should start surfacing soon and as always they have NDA to NOT disclose any info before the said date on the package, if they do then that will probably be the last thing they ever do at their position.
    09-06-08 02:06 AM
    Will you guys drop this whole move against Omie. Who cares if you believe what he says. You gunna bash everyone who says they know something? Keep the dam thread on topic and stop bashing each other.

This is turning into hofo and this is what keeps me away from there. But Stonewall and jon341427, you dont have to act like douches. You dont like him? You don't have to read his posts. You dont believe what he says? Fine. There's no need to bash anyone. I read how people think that CB forums are more friendly than hofo and then I read this crap.
    Last edited by skyys; 09-06-08 at 05:30 AM.
    09-06-08 03:49 AM
    Everyone stop with the insults.

I've read Omie's posts on other forums and as I recall he almost always has good information.

This is a good thread but the Mods will lock it if you all don't stop.
    09-06-08 08:00 AM
    Enough with the bashing of other people, crackberry is a good place to go for mature adults not to get in e-peen wars, and I'd love it if it stayed that way... let's settle this now.

Omie may or may not know things, same thing for many others, I posted a pic and I have never posted on HOFO or anything before and I'm not getting blasted, and I have WAY less credibility then omie. Secondly, posting a message on a forum 10 times a day takes approximately 10 minutes at most.... I would imagine in a full 24 hour day, assuming 16 hours to use, he isn't spending the whole 16 hours, anyone mature enough here would understand that most businesses only interview at certain times, typically never after 5 pm, and only on certain days. So get off this assumption that he can't be posting on forums while being busy, I did it awhile back, played Online video games, posted in forums, watched inappropriate adult videos while my fiancee was at work, and voila, I ended up getting a job, so get off your high horse, take it or leave it with what he has to say, don't start a flame war.

Who cares if stang is copy and pasting something? Who cares if he owns a pearl? Who cares if he acts like a kid? ***I personally enjoy reading his posts most of the time even though they are normally a repeat of a couple threads up or something, haha stang buddy it's true don't deny it!**** So get off the internal flames on who has the bigger e-peen, and let's keep this a constructive thread topic, otherwise take it to another forum for the love of all things holy.

Everyone here will post wrong info, all of us, at one time or another, intentional or not, lot's of people will post just to make themselves feel better, if you believe that is the case, humor them, if their life is that bad they don't need some unemotional jack @ss coming on here making it worse. Grow up people, this is a place for crackberry addicts, information on technology, this isn't a social gathering, a get together for fun, this is the 9500 forum, so either post info relevant to it, or goto another site.

Now onto blackberry 9500..... I'm sure it's called the storm but I can't help but recall internally it being called the thunder in a search for some info internally, maybe that's before they decided to change the code name. Any higher ups got any info on that? Because I did find some info that said "Blackberry Thunder" and not blackberry storm.... I've seen the box, I am sure it is the Storm, but just curious.
    09-06-08 08:09 AM
    OMG!!! LOL, this is too hilarious! Hey Stang68.....who's the little 15yr old ***** now? Wow, cussing in forums always makes me feel tough! But hey let me guess, that was your girlfriends Pearl right? Or a friend or family members? And you were just asking for them? But of course lol

P.S.: Thanks jon341427, you just made my day

And one more thing, just cuz someone has 4 posts doesn't mean they're a newb. 0mie has 22 posts here and is he a newb? Obviously not. A newb to CB maybe, but not at other forums where we see the same users, like HoFo.
    Actually, that WAS a post for my friend's dad lol. We were on a road trip to West Virginia for ATV'ing (I have the pics to prove...my brother drove into a pond) and he didnt know how to type in his Pearl, hence the posts being posted "from my Crackberry". But oh well. There is no way you will ever believe me. So, too bad iHack, you're day wasnt made. I would never own a Pearl, its for little girls...and people with small hands. The Curve is my first BB until the Storm comes out.

And lets stop the 0mie attacking. Even if he is lying about certain things, try to be the better man, jon341427. For all you know, he is telling the truth and you just sounded like a ****** bag. But I guess you're used to that.

Back on topic so this thread doesnt close until Wednesday...I have the feeling that there WILL be Wifi in the Storm, even though its from VZW. I feel like RIM out their foot down and said, "HEY! If you want to be like the iPhone, dont hold us back! Dont lock down any features! The GPS just might be unlocked for this phone. VZW knows they ****ed up by not picking up the iPhone, so with the Storm they are probably being the silent bystanders. Anyone agree? Disagree?

Btw...3 days and 14 hours!
    Last edited by Stang68; 09-06-08 at 08:54 AM.
    09-06-08 08:51 AM
    AHEM... I have been able to palm a basketball since I was 12.... I'm 23 and engaged, 250 lbs bigger guy....

I own a pearl, don't knock it til ya try it. The keys on the pearl are bigger than on the curve, granted if I had my choice I'd have a curve but it wasn't out and I wanted a blackberry. But honestly I type way better on the pearl than I ever could the curve, the keys are wider and honestly once you get used to suretype I type just as good on that thing as I do a normal keyboard. On the curve I fat finger stuff, so instead of typing I love blackberry I type ioui LkOve Blacdfkberruiyt...

ok exaggeration but you get my drift! Damn stereotypes!
    09-06-08 09:14 AM
    AHEM... I have been able to palm a basketball since I was 12.... I'm 23 and engaged, 250 lbs bigger guy....

I own a pearl, don't knock it til ya try it. The keys on the pearl are bigger than on the curve, granted if I had my choice I'd have a curve but it wasn't out and I wanted a blackberry. But honestly I type way better on the pearl than I ever could the curve, the keys are wider and honestly once you get used to suretype I type just as good on that thing as I do a normal keyboard. On the curve I fat finger stuff, so instead of typing I love blackberry I type ioui LkOve Blacdfkberruiyt...

ok exaggeration but you get my drift! Damn stereotypes!
    Lol, ok ok. But I guess I am going to have to learn Suretype as well, because the Storm uses it when it is in portrait mode. I havent the faintest idea of how it typing on that works!
    09-06-08 09:45 AM
    man its surprisingly easy.... i think what people do is they don't perceive it as a qwerty keyboard, but really you are moving your fingers to the same spots you would if it was a qwerty..... mind over matter thing. Most of the time it predicts the word well, you have to add some stuff to the custom dictionary, but all in all i don't run into many errors, just had to add all my curse words and ******** quotes to it so it would go through, . It starts to learn from your typing as well so it works well, trust me, 1 - 2 weeks absolute tops, you will never doubt suretype or the tiny pearl keyboards again!
    09-06-08 09:53 AM
    this thread just got as bad as the hofo thread.
    Yea...and thanks for bringing that up again! Nice job!

Back on topic so this thread doesnt close until Wednesday...I have the feeling that there WILL be Wifi in the Storm, even though its from VZW. I feel like RIM out their foot down and said, "HEY! If you want to be like the iPhone, dont hold us back! Dont lock down any features! The GPS just might be unlocked for this phone. VZW knows they ****ed up by not picking up the iPhone, so with the Storm they are probably being the silent bystanders. Anyone agree? Disagree?
    09-06-08 10:21 AM
    Verizon doesn't know they ****ed up by not picking up the iPhone. It was a good deal to not.

A: Profit, churn, net result, are all still booming in light of the Iphone

B: AT&T has to not get as much profit because of the Iphone.

C: Vcast music has a catalog of 3 millions songs that rights and liberties were purchased for, it wouldnt make sense to let itunes come in and ruin a market that was making verizon money.

I agree, subscriber wise, they might have gained an advantage, but lets compare the stats, since AT&T has had the Iphone, they haven't widened the gap between them and Verizon.... so really it's not THAT big of a splash.

Secondly.... I don't think VZW locks down Wifi, I agree with others. VZW has multiple phones with wifi, yet no CDMA carrier has a RIM product with Wifi. And last I checked, Sprint/Alltel don't really have their own decisions made by verizon. So unless all 3 companies locked down wifi **Sprint lock down something? pfft** I would imagine it is a RIM decision to not include a wifi chipset.

Now GPS VZW does lock down, I wish it would change, but I doubt it will be different on the storm. VZ Navigator is a popular service, and it's a good profit for Verizon, thing is, if it aint broke... don't fix it. All these cons, all these things that people complain about yeah they are legitimate complaints, i'm not arguing. I want GPS unlocked and all that. But really it isn't impacting verizon negatively, not yet atleast. So until something is done that really starts making verizon lose ground, which isn't happening anytime soon i don't think. Don't expect them to jump ship.

However, Verizon isn't dumb, I wouldn't be surprised to see this be the first fully unlocked phone, considering it allegedly has LTE chipset in it as well.... It would be a great marketing campaign and would start to really differentiate them. Imagine, unlocked phones, alltel becomes VZW, they actually adopt my favs.... well at that point AT&T would be destroyed.
    09-06-08 10:30 AM
    I know everything is speculation about the possibility of the Storm/Thunder being handed out at CTIA to press, but when would that happen? After RIM's presentation?
    09-06-08 11:32 AM
    Most believe it's RIM's.... but no one really knows. But according to most insiders typically it's the Manufacturer announcing the Iconinc devices, not the Provider. And RIM is after verizon on the schedule so chances are it's RIM!
    09-06-08 11:44 AM
    Most believe it's RIM's.... but no one really knows. But according to most insiders typically it's the Manufacturer announcing the Iconinc devices, not the Provider. And RIM is after verizon on the schedule so chances are it's RIM!
    Yeah, most likely RIM will be doing it...but VZW might give a few hints or something. I say this only because I dont want to wait until Thursday!!
    09-06-08 11:53 AM
    good job showing everyone how big of a ***** you are. This is your thread? Come over here and make me leave it tough guy.
    I'm not gonna lie, but I was drunk when I wrote that last night...my bad. I blame college and Jack Daniels.

And just so you know, I'm 6'3", 230 pounds...and played football for ten years. I know, what am I doing on a Blackberry forum!?!
    09-06-08 12:01 PM
    Taking everything into perspective regarding this phone, i don't think any phone has caused as much commotion as the Storm. From the conflicting insider info from BG and Crackberry that led to a war of words briefly to the current stuff.
    09-06-08 12:15 PM
    Taking everything into perspective regarding this phone, i don't think any phone has caused as much commotion as the Storm. From the conflicting insider info from BG and Crackberry that led to a war of words briefly to the current stuff.
    Lol, definitely agree. This thing better be worth it. Aww who am I kidding? Of course it will be! 3.2 mp camera...8gb media card pre-installed...world phone...VZW...amazingly new (localized?) haptic feedback touchscreen...Rhapsody music store OTA...am I missing someting? Oh yea...ITS A BLACKBERRY, TOO!
    09-06-08 12:24 PM
    Actually, there are a couple things, you are missing.

In due time my friend...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-08 12:37 PM
    I was just wondering if this CTIA thing was gonna be on tv anywhere, maybe like g4 or something. Or is it more like a thing where all these tech sites are there and then we just read all their posts to get our info. Just curious if anyone knows.
    09-06-08 12:38 PM
    Actually, there are a couple things, you are missing.

In due time my friend...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hey Crucy, don't forget what you told us. You'll be there and give us pics, videos, exclusive interviews with RIM execs and pics of the hot girls unveiling the Storm.
    09-06-08 12:42 PM
    Hey Crucy, don't forget what you told us. You'll be there and give us pics, videos, exclusive interviews with RIM execs and pics of the hot girls unveiling the Storm.
    He said this? Where is he going to be posting all of this stuff? On Crackberry? I am guessing Kevin will be getting all of the news.
    09-06-08 12:43 PM
    He said this? Where is he going to be posting all of this stuff? On Crackberry? I am guessing Kevin will be getting all of the news.
    Not one word of that can be tied to anything I posted. lol. I'll do what I can.

Edit: which isn't going to be a whole lot. Everyone who knows me, knows I just had back surgery.
    09-06-08 12:59 PM
    So I just called a VZW store and asked the rep if she knew when the Blackberry Storm was coming out and she replied, "It is called the Thunder and its coming out the 4th Quarter." I didnt want to argue about the name so I just said thank you and hung up. How about that, though?
    09-06-08 01:01 PM
    CX! I could have sworn you posted that you would provide pictures and up to the second coverage of the conference.
    09-06-08 01:03 PM
    Not one word of that can be tied to anything I posted. lol. I'll do what I can.

Edit: which isn't going to be a whole lot. Everyone who knows me, knows I just had back surgery.
    Whoa, sorry to hear that. Well, just do the best you can.
    09-06-08 01:04 PM
599 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD