perhaps we can merge this thread and the new one stang created into one storm hype thread???
    09-11-08 12:55 PM
    Hey all, I know I have been hiding lately. I am humbled and embarrassed. Nothing went off according to the plans that I have. Even though I know things like product launches change all the time I am amazed that we (vzw) dropped the ball on this. The original plans were grandiose, the storm would have stolen the show hands down. But we were left empty handed, nothing to show but some guy in a mask bashing the device. I personally take responsibility for building everyone's hopes up for CTIA and apologize for the obviously wrong information. I'm going to leave the marketing side of things to the marketing people from this point on. If theres new specs or new devices I can comment on I will, but I'm staying out of the launch date/arena side of things from now on.

Humbly yours,
    -Kev
    09-11-08 12:58 PM
    See, he IS a d-bag.
    Pot, Kettle, Black.

Where's your humor? It's just a cartoon image, Stang68. I had no idea you'd take it so personal that your feewings would be crushed over it. I swear, it wasn't about you. No, really!

It's kinda saddening that the quoted above is your 3rd attempt at trying to convince everyone to think like you do. Stop reaching for support to bash others in here and just worry about yourself.

Now let's try to stay on topic.
    09-11-08 01:00 PM
    is that "we" as in RIM didnt have the storm ready for vzw? or "we" as the crackberry user base?
    09-11-08 01:00 PM
    Hey all, I know I have been hiding lately. I am humbled and embarrassed. Nothing went off according to the plans that I have. Even though I know things like product launches change all the time I am amazed that we (vzw) dropped the ball on this. The original plans were grandiose, the storm would have stolen the show hands down. But we were left empty handed, nothing to show but some guy in a mask bashing the device. I personally take responsibility for building everyone's hopes up for CTIA and apologize for the obviously wrong information. I'm going to leave the marketing side of things to the marketing people from this point on. If theres new specs or new devices I can comment on I will, but I'm staying out of the launch date/arena side of things from now on.

Humbly yours,
    -Kev
    Its ok. We'll get over it. But, can you tell us what the "grandiose" plans were?
    09-11-08 01:01 PM
    Can anyone in the know comment as to why the plans were not put through this week for the Storm?
    09-11-08 01:03 PM

Humbly yours,
    -Kev
    It's alright! It made August and part of September exciting! You obviously have insider information and all you were trying to do is help us out.. One question tho.. did you receive any information about the device being delayed further than the speculated date.. I'm not asking for a time frame.. just whether you heard anything about it being delayed at all?
    09-11-08 01:06 PM
    Well, since the device doesn't "exist" yet, and there is no real timeframe that anyone is willing to share, maybe I'll just pick up an iPod Touch (those things look pretty slick) and live with my Pearl for a while longer. Then, someday when the device is actually released and readily available, I'll pass off the Touch to the kids - if the Storm is truly as nice as all of the well I can't say anything but it is awesome people say it is.
    09-11-08 01:34 PM
    Pot, Kettle, Black.

Where's your humor? It's just a cartoon image, Stang68. I had no idea you'd take it so personal that your feewings would be crushed over it. I swear, it wasn't about you. No, really!

It's kinda saddening that the quoted above is your 3rd attempt at trying to convince everyone to think like you do. Stop reaching for support to bash others in here and just worry about yourself.

Now let's try to stay on topic.
    Alright, alright. I apologize. I was just a little angry over the keynote. Sorry.
    09-11-08 01:55 PM

Humbly yours,
    -Kev
    I don't mind at all because it's not as if you were intentionally deceiving us. You shared what you knew and I greatly appreciated it and hope you don't let this one incident impede you from sharing details in the future because you are worried that it may not pan out. Just qualify what you say in the future if you so desire.
    09-11-08 02:49 PM
    I don't mind at all because it's not as if you were intentionally deceiving us. You shared what you knew and I greatly appreciated it and hope you don't let this one incident impede you from sharing details in the future because you are worried that it may not pan out. Just qualify what you say in the future if you so desire.
    Ditto. Just because you were wrong this time shouldnt keep you from sharing details in the future. You helped us get through the last couple of weeks
    09-11-08 03:03 PM
    Now, who is going to help us get through the next couple of weeks... lol
    09-11-08 03:20 PM
    @Stang, Good thread. Hugely popular for obvious reasons. I guess we can wait till CTIA is over to close it, but at the same time we can all jump over to the new Denver Conf. thread and start all over again! YAY!
    09-11-08 03:26 PM
    Well, since the device doesn't "exist" yet, and there is no real timeframe that anyone is willing to share, maybe I'll just pick up an iPod Touch (those things look pretty slick) and live with my Pearl for a while longer. Then, someday when the device is actually released and readily available, I'll pass off the Touch to the kids - if the Storm is truly as nice as all of the well I can't say anything but it is awesome people say it is.
    that was my plan till this device was "confirmed" or whatever the **** you call it at this point. the ipod touch/iphone has super monkey ball! i don't know if the bb will be able to pull off such a sweet awesome entertainment app. i love my bb but frankly i'm very disapointed with it's multimedia capabilities and am very much so looking forward to the storm if and when it comes out. world phone plus 8 gig and 1 gig ram, what's not to like?
    09-11-08 03:27 PM
    Epic freaking facepalm on Verizon and Rim, now i may just say screw it and get a Dare or something.
    09-11-08 04:54 PM
    Dare isn't a bad phone, plus it has resell value. Hopefully by the time the device comes out you can craigs list your device and buy the storm full retail for about the same as you would have originally, ;D
    09-11-08 04:56 PM
    Epic freaking facepalm on Verizon and Rim
    I lol's when I read that . So I guess when CTIA is over, this thread should be closed, right? Or we can just stop posting in it?
    09-11-08 05:07 PM
    Dare isn't a bad phone, plus it has resell value. Hopefully by the time the device comes out you can craigs list your device and buy the storm full retail for about the same as you would have originally, ;D
    I think this is the first time I have ever seen "craigs list" used as a verb. Ha ha! Awesome.
    09-11-08 06:51 PM
    Well I walked in... and had a Curve in my hand... but I felt discouraged by the sales rep, who recommended me to wait, citing that the device would surely be out by Christmas. She was bummed out about no clear info being released today either...

Tom Petty had it right... The waiting is the hardest part...
    09-11-08 06:58 PM
    We can tell you're not a blackberry user. Sounds kinda crazy that just because they didn't announce it today, that would make you get another phone. Just because they didn't announce it, doesn't mean it's not on schedule. But hey, go get that Dare, LMAO.
    Nah i have been sitting on my renewal for a long time now,and I hate my current phone, and I want to get rid of it.
    09-11-08 09:53 PM
    Nah i have been sitting on my renewal for a long time now,and I hate my current phone, and I want to get rid of it.
    i am in a similar situation. i want so badly to throw some cash at RIM but this is basically dangling in my face saying "lol go ahead get a curve for 50 bucks but i'm gonna be more than that at retail price, but i wont tell you how much, or anything else"

oh well
    09-11-08 10:39 PM
    Wow...the memories that this thread brings back. We all had our hopes so high...just to have them crushed at CTIA. 41 pages of pure speculation...I love Crackberry.com and I love you guys.
    10-06-08 11:10 PM
    Haha. Well at least we've made it this far. Just a couple more days to go (i hope).

<3
    10-06-08 11:29 PM
    That wasn't even a month ago... Yet it seems so far away
    10-07-08 11:53 AM
599 ... 222324
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD