That's pretty close 100% accurate. Minus RJ.
    Sorry for getting the video wrong CX, they must have gone with something a bit more serious - "What did the five fingers say to the face?" - CollegeHumor video
    09-08-08 12:29 PM
    This was posted by k761110e in HOFO:

Ok, I know to take this with a grain of salt but I just called Verizon and played the dumb card. Told the rep that I went to a verizon store to see about replacing my pearl because it is dying (which it is) and that the store rep told me I may want to wait to get another BB because a new phone may come out in the near future. She said they arent allowed to give out any information but since I was already told that by the rep she would help me out, lol. She said I definately want to wait because there is a fully touch screen BB coming. I asked her how long I would have to make my pearl last and she said early fall. She then went on to say how we were in early fall now so I asked if I could expect like Octoberish. She said anytime between now and early October.

I asked if she knew when they were going to announce the phone and she said she didn't know but it is on the BB website if I wanted to check it out. It obvioulsy isn't on the website so I don't know what she meant by that or if she even knows what she is talking about...
    09-08-08 04:17 PM
    Sorry for getting the video wrong CX, they must have gone with something a bit more serious - "What did the five fingers say to the face?" - CollegeHumor video
    That for me has got to be in my top three favorite episodes of anything let alone Chappelle i have ever seen- it never gets old- COLD Blooded!
    Last edited by allenstu; 09-08-08 at 04:31 PM.
    09-08-08 04:24 PM
    Shush! I think Stang68 finally has some real inside information he wants to share with us.

"early fall" or "Octoberish" eh?

I don't know what she meant by that or if she even knows what she is talking about...
    Thank you very much, suh!

They say if you can't beat them, join 'em.
    09-08-08 04:36 PM
    Shush! I think Stang68 finally has some real inside information he wants to share with us.

"early fall" or "Octoberish" eh?

Thank you very much, suh!

They say if you can't beat them, join 'em.
    You DO know that those were not my words, right? Whats wrong with a little speculation? And you know Im not an insider right? Because its hard to tell your tone on the internet. This forum is for speculating and just general discussion. We do not need your sarcasm here, I think everyone will agree.
    09-08-08 04:47 PM
    You DO know that those were not my words, right?
    Yes. I usually like to read threads and posts all the way through before I respond to them.

Whats wrong with a little speculation?
    A little speculation is fine, (and this is just my opinion) but constantly echoing rubbish has kind of become somewhat of an issue with me today... but you already knew that.

And you know Im not an insider right? Because its hard to tell your tone on the internet.
    I've been reading your posts. Yes. It's quite obvious.

This forum is for speculating and just general discussion. We do not need your sarcasm here, I think everyone will agree.
    Glad we have THAT all cleared up! Sorry for the interruption, Stang68. Mustn't do that again. Please continue.
    09-08-08 05:00 PM
    This was posted by k761110e in HOFO:

Ok, I know to take this with a grain of salt but I just called Verizon and played the dumb card. Told the rep that I went to a verizon store to see about replacing my pearl because it is dying (which it is) and that the store rep told me I may want to wait to get another BB because a new phone may come out in the near future. She said they arent allowed to give out any information but since I was already told that by the rep she would help me out, lol. She said I definately want to wait because there is a fully touch screen BB coming. I asked her how long I would have to make my pearl last and she said early fall. She then went on to say how we were in early fall now so I asked if I could expect like Octoberish. She said anytime between now and early October.

I asked if she knew when they were going to announce the phone and she said she didn't know but it is on the BB website if I wanted to check it out. It obvioulsy isn't on the website so I don't know what she meant by that or if she even knows what she is talking about...
    So says the Retail rep after gathering all the information from CrackBerry.com and other forums.

Its safe to say that retail reps have NO information on this phone - so I think we need to just disregard everything they say until very close to the release. The only time reps seem to get any information is when the device is near launch and sales training begins. This is the only point which I will take any information from them.
    09-08-08 05:03 PM
    Well I guess we know what side of the bed raiderwolf woke up on.
    09-08-08 05:10 PM
    I am a retail rep and have no idea when it is launching. I refer people to sites like this and say its all rumored. No one at our level has a clue what's going on, I can tell u that for sure. But I am so ready for CTIA. U ask a rep was CTIA is, they'll look at u with the blankest stare ever. Same with most asst. managers and managers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-08 05:12 PM
    So I never write on these forums, i just like to read and hear whats going on. But i keep reading that everyone is guessing when this thing is going to be released. Well i was talking to my dad who is one of the top executives for verizon and one of the perks of the job are to play with all these new toys. And he was telling me about this new touchscreen BB. I've heard dates like mid oct, november and on to next year. But my dad informs me that there definitely aiming for mid november. So there you go coming right from the top.
    09-08-08 05:49 PM
    What's ur dad's name?

09-08-08 06:26 PM
    Why this may not be the most reliable information it does match up with what BGR is saying (chills down my spine saying that).

Although the Storm may be close to ready, its entirely possible that VzW wants to hold off other reasons not even to do with the device such as marketing, inventory levels, etc.
    09-08-08 06:32 PM
    As I am awaiting to hear storm info from ctia I am also awaiting javelin info. And now with just a couple days, it is getting exciting! Keep speculating and time will tell who's right!

09-08-08 06:54 PM
    dang raiderwolf is SASSSY

But that k766whatever guy heard it from a VZW CS rep... and we all know what that means... absolutely nothing.
    But even though it's nothing it still points to Early October.

I'll buy it just to make myself feel better.
    09-08-08 07:12 PM
    So I never write on these forums, i just like to read and hear whats going on. But i keep reading that everyone is guessing when this thing is going to be released. Well i was talking to my dad who is one of the top executives for verizon and one of the perks of the job are to play with all these new toys. And he was telling me about this new touchscreen BB. I've heard dates like mid oct, november and on to next year. But my dad informs me that there definitely aiming for mid november. So there you go coming right from the top.
    He didn't let you play with it? Ask him if you can, then take pics or video of it and post it here.
    09-08-08 07:26 PM
    He didn't let you play with it? Ask him if you can, then take pics or video of it and post it here.
    i personally didn't see it he told me over the phone, but because of his position i know he wouldn't do that, unfortunately. But if i can i'l try and get more info out of him.
    09-08-08 07:55 PM
    i personally didn't see it he told me over the phone, but because of his position i know he wouldn't do that, unfortunately. But if i can i'l try and get more info out of him.
    Ask him if it has WI-FI...that's the big question alot of people want to know.
    09-08-08 08:29 PM
    When phones are introduced at CTIA, are the prices for them usually stated too or does that still come at a later time?
    09-08-08 08:36 PM
    i think the real question that will make or break this device....will their be brick-breaker and if so how will be play it lol
    09-08-08 09:12 PM
    Ask him if it has WI-FI...that's the big question alot of people want to know.
    wifi is a go
    09-08-08 09:20 PM
    So, tomorrow is Apples conference. I vaguely remember that the last time Apple held a conference to announce this little device called the iPhone, we got a nice image leak of the Thunder. I wonder if history will repeat itself...?
    09-08-08 09:27 PM
    anybody notice the new BlackBerry Storm/Thunder 95xx icon for this forum? is it an old picture rehatched? or something new....
    09-08-08 10:15 PM
    wifi is a go
    And where are you getting your info from?
    09-08-08 11:03 PM
    Current time: 12:30 AM Eastern, 9/9/2008

ONE MORE DAY!!!
    09-08-08 11:30 PM
    Honestly while I have zero inside info I think RIM has a really good thing going with wifi. We're seeing all the phones updated with it and all the current info on new phones shows they have it (bold and jav). So there's no reason to think the storm wouldn't.

09-08-08 11:47 PM
599 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD