It's unfortunate when people can't "play" nice. Just a reminder...

Foul language
    Please keep posts and links family appropriate. The administrator’s and moderator’s reserve the right to delete posts at their discretion if they are deemed inappropriate or offensive. Users will be giving a warning for the first violation; any subsequent violation could result in a ban from the forum.

Personal Attacks
    Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. CrackBerry.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it!
    09-06-08 11:51 PM
    I don't recall speculating either way on the camera. In the link you gave, if you look at post #33, you will see I said I disagree, and that the info in post #32 was incorrect. Later, KevinB posted, and you'll see that the info in post #32 was incorrect in atleast one way. I'm just trying to be clear, not trying to be a ***** or anything. Especially considering the possible consequences.
    Yeah, you never said one way or another on the camera. I for one wasn't sure which was true, the camera, memory or release date. I know Kevin has said 3.2 MP and he's pretty reliable but I haven't ruled out different builds floating around which is what J_MC eluded to.
    09-06-08 11:57 PM
    We should all just get along for goodness' sake. Most of us are slightly more obsessed with phones than the general public, but such vicious enmity is ridiculous. It's still just a phone, and we are still ONLY online. It is unnecessary and quite sad to be getting angry with someone over the computer. I feel that half the people on both of these websites sit slamming on their keyboards (computer or Blackberry) with anger. No one deserves this phone more than anyone else, and saying so is a little highminded and pompous. I don't believe you meant it in such a manner, matrix, but please don't let excitement for this phone turn into other negative emotions. Sorry for being offtopic.
    09-07-08 12:04 AM
    Nah bro, please pay no attention to that childish nonsense. That's not how most a CB are, I promise. Of course you shouldn't have to deal with it at all, but it doesn't happy much. I apologize for them.
    Wow dude, you are seriously an asset to this forum, and I mean that in all honesty Thanks for all the info you've been able to provide us
    09-07-08 12:06 AM
    Firstly, indeed CX is an asset! A great deal of thanks as I've read through several forums and threads your posts always help keep the sanity and topic info coming. Secondly and perhaps no one knows, is there any chance of RIM laying out 3,4, or 5 phones at the event?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-08 01:39 AM
    Firstly, indeed CX is an asset! A great deal of thanks as I've read through several forums and threads your posts always help keep the sanity and topic info coming. Secondly and perhaps no one knows, is there any chance of RIM laying out 3,4, or 5 phones at the event?

That could be a possibility. RIM does have a ton of new devices coming out most likely before 2009. I hoping to see some more info on the CDMA version Javelin...I think its called Niagara? Am I right here Crucial?
    09-07-08 01:45 AM
    We should all just get along for goodness' sake. Most of us are slightly more obsessed with phones than the general public, but such vicious enmity is ridiculous. It's still just a phone, and we are still ONLY online. It is unnecessary and quite sad to be getting angry with someone over the computer. I feel that half the people on both of these websites sit slamming on their keyboards (computer or Blackberry) with anger. No one deserves this phone more than anyone else, and saying so is a little highminded and pompous. I don't believe you meant it in such a manner, matrix, but please don't let excitement for this phone turn into other negative emotions. Sorry for being offtopic.
    I've moved on but don't apologize to the person i was speaking to. I do apologize to all others and to the integrity of this forum. Now, moving on...............
    09-07-08 11:44 AM
    A question......if the Storm where to be announced at CTIA, would the price be announced also? Or would this still come at a later time like right before launch?
    09-07-08 02:19 PM
    ^^^
    I am still waiting for someone to post more info on the 9220. I wonder who brought that to light first. Hmmm.
    09-07-08 02:55 PM
    This is NOT a prediction!!! You all know I'm pretty decent with the information, this is only grumblings. From a very informed source I might add. But in NO way is a prediction. I have until today heard Oct 8th. I today, heard the same thing from someone else. I'm not saying it's coming on the 8th. Just don't be surprised if it does.
    Hey man, I'd like to believe you, but I dont know. There is a VZW rep on HOFO saying otherwise. Here is what he said:

I am a verizon wireless agent, who has been lurking this thread now for the last two months in anticipation. Here are a few thoughts I have on this.

Since I'm not in the office, I can't double check, but don't the new Verizon rebates expire on 10/13? This would mean the absolute soonest they could launch this phone would be 10/14. (Before you all flame me for being incorrect, I can't remember if they expire 10/12 or 10/13.
    Also, Never in my 3 years of selling Verizon have I ever seen a phone launch on the first day of the new rebate pads. Big red likes to make sure everyone has their rebates in and ready to go before they launch something.
    Now, this could mean a longer delay on the phone than 10/13, OR this could be Big Red's attempt at a flat price without mail in rebate like the Iphone. (obviously NE2 would still come into play)
    Take from that what you will.
    09-07-08 03:35 PM
    I wish people would stop using mail-in-rebate as an indication of a phones release date. We've seen this be wrong so many times in the past and it will be no different now and in the future.

This is been the most closely guarded launch ever for VzW and I don't think they would want to let any word out, especially via a mail-in-rebate. Also, who cares about the expiration dates for the form - I think it would be fairly easy for them to edit this document for the Storm's release date. For all we know the phone could be launching this week and they can still come out with a new rebate.
    09-07-08 04:20 PM
    I wish people would stop using mail-in-rebate as an indication of a phones release date. We've seen this be wrong so many times in the past and it will be no different now and in the future.

This is been the most closely guarded launch ever for VzW and I don't think they would want to let any word out, especially via a mail-in-rebate. Also, who cares about the expiration dates for the form - I think it would be fairly easy for them to edit this document for the Storm's release date. For all we know the phone could be launching this week and they can still come out with a new rebate.
    Hey man, that sounds good to me, I was just relaying a message along. I hope they release it this week, but I highly doubt it because of the supposed ad campaign by RIM for this phone. They need to get the hype train chugging before they can release the Storm.
    09-07-08 04:40 PM
    Nothing against you Stang, but it seems like in so many pre-release threads someone always brings up the MIR and it has almost no bearing on the release. There have been multiple times when phones would be on the form months prior to the launch.

Also, they guy who posted that was an agent of VzW. If there is anyone less reliable than a VzW store rep, its definitely an agent.
    Last edited by DruB; 09-07-08 at 04:53 PM.
    09-07-08 04:51 PM
    Nothing against you Stang, but it seems like in so many pre-release threads someone always brings up the MIR and it has almost no bearing on the release. There have been multiple times when phones would be on the form months prior to the launch.
    Well, I am new to the MIR thing, so you know more than me, dude. If you figure anything out, let us know!
    09-07-08 04:53 PM
    Patience. . . only a few more days now (or so we hope)
    09-07-08 04:57 PM
    Patience. . . only a few more days now (or so we hope)
    I think we'll definitely see stuff about the Storm at CTIA. Numerous sources have said that phones will be handed out to the press. 0mie claims they are in transit right now...how he knows that, I have no idea.
    09-07-08 05:04 PM
    Just because the phones will be there does not mean they will be for public view or an announcement.

Press kits may indeed have been sent out (maybe 0mie got some information from Ms. Cleo's hotline) but the editors/reviewers can also be under a NDA until the phone is released.

I am just as excited as you and everyone else, but I am trying to set myself up to not be so disappointed if it isn't released at CTIA.
    09-07-08 05:10 PM
    Just because the phones will be there does not mean they will be for public view or an announcement.
    Oh how true this is.

but the editors/reviewers can also be under a NDA until the phone is released.
    All employees received a reminder email on Friday regarding this upcoming week.

edit: not to mention, when the device is turned on, a NDA reminder is blasted all over the screen.
    09-07-08 05:44 PM
    Oh how true this is.

edit: not to mention, when the device is turned on, a NDA reminder is blasted all over the screen.
    Any idea when the NDA will be lifted? At CTIA? When its released? And Crucial, the fact that you said "Oh how true this is" scares me because that makes me think that the phone is not going to be shown there.
    09-07-08 05:50 PM
    Any idea when the NDA will be lifted? At CTIA? When its released? And Crucial, the fact that you said "Oh how true this is" scares me because that makes me think that the phone is not going to be shown there.
    The Agreement isn't lifted until release. I'm not trying to scare you, just trying to make the point that it's not guaranteed to happen. I wish I could tell you.
    09-07-08 05:53 PM
    The Agreement isn't lifted until release. I'm not trying to scare you, just trying to make the point that it's not guaranteed to happen. I wish I could tell you.
    Hmm...now, does that mean you don't know if they'll show the Storm? Or you just can't tell me? I hope you're not setting me up for a disappointment because then this thread would have been made for nothing lol

09-07-08 05:57 PM
    Oh how true this is.

Must you remind us that you have the device and the pleasure of powering it on and using it!! Even if its not announced this week the only thing I really hope for is an idea (hopefully a picture) of the home/main menu screen and/or the unlock screen!
    09-07-08 06:03 PM
    Must you remind us that you have the device and the pleasure of powering it on and using it!! Even if its not announced this week the only thing I really hope for is an idea (hopefully a picture) of the home/main menu screen and/or the unlock screen!
    Even if there is no announcement this week the marketing campaign should be starting soon.
    09-07-08 06:15 PM
    Hmm...now, does that mean you don't know if they'll show the Storm? Or you just can't tell me? I hope you're not setting me up for a disappointment because then this thread would have been made for nothing lol

I didn't say make the thread. Look Kevin said it will be there. And units will be handed out. That doesn't mean it will be publicized though. And it's that I can't not that I won't or don't know.

You'd think, but then again, you'd thought that would have already been out by now. As you see, this is serious. As are the consequences, lol.
    09-07-08 06:17 PM
    Even if there is no announcement this week the marketing campaign should be starting soon.
    All a marketing campaign means is that the phone and its name will be announced. They can go so many ways with introducing some hype. Although this is a RIM device I remember VzW's "Next" campaign last year where they "introduced" new devices, but only had a shadow picture of them until their release - hopefully something like this doesn't happen here, but its always a possibility.
    09-07-08 06:17 PM
599 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD