Why does everybody continue to blame Verizon. It will come from RIM, not Verizon.
    02-20-09 02:52 PM
    did anyone notice the change on the thread about betas , now known is .121

Latest known OS 4.5/4.6 Beta Builds

9500/9530 Storm: v4.7.0.121
    Well, that certainly explains my post from earlier referencing radioguinea's signature.

Actually platform 150 is v .106
    02-20-09 02:52 PM
    I bet they won't be laughing when the Palm Pre hits the shelves before the next official Storm OS and VZW's new customer stream dries up.
    On Sprint's network? Uh-huh. Riiiiiiiiiiight. It doesn't really matter how great a phone is if it's crippled by a crap network. Of course this has really nothing to do with the topic at hand, much as I might love to go into how people seem to be so convinced of some device's greatness before it's even been released. Seems to recall much the same about the Storm, and then it launches, quelle surprise, it's not perfect so people pin all their hopes on the next miracle device which will almost invariably disappoint in one way or another.
    02-20-09 03:20 PM
    i wish radio would let us be a guinea lol and test the OS
    02-20-09 03:20 PM
    Well, that certainly explains my post from earlier referencing radioguinea's signature.

^^^^^^^^^^^
    Am I the only one that finds this post interesting? Yes, I'm talking about radio's signature.
    Ah, a possible reference to a certain mediterranean heritige? Non lo so, c'e possibile

EDIT: Oops, totally missed the point here. sorry everyone. my bad.
    Last edited by fcortese; 02-20-09 at 03:44 PM. Reason: stupidity
    02-20-09 03:24 PM
    On Sprint's network? Uh-huh. Riiiiiiiiiiight. It doesn't really matter how great a phone is if it's crippled by a crap network. Of course this has really nothing to do with the topic at hand, much as I might love to go into how people seem to be so convinced of some device's greatness before it's even been released. Seems to recall much the same about the Storm, and then it launches, quelle surprise, it's not perfect so people pin all their hopes on the next miracle device which will almost invariably disappoint in one way or another.
    BGR today reports a pretty bad economic picture for Sprint and that the Pre may not save them. So will Palm go looking elsewhere???
    02-20-09 03:26 PM
    Why does everybody continue to blame Verizon. It will come from RIM, not Verizon.
    Because rational analysis has no place on these forums. Only rumor, speculation (the wilder the better), and free floating hostility are permitted.
    02-20-09 03:29 PM
    i wish radio would let us be a guinea lol and test the OS
    I challange radioguinea to a game of Jenga. If I win, he has to give me .121.
    02-20-09 03:29 PM
    that's 1/2 wrong..

RIM makes the OS.. Verizon has to qualify it for it to be pushed as official.

That's why people are blaming Verizon.
    02-20-09 03:43 PM
    BGR today reports a pretty bad economic picture for Sprint and that the Pre may not save them. So will Palm go looking elsewhere???
    Depends on the language of the agreement the two companies signed. Not sure it would pass regulatory muster, but it would be interesting if VZW were to take over Sprint's network and phone lineup, which included the Pre.

I'm still not convinced that the Pre is going to be everything people think it is. We'll of course see once it's actually in people's hands, but being saddled to a distant third network like Sprint is probably going to doom it to relative obscurity. That might be fine for Palm, who just needs a device that will do better than their past several models have, to show investors and lenders that they aren't necessarily dead yet, and there's a decent chance they will get their money back on the investment. Sprint might well be screwed, and once they go into bankruptcy, I would assume their exclusivity contract with Palm is torn up, or Palm can tear it up if they want. At which point, VZW being about the only other CDMA carrier in the US, would be the logical choice for them to take the Pre to. Otherwise they have to re-engineer it for GSM, which may be fairly minor, but it will take time and the cell phone world is generally measured in months. It would probably take Palm the better part of a year to retool the Pre for GSM, and crank out a supply of them, and anything over about 6 months is like a death sentence in the cell phone world.
    02-20-09 03:43 PM
    Do we dare ask what happens if you lose?

But how about if you win, they have to leak .12x?
    02-20-09 03:45 PM
    What a birthday gift an official release would make, and mask the fact that I turned 30 today

This whole "I heard a rumor" stuff cracks me up. I heard a rumor that there is a rumor about a rumor that an offical OS is going to be released.

And LMAO to the "I heard it is going to be released on February 30th" post.

I think us Storm owners have to be patient, we all know the Storm isn't perfect, but we are still dedicated and willing to stick it out in hopes that one day, maybe just one day, the software matches up to the hardware.
    I agree, but I also think you can only be patient for so long. I know that VZW/RIM want to make sure that their next OS release is a good one, but DAMN it's taking them a loooooong time. And as another poster said earlier, it kind of feels like the 9500 is better supported than the 9530. I hope it's soon, because I've been VERY patient. I have never even loaded any of the leaked versions. They need to speed it up a bit.
    02-20-09 03:48 PM
    Yeah, I meant to say "...have LEARNED to be patient..." Good thing all of these new themes are coming out, I know that a new theme makes me fall in love with my Storm all over again. But you're right, we can only be patient for so long.
    02-20-09 04:07 PM
    I won't believe But I hope so...
    02-20-09 04:16 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^
    Am I the only one that finds this post interesting? Yes, I'm talking about radio's signature.
    . Newer cooked os today actually.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 04:16 PM
    Originally Posted by hookbill

that's 1/2 wrong..

RIM makes the OS.. Verizon has to qualify it for it to be pushed as official.

That's why people are blaming Verizon.
    hmmz... i blame verizon for giving women that time o the month too...
    02-20-09 04:19 PM
    Well i think they both need to work together
    02-20-09 04:23 PM
    I was just passing along what I saw in about screen on .133. It is a build internal to RIM so its not a big stretch. I was just happy to hear that RIM is working very hard to get the Storm to prime time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 04:33 PM
    I don't understand why people get so upset that VZW won't give an official (or even estimated) release date. How could they? Since RIM actually develops the OS, VZW has no idea when RIM might possibly deliver a stable OS that meets VZW's requirements. Maybe it happens with .110, maybe it happens w/ .120, or maybe it happens with .250. How could VZW possibly know until they've seen it and thoroughly tested it? And if they have no idea which build will ultimately be sufficient, how could they possibly give a release date in advance?

When VZW finally sees an OS build that meets its approval, they will release it. There won't be much in the way of notice, because once they have it they can make it available in a reasonably short amount of time. Any rumors about a release by some target date is pure speculation, period.
    02-20-09 04:36 PM
    Well i think they both need to work together

^ The most concise post in this entire thread.

/thread
    02-20-09 05:04 PM
245 ... 8910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD