I don't understand why an official update has taken so long. Yes, we can get something leaked, but why should we have to? I know they want to make a great OS before it is released, but with so many issues to address, why not give us a few stop-gap patches to hold us over? I would much prefer a few minor updates in the meantime until they can come out with the big one.

Overall I am very pleased with my storm, with the exception of the issues that will be addressed in coming updates and the lack of sufficient app memory, but I feel like we should have better support than we have been getting from RIM as far as these updates are concerned.
    02-19-09 09:24 PM
    OK, so since that's settled, bring on the 106 leak.
    Case settled. Move on!
    02-19-09 09:27 PM
    I don't understand why an official update has taken so long. Yes, we can get something leaked, but why should we have to? I know they want to make a great OS before it is released, but with so many issues to address, why not give us a few stop-gap patches to hold us over? I would much prefer a few minor updates in the meantime until they can come out with the big one.

Overall I am very pleased with my storm, with the exception of the issues that will be addressed in coming updates and the lack of sufficient app memory, but I feel like we should have better support than we have been getting from RIM as far as these updates are concerned.
    Agreed - wondering same myself. patchs or even official beta releases without having to have them leaked would be great.
    02-19-09 09:28 PM
    Read my post above buddy. Although you to, just might be in the winning corner lol
    lol not might im sure i will be in the winning corner... i mean seriously reading this thread there still has no solid proof... if theres such a thing at 12am we will know for sure
    02-19-09 09:28 PM
    Well lets start praying to the RIM gods.

That, by the way, was not a brown nose attempt. I do not mean to imply that the people at RIM are gods, simply that if there is a god or gods that watch over RIM and us users, let him, her or them get to some miracle-ing.
    02-19-09 09:43 PM
    Storm users will get a great OS and it'll be a great touchscreen - one of the best if not the best. It just won't be tomorrow. Have fun w your storm until it happens. Remember its a device designed to enhance your life - your life isn't intended to enhance your device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 09:54 PM
    Why can't I seem to find the .103 anywhere. Each link sends me to a page that says they have taken it down. HELP!!!!!
    02-19-09 09:57 PM
    Storm users will get a great OS and it'll be a great touchscreen - one of the best if not the best. It just won't be tomorrow. Have fun w your storm until it happens. Remember its a device designed to enhance your life - your life isn't intended to enhance your device.

Do you have some info that we don't? Are you trying to hint something? My life does revolve around my blackberry because without it I would be lost....
    02-19-09 10:00 PM

Crafty response, which is entirely true. However, I would like the device to enhance my life using its full potential. The product that RIM has put out thus far is not as good as it can be, until they drop that new OS.

What bothers me is that I don't mind waiting, I just wish they would do us the courtesy of a ballpark release date so we did not have to scour the net looking for info. At least if we have to wait 3 months for a good OS, give us a date to look forward to! If films, video games, and CDs can have release dates, so should OSs. I know that they run the risk of having the push the date back, but it will also give them something to shoot for.
    02-19-09 10:01 PM
    I second that...
    02-19-09 10:02 PM

Wait, what? .. Oh.. Quit joking around.. we all know why we are here!
    02-19-09 10:46 PM
    they say all that until they get the storm!!!
    02-19-09 10:51 PM

Hmm. Good post though. We all "speculate" certain things so thats ok I guess.
    02-19-09 11:17 PM
    I love how the rumor is reinforced throughout the days...then quickly shut down when the time comes. Im tired of waiting for a decent build. Damn BBM keeps freezing on me. Getting so damn annoying.
    02-19-09 11:43 PM
    .150 aka bullsh!t like I said was never true... Just enjoy the leaks until Verizon or RIM announces a release

02-19-09 11:54 PM
    Well I guess this is how I see it and I thought this made sense to me but I might be wrong. I have V4.7.0.103 on my phone (Platform 4.0.0.131) SO the way I see it is that the new V4.7.0.150 is not a correct version number. The real version number would be V4.7.0.105 (Platform 4.0.0.150) which is not such a jump as people are claiming and wondering.
    A point many people have been trying to make and yet no one seems to listen...
    02-19-09 11:57 PM
    Its like waiting for the second coming....the predictions come, and its always a disappointment
    02-19-09 11:59 PM
    I'll be shocked if an official release shows up today since no one with any history of providing valid information has chimed in on this. Not trying to discount what anyone else is saying, I'm just skeptical since typically these types of posts are just people looking for attention.
    02-20-09 12:38 AM
    it feels like its been a while since the last update... must mean we are getting close to a final.
    02-20-09 12:38 AM
    The last 2 posts above this are correct. The .150 is probably the platform. The latest version out there (which is only for the testers/rim workers/etc) is not anywhere even CLOSE to this.

I can't find the official thread that shows the list of all current latest versions out there for all the phones, including the Storm, I forget where I saw it, but last I saw it, it was like .106 I think..

MODS PLEASE DELETE OR AT LEAST ALTER THE SUBJECT OF THIS TOPIC SO IT IS NOT MISLEADING!
    02-20-09 12:40 AM
    You know i have been reading all the posts on the Storm Os and just kind if blew it off, but now...........you all ticked me off and im fed up with the bs!
    If you dont work at RIM or Verizon then you all need to quit the BS
    02-20-09 12:43 AM
    It's now 15 minutes into Friday Verizon time...where is this update? Waiting! LOL!
    02-20-09 02:15 AM
    It's now 15 minutes into Friday Verizon time...where is this update? Waiting! LOL!
    go to bed.... there is no update
    02-20-09 02:27 AM
    go to bed.... there is no update
    QFT.

There was a similar rumor about an "official release" on Jan 16th. Please let me reiterate for everyone:

No matter what you hear or read to hear from any "VZW rep" or "customer service" or "guy who knows a guy at RIM"...

NOBODY WILL KNOW WHEN THE TRUE UPDATE IS UNTIL IT COMES OUT AND IS PLASTERED ON THESE BOARDS.

Please stop trying to persuade the masses otherwise and causing really sh*tty un-needed controversy.
    02-20-09 02:37 AM
    It's Friday and still no update. Big surprise..........
    02-20-09 02:44 AM
245 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD