02-16-09 11:28 AM
127 ... 456
tools
    How funny is this topic. Lol when the storm my cousin said the exact same thing as you guys "the storm is for business anf the iphone is for fun. However the storm has shown its fun side with sops and games. As a 14 year old boy having a storm I see about 5 iphones each day and most of the time people are playing with whether it be ferrariGT lite bike or any other game that is what I see the iphone being used for. I also see about 13 blackberries each day and they play games like the iphone and Text and what not. Now me being a blackberry storm user I play games, txt, call, mms, listen to music and do other things. I hearf someone else say it but I am going to repeat it: the iphone is a toy with some phone capabilities and the blackberry is a phone with toy capabilities. I see the iphone a little to limited you have to jailbreak your iphone to get more than what is in your app store. The storm on th other hand allows you to download apps from other sites. I see the lack of sure type to be an issue on the iphone. @ first SureType felt odd, never really tried it. One day I had gotten an important text during class (this was b4 the release of .90). and I was surprised to see me type so fast I could typo so fast on my iphone. I also see carrier coverage as an issue. Att and vzw are almost the same in my area verizon leading by a little. Both are equal in responsiveness which includes the accelerometer (sp). I do like the storm overall but I like to see a theme by rim with some color in it. Alright by the way this was written from my blackberry guys

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 10:43 AM
    I don't know about anyone else, but I am sick of the storm being compared to the iphone. Just because they are both touch screen devices doesn't mean they have all that much in common.

Personally, I like my storm more than the iphone, and it isn't like I am all that biased, this is the first blackberry i have ever owned, and I do own an ipod (which i like and have used every day for the last 4 years of my life.)

I don't like the iphone simply because it feels cheap to me, I feel like I could crush it in my hands. I also don't like the phone because of a majority of the people that use it (Fanboys) if you will. People walking around talking about how apple is the best thing on the planet.

I know that has very little to do with the product itself, and almost everything to do with arrogant sudo-tech geeks, but I didn't want to be lumped in with those people. That is great that "PC world" is saying the storm is no iphone killer, in fact it makes me happy, because that means I don't have to worry about a bunch of fanboys, and girls jumping on the bandwagon and buying a storm because they want to be cool and think "Gadgets" are neat. I want a device that does what i need it to do. I don't need a phone giving me ideas of where to eat, or boobies that jiggle when I shake the screen.

After doing what I do for a living you get really fed up with people saying things like "it is just supposed to work, it is an apple!" Like apple products are actually any better than anything else out there, whether you're talking about the iphone, or an imac the only real difference is the user, and it is my experience that a lot of apple users can't see passed their own cloud of ignorance to maintain any of their hardware properly.
    02-16-09 11:28 AM
127 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD