Why is this an issue? I didn't buy a Storm because I hoped it would be an iPhone killer. I bought a Storm because it's on Verizon and because I wanted a smartphone and didn't like the trackball of the regular Blackberries.

I don't understand why the media makes such a big deal about two competing technologies by constantly tracking their sales. It's fine that the iPhone sells 2 million or 5 million or 10 million units. If I wanted to switch off Verizon I would have bought one myself...

I think RIM and verizon severely underestimated the media, and by doing that, the storm is suffering. Think the media has no power?....Look at the PS3........
    01-27-09 05:39 PM
    THE COMPANY I WORK FOR VERIZON WIRELESS!JUST SIGNED a 5 Year agreement with the President EXECUTIVE BRANCH!
    01-27-09 06:08 PM
    i have read so many posts saying the Storm is not an iphone. To that I say thank GOD.
    01-27-09 06:10 PM
    LOL...I love this. This is such good theatre. I would like to throw my $.02 inthe mix. I have never owned a BB until the Storm, and have never owned an IPhone, but do own the ITouch, so I have a basic concept of how the IPhone operates. I have come to the conclusion that the ones who hate the Storm and visa-versa will never agree with each other. So the debate becomes moot...each side will easily point out the other phone's shortcomings but will not acknowledge their strengths. Like many who have said, there are advantages and disadvantages to both products. For those who have and hate the Storm, get rid of it and try something else. End of story. It makes no sense to ***** and complain about a product, and do nothing about it. Get rid of it, and be happy with your decision. The same applies to IPhone users...if you hate the phone, move on to something else, even if it means changing service providers. This is my first Blackberry and frankly speaking, I love the phone. It does everything I want. I'm not interested in hearing people tell me I don't know what I'm talking about because the Storm lacks a specific function. Who gives a ****;The phone works for me, as I would suspect it works for countless others. Even though I find the debate compelling between which phone is better, it comes down to that good ole fashion; which phone suits your needs the best. And no amount of insults, ********, badgering, whining, crying is going to change the opinion of the the person on the other side of the fence. Now, lets all join hands and have a big group hug!! And guys, no groping the ladies.
    01-27-09 06:20 PM
    I have an iTouch. I love it. It's a great gadget, a wonderful toy. Adding a mediocre phone to it makes it an iPhone 3G. It's still a great gadget and a wonderful toy, but my Blackberry let's me communicate with clients more efficiently.

But, that's me. I can't speak for anyone else.
    01-27-09 06:32 PM
    EDIT: I find it funny .....they are upset that it only sold .5 mil since november lol... not even three months ago.
    VZW says storm sold 1,000,000 thus far
    01-27-09 06:47 PM
    yeah , that was quoted from the article
    01-27-09 06:52 PM

Would that be the same verizon that shows that "fake" OS running on the TV commercials?
    01-27-09 06:59 PM
    Lack of bluetooth & video capabilities blocked me to get an iPhone. Although it brought revolution to the mobile industry.
    But you have to understand it came to the market with full potential. It won't improve any further. On the contrary, Storm is NOT even using 50% of its potential. Fixing Software issues and quality applications can bring Storm back in the game at any time.
    Finally, BlackBerry users are professional. They use it to do something. How many iPhone users you found without listening music or tapping on screen unnecessarily?
    01-27-09 08:32 PM
    Everyone is upset at a troll with a sweet geo storm as his avatar. *chuckle*
    01-27-09 08:43 PM
    I also have both phones... actually I switched to the storm because my service with at&t was horrible. There are pros and cons with each phone over the other. I did love my iphone it is incredibly fast and user friendly, but for an apple product it does have its limitations. My storm is much slower but it has more features that i like. At least i can take movies with the camera of my kids...not an option on the iphone. But why isnt there wifi on the storm? I loved my wifi connection...
    01-27-09 08:56 PM
    I always tell the iphone storm haters to go change thier battery or record a video, that alway shuts them up
    01-27-09 09:00 PM
    We have 8 people in my work group with Iphone 3G's. The funny thing it started with one person getting it and domino effected started. I just got the Blackberry storm Saturday, and everyone is now just seeing my new phone and are like, why didn't you get an Iphone. Here is to being diffrent.....
    01-27-09 09:02 PM
    I am sure everyone knows by now that Blackberry sold over 1 million Storms in two months. Say what you will naysayers, the launch did very well and sales are good.
    01-27-09 09:58 PM
    Sales are still going strong here in Canada. It's been sold out throughout all Telus and Bell stores with every weekly shipment they got. The reason why RIM hasn't out sell the iphone in 2 months is there isn't enough Storm produced to hit their sales target to beat the Iphones sales release. If RIM produce enough Storm as the Iphone, I'm sure it would far surpass that sales quota.
    Last edited by thymaster; 01-27-09 at 10:25 PM.
    01-27-09 10:08 PM
    mobile.computerworld.com/device/article.php?CALL_URL=http://www.computerworld.com/spring/pages/article.htm?articleId=9126850

1m storms sold... Don't believe everything you read....
    Storm isn't an iphone they are 2 different purposes altogether..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by bastokhume; 01-27-09 at 10:36 PM.
    01-27-09 10:32 PM
    I'm more shocked that engadget had something nice to say about the storm..
    "keep our fingers crossed that the updates don't stop flowing and this powerhouse becomes the titan it has the potential to become."

Verizon touts 1 million BlackBerry Storms sold to date - Engadget Mobile
    01-27-09 10:42 PM
    are you serious ? i came from an Voyager , and i wil never go back to anything other then a blackberry, and i will not leave my storm for anything less.

I have now figured out , that 3/4 of the people are just to damn dumb to operate the storm .... so for you sir, yes i suggest you stick with a " dumb phone" it fits yeah nicely.
    You are right on the money
    01-27-09 10:50 PM
    LOL, just read through the 8 pages, have to admin, Im coming more this place for entertainment and nothing more...LOL
    01-27-09 11:41 PM
    It honestly annoys me how EVERY new phone that comes out is compared to the iPhone. I do not consider the iPhone a "killer" device. It's a piece of crap, in my opinion. The only thing behind it was Steve Jobs standing on a stage saying "give me money." Then a year later he finally added a whole new concept of Apps! ZOMG! We can pretend to drink beer from our phones!

And it's those stupid apps that sell the device, believe it or not. Without the stupid apps, the iPhone would be dead now.

We have 8 people in my work group with Iphone 3G's. The funny thing it started with one person getting it and domino effected started. I just got the Blackberry storm Saturday, and everyone is now just seeing my new phone and are like, why didn't you get an Iphone. Here is to being diffrent.....
    that is the same reason I didn't get a Razr when those were popular.

Here is to being different!
    Last edited by electrofreak2k7; 01-28-09 at 12:13 AM.
    01-28-09 12:05 AM
    what apps does the storm have????
    01-28-09 12:13 AM
    people love to complain about 2 things, their spouses and the storm but yet they wont leave them
    lol so true !
    01-28-09 12:41 AM
    people love to complain about 2 things, their spouses and the storm but yet they wont leave them
    lol well said
    01-28-09 12:46 AM
    Cisco VPN

RDP

SSH

Sync Calenders with OWA without expensive BES server

Wifi

Render a Cisco WebVPN page correctly

Webex

Open two web pages at once

I am sure there are dozens more, but that is what I would use daily.
    How do you use webex with your phone?
    I use this daily in my office and i was trying to find a way to sync it to my blackberry.
    02-16-09 09:27 AM
    The reason th iphone sold and still sells so many units is people who carried ipods could now get one with a built in phone. Almost everyone I know who has an iphone used it to replace their ipod and seperate cell phone. They were snagged into the itunes trap and couldn't play all the songs they had purchased on any other devices.
    02-16-09 09:49 AM
127 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD