Imagine the light saber app on the Storm, the accelerometer is so unresponsive, the sound effects would be 2-3 seconds delayed...
    Uh...yeah. Do you REALLY own a Storm or did you just put it in your profile to be cool?

IF you do own one you should know that the accelerometer works just as well as the i(wannabelikeeverybodyeles)Phone.

In fact! the screen reorientates faster when moved from portrait to landscape with .75 and up than your precious mp3 player with a phone radio.

And another thing; I can open several browser pages at the same time dim wit!
    It is called O P E R A say it with me now O P E R A

And whatever the rest of that crap you spewed in a lame attempt to make yourself look smart; none of that means anything to 95% of the endusers who buy these devices.
    01-27-09 11:49 AM
    Why is this an issue? I didn't buy a Storm because I hoped it would be an iPhone killer. I bought a Storm because it's on Verizon and because I wanted a smartphone and didn't like the trackball of the regular Blackberries.

I don't understand why the media makes such a big deal about two competing technologies by constantly tracking their sales. It's fine that the iPhone sells 2 million or 5 million or 10 million units. If I wanted to switch off Verizon I would have bought one myself...
    Exactly. I wanted to try a Blackberry, so I went with the Storm. While I like the media capabilities, I wanted it for the e-mail and internet browsing. I loaded some albums and a couple of movies on the Storm, but I don't listen or watch them all the time. They're in there as a matter of convenience to use when I need to kill time.

I decided to stay with Verizon Wireless too. AT&T does not even come close to the coverage that Verizon provides in our area. Plus, the AT&T 3G network isn't good here.
    01-27-09 11:53 AM
    .90 still very unresponsive, buggy, and lacking features.
    Sell it, return it, throw it away and leave!

Go to a orange, grape or apple forum and be argumentative, oppositional and instigative. But don't go away mad, just go away.
    01-27-09 11:53 AM
    But the iphone does have that cool light saber app
    that's it!!!! im dumping my Storm for the iPhone for sure now...yea right
    01-27-09 11:54 AM
    Uh...yeah. Do you REALLY own a Storm or did you just put it in your profile to be cool?

IF you do own one you should know that the accelerometer works just as well as the i(wannabelikeeverybodyeles)Phone.

In fact! the screen reorientates faster when moved from portrait to landscape with .75 and up than your precious mp3 player with a phone radio.

And another thing; I can open several browser pages at the same time dim wit!

And whatever the rest of that crap you spewed in a lame attempt to make yourself look smart; none of that means anything to 95% of the endusers who buy these devices.
    Of course I have a Storm, and I have tried to use O P E R A and it is even worse than the BB browser.
    Some people actually use a smartphone for work, and the Storm is a joke. WinMo, iPhone, Android are all a lot better, and the Pre will probably be better too, try to not be a fanboy, RIM is going nowhere fast.
    01-27-09 11:55 AM
    I will play devil�s advocate here as I really like both the Storm and the iPhone as well as Verizon's network and AT&T's

It's amazing there are so many fan boys of these products.

The iPhone is far from a dumb phone it is very much a smart phone whether people want to accept that or not.

Someone made an argument about not being able to do a battery pull on the iphone or change the battery to a larger capacity one. The larger capacity argument I accept but. I can honestly say I have never been to the point on the iPhone where I felt i needed to pull the battery to reset it.

Can't we just accept the fact that there are two very good and capable devices out there and not bicker over which one is better?
    01-27-09 11:56 AM
    Sell it, return it, throw it away and leave!

Go to a orange, grape or apple forum and be argumentative, oppositional and instigative. But don't go away mad, just go away.
    My work uses Verizon, I can not get Android or and iPhone, looking into a WinMo device however.
    01-27-09 11:56 AM
    I am not here to prove that Storm is better than iPhone or the other way around.

From my personal experience, my Verizon contract expired when Storm came out last year. Could I have moved on to ATT for an iPhone? Yes, I sure could have!
    But did I go sign up with ATT? The answer is a big "NO". Why? Because of the availability of Storm.

I don't even know I like the term "iPhone killer". And I don't even care what some people like to refer Storm as. What matters is that the availability of Storm totally prevented me from getting an iPhone. I am thankful for that.
    No other phone could... It was a good timing, RIM!
    01-27-09 11:57 AM
    like everything else the storm will progress over time. if you have a storm be happy with it. if you have an iphone "don't know why you would be on this site" be happy with it.
    01-27-09 12:00 PM
    many users remained unsatisfied with the device's basic functionality, such as the lack of a conventional QWERTY keyboard when the phone is used in portrait mode-a feature that's available on the iPhone and other touch-screen smart phones.
    And the iPhone's landscape keyboard is...where?
    01-27-09 12:01 PM
    And the iPhone's landscape keyboard is...where?

It is there when typing addresses into the web browser.
    01-27-09 12:04 PM
    Well I was considering switching for an iPhone at some point, BUT I wanted to move away from the hold of Apple. I didn't want to be stuck using iTunes given I'm mostly a Linux user (there's gtkpod, but apple devs love throwing new "updates" that lock up things again).

the iPhone is a media player with SOME phone capabilities. If I couldn't text,copy and paste and do MMS by default then I would be kinda mad too at every other phone that could.

The iPhone has wifi "coolness" would apply (I guess) if we have nationwide broadband... until that moment in US history, it means nothing. If you have verizon, you're good! and NOW you can get the femtocell to make signal in your house better (a great hustle if you know how to do it )
    01-27-09 12:07 PM
    Of course I have a Storm, and I have tried to use O P E R A and it is even worse than the BB browser.
    Some people actually use a smartphone for work, and the Storm is a joke. WinMo, iPhone, Android are all a lot better, and the Pre will probably be better too, try to not be a fanboy, RIM is going nowhere fast.
    ROTFL! ! ! ! HA HA HAHHA HA HA HA HE HE HAAH HAA!

Did you just say the i(canteditcopyorpast)Phone is BETTER for business than a Blackberry!?!?!

Wow, I think you are alone on that one. Seriously. LOL
    The only thing the ipodPhone was good for was multimedia, But now the Storm is just as good with a much better display and A2DP.

Now your just talking out of your iAss.
    01-27-09 12:07 PM
    When I'm asked in the store about the differences between the 2 phones, I have a very simple answer.

The iPhone is a gaming system you carry in your pocket and make phone calls on. The Storm is a computer system you carry in your pocket and mke phone calls on.

It's an oversimplification, certainly, but valid nonetheless. The iPhone is a killer device, and the touchscreen is awesome, but it's lacking in so many key features that it's ridiculous.
    The Storm is a much better device for instant email, which is generally more important to a business person than being able to pretend to drink beer from their phone.

The one thing that the iPhone has, and will continue to have, over the Storm is that it is considered "the" cool device. Apple does a much better job of marketing than they do building phones for true business purposes. This label gives them the edge when it comes to perception for businesses that want to be considered "cutting edge".

Sadly, our society has become one where style takes precedence over substance.
    01-27-09 12:11 PM
    ROTFL! ! ! ! HA HA HAHHA HA HA HA HE HE HAAH HAA!

Did you just say the i(canteditcopyorpast)Phone is BETTER for business than a Blackberry!?!?!

Wow, I think you are alone on that one. Seriously. LOL
    The only thing the ipodPhone was good for was multimedia, But now the Storm is just as good with a much better display and A2DP.

Is there a VPN client for any blackberry? Have you worked much with the BES server?
    01-27-09 12:11 PM
    My work uses Verizon, I can not get Android or and iPhone, looking into a WinMo device however.
    Ok, I understand that. I JUST switched to BB from using WM for the last 4 years. I had 3 different devices, they were OK, but cannot compare to the PUSH factor of the BB. Not only in email, but for apps, browser and updates.

And i am by no means a "fan boy" as I said I am brand new to BB. If anything I was a WM fan boy.
    01-27-09 12:12 PM
    Comparing the Storm to the iPhone is ridiculous. They are two different types of phones that appeal to two different markets. The only similarity is the touch screen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 12:12 PM
    I really do not car what the supposed "technology gurus" at the magazines and websites say.
    I love my Storm, quirks and all.
    And the truth is the iphone is a toy with phone capabilities. Storm is a business machine with toy capabilities.
    01-27-09 12:14 PM
    people love to complain about 2 things, their spouses and the storm but yet they wont leave them
    I dont own a storm. I am still on an 8830 but that statement is great. I might have to put it in my autosignature.
    01-27-09 12:15 PM
    does everyone forget how the i phone is now???

anyone frequent their forums???

browser shut down, terrible battery life, absolutely insane amount of drop phone calls ( even for an ATT phone ), horrid replacement policy, getting a lock down from Apple on all these 3rd party goodies, no replacement batteries and terrible terrible 3g coverage

be thankful

This is the best touch screen smart phone on the market today. Bar none.

Anyone who says otherwise knows ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about cell phones period.
    VERSATILITY!
    AMEN....
    01-27-09 12:17 PM
    Stay away from WinMo... I call you crazy if you choose WinMo over Storm.
    01-27-09 12:19 PM
    I really do not car what the supposed "technology gurus" at the magazines and websites say.
    I love my Storm, quirks and all.
    And the truth is the iphone is a toy with phone capabilities. Storm is a business machine with toy capabilities.
    Exactly... most of the "technology gurus" from those sites aren't gurus at all... really... what guru would ever choose to favor a propriety developer api over an industry standard, Java ME?
    01-27-09 12:23 PM
    the i(canteditcopyorpast)Phone is BETTER for business than a Blackberry!?!?!
    ROFLMAO That is just too funny!

well as the i(wannabelikeeverybodyeles)Phone.

Lol I-wannabelikeeverybodyeles-phone hahaha that's a good one!
    01-27-09 12:28 PM
    Stay away from WinMo... I call you crazy if you choose WinMo over Storm.
    Some coworkers have WinMo devices, and I am less than impressed, however the Storm is a huge let down. Sure there is a chance that the 3rd party developers could start developing decent software for the Storm, but I think it is just a pipe dream. The BB OS is a joke. M$ will be a player in the future, because they are M$, Apple will because they make a great product, RIM is just riding out their past success, they were innovators, but now they are so far behind I do not see any future for them.
    01-27-09 12:29 PM
    Some coworkers have WinMo devices, and I am less than impressed, however the Storm is a huge let down. Sure there is a chance that the 3rd party developers could start developing decent software for the Storm, but I think it is just a pipe dream. The BB OS is a joke. M$ will be a player in the future, because they are M$, Apple will because they make a great product, RIM is just riding out their past success, they were innovators, but now they are so far behind I do not see any future for them.
    .... RIM will not go away lol..... you have officaly jumped off the deep end.
    01-27-09 12:37 PM
127 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD