Let me see someone with an iphone do a battery pull!! LOL. How about purchase an extended battery for the iphone....... Hmmm.. That's right you CAN'T take out the battery without sending your phone to Apple!! How about....Send me a picture from your iphone.... Send me an MMS over 160 characters from your iphone.... Try and copy/paste a link to me from your iphone....... O wait!!!! You can't do any of that!!
    01-27-09 11:15 AM
    Does everyone forget what the iPhone was like on release? ****...

Give it time haters...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

does everyone forget how the i phone is now???

anyone frequent their forums???

browser shut down, terrible battery life, absolutely insane amount of drop phone calls ( even for an ATT phone ), horrid replacement policy, getting a lock down from Apple on all these 3rd party goodies, no replacement batteries and terrible terrible 3g coverage

be thankful

This is the best touch screen smart phone on the market today. Bar none.

Anyone who says otherwise knows ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about cell phones period.
    01-27-09 11:21 AM
    tell me someone with an iphone that NEEDS to pull the battery every 30 minutes
    01-27-09 11:22 AM
    please .. do you care to elaborate ... ? tell me what the iphone dose that the storm and instinct dont ... if you like, i can tell you what thoes phone do that the iphone dosent .. now be my guest and actually provide some thought into what you say.

Cisco VPN

RDP

SSH

Sync Calenders with OWA without expensive BES server

Wifi

Render a Cisco WebVPN page correctly

Webex

Open two web pages at once

I am sure there are dozens more, but that is what I would use daily.
    01-27-09 11:24 AM
    But the iphone does have that cool light saber app
    01-27-09 11:25 AM
    Cisco VPN

RDP

SSH

Wifi

Webex

Hahaha! Ohhhh you done done it now! I think some will be very offended you said the iphone can do things the 95XX can't.....yet. Time to dig a trench.
    01-27-09 11:27 AM
    copy/paste, video camera, gps, no affiliation with the monopaly called apple or microsoft........loving my stormy
    01-27-09 11:28 AM
    But the iphone does have that cool light saber app
    Imagine the light saber app on the Storm, the accelerometer is so unresponsive, the sound effects would be 2-3 seconds delayed...
    01-27-09 11:29 AM
    Cisco VPN

RDP

SSH

Wifi

Webex

instinct dose all that waaaaaaay better then the storm including wifi

and the storm hasnt even been out 3 months give it the amount of time apple had to fix the problems that oh yeah ,,, they never fixed..... also wi fi on the iphone is ajoke , verizon vs wi fi iphone is about the same. and with no wi fi , storm hands down... also , NO MMS NO TAKING OUT BATTERY, NO HEPTICS, NO PUSH( THAT IS REAL) , NO INDICATOR LIGHT, COPY PAST, QWERTY IN TXT , QWERTY IN EMAIL... shall i go on .. ?
    01-27-09 11:29 AM
    copy/paste, video camera, gps, no affiliation with the monopaly called apple or microsoft........loving my stormy
    Video camera? LOL, Ya the Storms Video camera works great I use it all the time, the still camera too, works great.
    01-27-09 11:31 AM
    Imagine the light saber app on the Storm, the accelerometer is so unresponsive, the sound effects would be 2-3 seconds delayed...
    that shows ur ignorance, people with . 85 + are complaining its too responsive... welcome to the present ... , also go do the acceloromiter test app , and its actually very spot on .
    01-27-09 11:31 AM

and the storm hasnt even been out 3 months give it the amount of time apple had to fix the problems that oh yeah ,,, they never fixed..... also wi fi on the iphone is ajoke , verizon vs wi fi iphone is about the same. and with no wi fi , storm hands down... also , NO MMS NO TAKING OUT BATTERY, NO HEPTICS, NO PUSH( THAT IS REAL) , NO INDICATOR LIGHT, COPY PAST, QWERTY IN TXT , QWERTY IN EMAIL... shall i go on .. ?
    Please do..... i'm likin't it

likin' it lots
    01-27-09 11:32 AM
    i'd take an iphone myself if it were available on verizon

that being said, i love the push email on my storm. and the removable battery. and the QWERTY for text messaging. and the QWERTY for emails.

yeah, i'll probably need two phones
    01-27-09 11:32 AM
    You must have 4.7.0.65 still....
    01-27-09 11:33 AM
    such a pathetic review.

no qwerty keyboard? thats all they can say? its already in .90 and will likely stay in future revisions.

everything else took apple over a year to tweak and as ive said before, they still cant send MMS or copy paste? pfft.
    I think these comparisons are funny. I own both the iPhone and a couple of Storms and I can tell you they both have their strong points and their weak points.

I actually use my Storm more as a media player than I do my iPhone.. Imagine that. I do so because the iPhone lacks a feature I very much desired on a media player and that is A2DP stereo Bluetooth.

Both units play video quite well. Both units surf the web quite well. Granted the iPhone has a better browser by default with Safari but the Storm is improving with the release of third party browsers like Opera and Bolt so far.

I believe there is plenty of room in the marketplace for both devices and I do think that the Storm is the best phone on the Verizon network and cannot think of a phone that sold quite as well in such a short time with exception of the much over hyped Motorola RZR. But even then I can�t say that I remember seeing lines of people waiting to buy the RZR like there was for the Storm.

Even in the midst of a depressed economy like we have been dealing with there was many lines to buy a device that people were and are willing to spend $500.00 of their hard earned money on. So I would hardly call the Storm a failure at anything.

Please do go on, you have not made one valid point. The Storm or samsung can not do what I listed.
    MMS? you can email a photo, that is an acceptable trade off for a responsive OS in my opinion.
    01-27-09 11:34 AM
    Cisco VPN

RDP

SSH

Wifi

Webex

wow, now that u rendered urself a complete freak , why dont you state this in terms ormal consumers would understand and comprehend. that means nothing to the majority of cell users.

wi fi....thats because you need it, i dont. shame u pay the same amount for ur 3g coverage but you rely on free wi fi spots to get connected. sounds like your getting ripped off.
    01-27-09 11:34 AM
    Please do go on, you have not made one valid point. The Storm or samsung can not do what I listed.
    MMS? you can email a photo, that is an acceptable trade off for a responsive OS in my opinion.
    who wants to take a photo, attach it to an email , then send it ???? i would rather take the photo hit send select contact and away it goes.... btw ... at this point you are just trolling go back , bake an apple pie... and make some sweet love to your apple fanboiness
    01-27-09 11:37 AM
    that shows ur ignorance, people with . 85 + are complaining its too responsive... welcome to the present ... , also go do the acceloromiter test app , and its actually very spot on .
    LOL, I have .85, I had to down grade from .90 because of 3 battery pulls a day
    01-27-09 11:40 AM
    maybe , you should go to tips and tricks and read my " how to make your storm better" it will help with that
    01-27-09 11:42 AM
    Heh. Interesting article. I wouldnt consider the iphone as a Smartphone like the Storm. The IPhone is more of a toy for kids compared to the Blackberry. I switched to Blackberrys from the LG Dare. And by god, even the CURVE was better then any other phone at the time. Now the Storm just dominates man. The Iphone is for Apple Fans. If you want it, suite yourself with an IPod Touch like me lol
    01-27-09 11:44 AM
    maybe , you should go to tips and tricks and read my " how to make your storm better" it will help with that
    .90 still very unresponsive, buggy, and lacking features.
    01-27-09 11:45 AM
    Heh. Interesting article. I wouldnt consider the iphone as a Smartphone like the Storm. The IPhone is more of a toy for kids compared to the Blackberry. I switched to Blackberrys from the LG Dare. And by god, even the CURVE was better then any other phone at the time. Now the Storm just dominates man. The Iphone is for Apple Fans. If you want it, suite yourself with an IPod Touch like me lol
    Not at all the case, the iPhones enterprise capabilities are far beyond what RIM has to offer. The BES server is a joke and will be obsolete soon, M$ will make sure of it.
    01-27-09 11:46 AM
    .90 still very unresponsive, buggy, and lacking features.
    which has nothing to do with what i just said lol , go to tips and tricks section , read " a guide to make my strom better" do thoes steps, and its a world of difference. only bug in .90 that i have is no star on new messeges, other then that its very fast , very responsive, and not lacking any feature.
    01-27-09 11:48 AM
127 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD