read this .. wanted to throw up .. lol....

It's Official: Blackberry Storm Is No iPhone Killer - PC World

EDIT: I find it funny .....they are upset that it only sold .5 mil since november lol... not even three months ago.

EDIT X2: mods , sorry thought i was in rants and raves.
    Last edited by sooks; 01-27-09 at 10:26 AM.
    01-27-09 10:20 AM
    The Storm is not even an LG Voyager killer.
    01-27-09 10:23 AM
    Yes, many try to imitate. But it seems people need to realize, just because a new touch screen is out, it's not the iphone. Nothing will be the iphone and take that how you will. Blackberry's storm IMO didn't come out trying to be an "iPhone killer, but rather a specific "oddity" device. People who compare two majorly different phones are simply ignorant.
    01-27-09 10:25 AM
    Make sure you read correctly, it said .5 million where sold.
    The Storm is not even an LG Voyager killer.
    are you serious ? i came from an Voyager , and i wil never go back to anything other then a blackberry, and i will not leave my storm for anything less.

I have now figured out , that 3/4 of the people are just to damn dumb to operate the storm .... so for you sir, yes i suggest you stick with a " dumb phone" it fits yeah nicely.
    Last edited by sooks; 01-27-09 at 10:27 AM.
    I think the largest problem is that everyone is comparing it to the iPhone. Why did the iPhone sell 2 million units? BECAUSE IT WAS NEW. There was no such thing as anything like the iPhone and everyone at the time wanted to get it. DUH. The Storm isn't an entirely new concept, and all of the tech freaks that went and got iPhones aren't going to switch to the Storm because they have no reason to. Had the Storm come out first, we'd be saying the same thing about the iPhone right now.
    01-27-09 10:27 AM
    people love to complain about 2 things, their spouses and the storm but yet they wont leave them
    01-27-09 10:28 AM
    Looks like someone needs to get the ball rolling....
    01-27-09 10:29 AM
    Does everyone forget what the iPhone was like on release? ****...

Give it time haters...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 10:31 AM
    I think the largest problem is that everyone is comparing it to the iPhone. Why did the iPhone sell 2 million units? BECAUSE IT WAS NEW. There was no such thing as anything like the iPhone and everyone at the time wanted to get it. DUH. The Storm isn't an entirely new concept, and all of the tech freaks that went and got iPhones aren't going to switch to the Storm because they have no reason to. Had the Storm come out first, we'd be saying the same thing about the iPhone right now.
    Again failure to read correctly the iphone sold 2 million during the same holiday period the Storm came out. RIM only sold half a million during that same holiday period.
    01-27-09 10:33 AM
    Why is this an issue? I didn't buy a Storm because I hoped it would be an iPhone killer. I bought a Storm because it's on Verizon and because I wanted a smartphone and didn't like the trackball of the regular Blackberries.

I don't understand why the media makes such a big deal about two competing technologies by constantly tracking their sales. It's fine that the iPhone sells 2 million or 5 million or 10 million units. If I wanted to switch off Verizon I would have bought one myself...
    01-27-09 10:34 AM
    The Storm was never said to be a Rotten Apple Killer, it was all media hype... It's marketing news.....

Get over it. they are different products with different peoples minds making them......
    01-27-09 10:35 AM
    The Storm was never said to be a Rotten Apple Killer, it was all media hype... It's marketing news.....

Get over it. they are different products with different peoples minds making them......
    Agreed...the MEDIA made it out to be the "next iPhone killer"....just like all the other touch screen phones out there. People are talkin about the Pre now too. Let's see how that turns out.

Blackberry adopted the touch screen to keep up with what they thought was a trend coming to market. They kept their haptic feedback, because the CrackBerry faithful loved that about the BB phones. I also was never a fan of the track ball/scroll wheel. In my mind.... a Bold w/ touch screen capabilities would be my dream phone...but i can't have that yet.

The Storm may not be the "iPhone killer" but it's a killer phone....IMHO...
    01-27-09 10:43 AM
    The Storm came out during the worst economic recession in recent years and still did ok. Do me a favor go to the iphone forums look for threads from 05-06 let me know what you read.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 10:44 AM
    I have had both phones and was there on the iphone launch, the iphone had just as many bugs during launch. I prefer the BB Storm over the iphone any day. Leave the iphone do the kids.
    01-27-09 10:46 AM
    Agreed...the MEDIA made it out to be the "next iPhone killer"....just like all the other touch screen phones out there. People are talkin about the Pre now too. Let's see how that turns out.

Blackberry adopted the touch screen to keep up with what they thought was a trend coming to market. They kept their haptic feedback, because the CrackBerry faithful loved that about the BB phones. I also was never a fan of the track ball/scroll wheel. In my mind.... a Bold w/ touch screen capabilities would be my dream phone...but i can't have that yet.

The Storm may not be the "iPhone killer" but it's a killer phone....IMHO...
    a trackball between the back key and the BB key on the storm would still be very useful in the current interface
    01-27-09 10:46 AM
    Funny how almost everyone on the blackberry forums were raving the Storm was going to murder the iphone pre-launch. Now with a very disappointing first impression all of those same people are back peddling saying the Storm was never meant to be an iphone competitor.
    01-27-09 10:50 AM
    Yes, many try to imitate. But it seems people need to realize, just because a new touch screen is out, it's not the iphone. Nothing will be the iphone and take that how you will. Blackberry's storm IMO didn't come out trying to be an "iPhone killer, but rather a specific "oddity" device. People who compare two majorly different phones are simply ignorant.
    i would have to agree...

are you serious ? i came from an Voyager , and i wil never go back to anything other then a blackberry, and i will not leave my storm for anything less.

I have now figured out , that 3/4 of the people are just to damn dumb to operate the storm .... so for you sir, yes i suggest you stick with a " dumb phone" it fits yeah nicely.
    Ditto!!!!! my last phone was the LG Voyager too...i really did like that phone but the Storm is way better.
    01-27-09 10:50 AM
    I wonder how well the storm would run if it only ran one program at a time like the iphone. I have an ipod touch and the programs on there seem to only run one at a time whereas my storm seems to be doing everything at once. If I am correct with this assessment i would also like to see how the iphone would run while multitasking like the storm does. Both seem to have their benefits and flaws.
    01-27-09 10:54 AM
    Funny how almost everyone on the blackberry forums were raving the Storm was going to murder the iphone pre-launch. Now with a very disappointing first impression all of those same people are back peddling saying the Storm was never meant to be an iphone competitor.
    Some did say that yes, but most , no... RIM never advertised as an iphone killer... look at the samsung instinct they are still advertising as an iphone killer... and honestly .. lol .. i had that phone and it did everything the iphone did, but better.. no looking at the storm . there is nothing the iphone can do that the storm cant.... so i guess depending on how you view " iphone kiler" will dertimin if you think it is or not. just because everyone is reporting its not .. dosent mean its not .. 3/4 of all reports come from apple fans.
    01-27-09 10:55 AM
    I wonder how well the storm would run if it only ran one program at a time like the iphone. I have an ipod touch and the programs on there seem to only run one at a time whereas my storm seems to be doing everything at once. If I am correct with this assessment i would also like to see how the iphone would run while multitasking like the storm does. Both seem to have their benefits and flaws.
    That is true the iphone does not multitask.
    01-27-09 11:00 AM
    Some did say that yes, but most , no... RIM never advertised as an iphone killer... look at the samsung instinct they are still advertising as an iphone killer... and honestly .. lol .. i had that phone and it did everything the iphone did, but better.. no looking at the storm . there is nothing the iphone can do that the storm cant.... so i guess depending on how you view " iphone kiler" will dertimin if you think it is or not. just because everyone is reporting its not .. dosent mean its not .. 3/4 of all reports come from apple fans.
    LOL, the samsung instinct and the Storm can do everything the iPhone can do? Riiiiiiight.....
    01-27-09 11:06 AM
    Don't get me wrong. I know RIM was not pushing the 95XX series as 'iphone killers' but i remember every time we got some leaked info on the Storm 80% of people would say something along the lines that the end of the iphone is near. I'm a hardcore RIM supporter but the Storm IMHO should have been so much better at launch than it was. Can you imagine if the Storm was launched with .90 with a few bugs how awesome that would have been? I don't buy the 'new phones will have software bugs' excuse either, i'm an early adopter of the 8900 and the phone is so near flawless its boring.
    01-27-09 11:06 AM
    Make sure you read correctly, it said .5 million where sold.
    That is correct. The reason for such a low number is that the availability was low. They only had an certain amount to give out and in my area, Erie, Pa each corporate store got 20 each the day they launched! Independent agents got...... 0.0. If the availability was there, VZW would have sold 2 million easily by now!! The most phones get sold in the first 2 weeks of a launch of the phone and being that there was a lack of them available, it made the sales pathetically low! There was some mysterious reason that all of the phones got launched with a BS operating system. Therefore had to all be re-flashed with the most current software, which in turn put the availability way behind.
    Last edited by sirshady420; 01-27-09 at 11:19 AM.
    01-27-09 11:13 AM
    LOL, the samsung instinct and the Storm can do everything the iPhone can do? Riiiiiiight.....
    please .. do you care to elaborate ... ? tell me what the iphone dose that the storm and instinct dont ... if you like, i can tell you what thoes phone do that the iphone dosent .. now be my guest and actually provide some thought into what you say.
    01-27-09 11:13 AM
127 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD