03-06-09 01:48 AM
620 ... 232425
tools
    All these beta firmwares are ****. Never expect a beta release to be functionable, unless you do nothing with your storm.

I'll be going back to .76

All these beta releases are nice previews to what the phone is capable of, if only blackberry would stop ****en around and being lazy and relase an official firmware to fix all this crap.

4th storm going back. gotta love it.
    02-16-09 10:01 AM
    All these beta firmwares are ****. Never expect a beta release to be functionable, unless you do nothing with your storm.

All these beta releases are nice previews to what the phone is capable of, if only blackberry would stop ****en around and being lazy and relase an official firmware to fix all this crap.

I can sympathize with you, but keep it clean in here please
    02-16-09 10:03 AM
    I have installed this beta version and it has increased the speed of the device dramatically. It is much more responsive. I haven't suffered anymore random reboots either.
    02-16-09 10:45 AM

So, please explain how .76 is better than .99 or .103? If you take the time to search through these forums, you'll find answers to many of the problems you're having. With 3 posts, you probably are not taking advantage of the insight many users have gained working through their problems.
    02-16-09 03:47 PM
    All these beta firmwares are ****. Never expect a beta release to be functionable, unless you do nothing with your storm..
    First of all all releases have bugs. The camera sucks in .75/.76 and the interface is slow and clunky. Newer releases break other things but many other things are improved.

Do not let BETA/or LEAKED mean that there is always something wrong woth the OS. The only thing that separates the leaked and official releases is the stamp of approval on the OS and the vendor.xml file and possibly updated themes.
    02-16-09 05:05 PM
    could someone help me download this update. i can't seem to figure out what i need to download and how to sync it with my storm. thank you
    02-16-09 09:46 PM
    could someone help me download this update. i can't seem to figure out what i need to download and how to sync it with my storm. thank you
    Go to first page of this thread is the second post.
    Last edited by Stealthed; 02-17-09 at 01:25 AM.
    02-16-09 10:03 PM
    Kevin, thanks for posting, but I can't seem to get this into my blackberry. First, Newbie here. I successfully downloaded onto desktop. But when I hit run, I get an error message that says L: drive not valid. ??? How do I take the upgrade (now on desktop) and upgrade my phone?
    02-17-09 07:30 AM
    I got a "fatal error" during the install. I re-downloaded from another link here, and the same thing happened. It gets to "Connecting to boot ROM", and that sits onscreen endlessly. Finally I get the error message that a fatal error occurred while attempting to upgrade the software. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by rje; 02-17-09 at 09:32 AM.
    02-17-09 08:39 AM
    I got a "fatal error" during the install. I re-downloaded from another link here, and the same thing happened. It gets to "Connecting to boot ROM", and that sits onscreen endlessly. Finally I get the error message that a fatal error occurred while attempting to upgrade the software. Any thoughts?
    I hope you have a data backup (if not do one now if it lets you) and I would suggest a wipe of the handheld and starting from scratch. If you have another MicroUSB cable you may want to try that too.
    02-17-09 04:15 PM
    .99 is butttttttttttttttttttttttttt when i lock the phone and click the screen it doesnt turn on. i have to unlock it or hit the end button.

Thats okay though. is .103 better?
    02-19-09 04:57 PM
    .99 is butttttttttttttttttttttttttt when i lock the phone and click the screen it doesnt turn on. i have to unlock it or hit the end button.

Thats okay though. is .103 better?
    I have installed all the betas except for the .103/.106 hybrid. I personally prefer the .99 the best and am currently using it now. .103 to me was faster on the internet and in navigating the home screens. But I felt like .99 has the least problems. I was having some battery issues with .103 and there was a few more "loading clocks". I have heard people say they don't have battery problems with .103 I guess you would just have to try it out and see which one you like better.
    02-20-09 12:12 PM
    i had little problems with 99, 103 seems to the best so far for me.
    02-20-09 12:21 PM
    dude how can i upgrade my storm to 4.7.0.99 version????
    Also can u give me the link so i could download it..!!!
    03-03-09 04:46 PM
    dude how can i upgrade my storm to 4.7.0.99 version????
    Also can u give me the link so i could download it..!!!
    Search the forums. Links to the different versions and instructions are all over the place.
    03-03-09 06:03 PM
    Albeit these OS upgrades are amazing, and flying in, but I think i'm gonna stick with .75 until something solid comes in. You guys do great work and do a great job at keeping the knowledge flow up. I'm looking forward to whats next!
    03-04-09 12:24 PM
    hi,

i used unlock blackberry storm and it is OS 95. is it ok to upgrade it to OS 109?

thank you
    03-04-09 08:20 PM
    Not sure if that OS was leaked, but it might have been. But YES, you can upgrade the OS to any leak you want. And can always revert back to older ones if that one doesnt work to good for you.
    03-04-09 08:24 PM
    Albeit these OS upgrades are amazing, and flying in, but I think i'm gonna stick with .75 until something solid comes in. You guys do great work and do a great job at keeping the knowledge flow up. I'm looking forward to whats next!
    There IS something solid out, it's called .109 but to each his own.
    03-06-09 01:45 AM
    hi,

i used unlock blackberry storm and it is OS 95. is it ok to upgrade it to OS 109?

thank you
    Yes you can upgrade to .109. You are looking at the platform number. .95 is the end of the platform ID for .75 OS version .95 has not been released or leaked unless you know someone on the inside ;-)
    03-06-09 01:48 AM
620 ... 232425
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD