Why you gata post this soo darn late. Do you know how much sleep you cost people, lol. Thanks!
    You aren't a true Crackberry addict unless you know that keeping your Blackberry up to date is more important than sleep. ;-)
    02-03-09 12:49 AM
    Newbie here. Crazyrt3, so you had no problem going to .99 from .75? I'm on .75 and would like to jump straight to .99. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    02-03-09 12:51 AM
    Im lost...when it goes to the mega upload site it states that the link is no longer there..I have an acoount with them so im not really sure how to get it...
    That means the file has been deleted and you will need to find another link. Remember this is something we are not supposed to have.
    02-03-09 12:53 AM
    Newbie here. Crazyrt3, so you had no problem going to .99 from .75? I'm on .75 and would like to jump straight to .99. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Install the executable file you downloaded onto your phone. Then plug your BB into your computer with the USB and then when Windows finishes installing the drivers for it start the DM and it should ask if you want to upgrade and just follow the directions. If there is any important data on your phone or apps which would be hard to find and re download if bricked your phone you want to make backups as detailed in Kevin's BB 101 article.
    02-03-09 01:04 AM
    I have been having nothing but problems with my Storm. The device charges sometimes and it does not charge other times. I am now running .99 and it is so very frustrating. Are other people having issues with their Storm charging?
    The prongs go vertically into the wall socket.
    02-03-09 02:46 AM
    Thanks
    You should not have any problems i installed without a wipe like some pepole on here do and i have not had any of the issues everyone else is having except the camera some time making my phone reboot. The update only took me 20min from start to finish. I have several third party apps and they all still work great.
    02-03-09 04:10 AM
    i put it on my server. w ww.jfalcione.com/storm99.rar

no waits or anything. Enjoy.

Sorry, i cant do urls until ten posts :/
    02-03-09 04:13 AM
    hi,
    I was told by a Verizon employee to come to his site to get the voice text feature, I guess its when you can talk into the phone and it will listen and write what you say in a text and you can send it. But I'm not sure how to get that feature, can you help? Thanks !!!
    I think Vilingo is what you are looking for.
    http://www.vlingo.com/vlingo/download.jsp
    02-03-09 08:43 AM
    I think Vilingo is what you are looking for.
    http://www.vlingo.com/vlingo/download.jsp
    i went to the website and sent it to my phone but the link in the email sent but the link from the email wont highlight, how else can i get this??
    02-03-09 08:52 AM
    i went to the website and sent it to my phone but the link in the email sent but the link from the email wont highlight, how else can i get this??
    I just sent it as a SMS and the link is clickable there (on mine anyway). After I sent the SMS the web site went to a page that gave the following information:
    Thank you for your interest in vlingo! You will receive a message with a link to download vlingo shortly. If you do not receive the message within 5 minutes, you can download vlingo directly from your BlackBerry by visiting the following link from your BlackBerry's built-in web browser:

www.vlingo.com/getvlingo

Copy and paste the link in your BB Browser.
    02-03-09 09:02 AM
    I've been using .99 for about 2 days now and I'm not a big fan. It's slower than other versions and I had to pull the battery several times now. I had a funny message " App Error 523 Reset" on what appears to be a white screen of death. Another time the whole screen became unresponsive. I guess that's why they call it "unofficial release" I'm ready for .101 or whatever's next
    02-03-09 09:16 AM
    I've been using .99 for about 2 days now and I'm not a big fan. It's slower than other versions and I had to pull the battery several times now. I had a funny message " App Error 523 Reset" on what appears to be a white screen of death. Another time the whole screen became unresponsive. I guess that's why they call it "unofficial release" I'm ready for .101 or whatever's next
    Do you have any 3rd party apps installed?
    02-03-09 09:27 AM
    I remain adventuresome and love to try new releases but must admit that 90 not too good - lots of VSOD - browser hangs etc. - anyone with a .99 link for newest leak?

Thanks Jay
    02-03-09 10:02 AM
    Pro's

Second day no restarts or Bat pulls
    system menus are smooth
    browsing through pics is a breeze
    Camera works greate
    App Mem has stayed in 23 to 38 range over 2 day span with HEVY USE
    Battery is holding charge longer
    scrolling is awesome smooth and seemless
    no random Reboots SWEEEET
    installed with out handheld wipe
    call quality still clear with no dropped calls
    all in all improved RECOMENDED DOWNLOAD

Cons..
    Bigger keys gone.. they went back to little
    Contacts got deleted( but i think that was my fault)

Download load it
    02-03-09 10:12 AM
    my mms/sms stoped working, cant get on it i keep getting this error message
    UNCAUGHT EXCEPTION JAVA.LANG.NULLPOINTER EXCEPTION

I think something got corrupted in your install process. The overwhelming thumbs up for 99 is no fluke. Mine has been simply wonderful! In the two days that I have had the 99 on my phone, it is by far the best one.
    02-03-09 10:18 AM
    Hey everyone...just wana say whats up to kevin thank for all the sh*t you do for us bb owners....Ok now to the point where in the **** do i find the link to DL .99 someone help PLEASE...
    02-03-09 10:32 AM
    I need help with the .99 firmware install (upgrading from .90)...midway through the install I get the following:

Error 1402 Could not open key. HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Classes\DeviceManagerP roperties.PropertiesRIMDeviceManager.1 Verify that you have sufficient access to that key or chack with support personnel.

The install rolls back on click of OK.

FYI - I am the Admin on my computer

How do I solve this error? How do I complete the install?

Thanks
    02-03-09 10:34 AM
    rapidshare.com/files/192607459/Storm_Update_4.7.0.99.rar
    02-03-09 10:36 AM
    After it DL's then how do i get it to my storm?
    02-03-09 10:42 AM
    Do you have any 3rd party apps installed?
    No 3rd party apps...
    02-03-09 10:44 AM
    Help How Do I Get It To My Phone????
    02-03-09 11:42 AM
    I installed the .99 without any issues. I selected to upgrade to the new software using desktop 4.7 and with 3rd party software. Then I had to restore back my contacts, messages, and emails.

After about 35 minutes, everything was back up and running.

The new software seems faster. It has a new version of MSN, Yahoo messenger and google talk. The full keyboard in portrait mode is cool, but you really have to have skinny fingers to use it. But at least you have a choice between multi-tap, suretype and full keyboard. Originally, the browser is set to a WAP browser, and you can't seem to select to emulate the blackberry or internet explorer. However, within hours, it seems that the features suddenly enable themselves. Go figure.
    No hanging while taking photos as some stated, and the pictures can be taken a bit quicker than normally with 0.76
    Typing seems smoother and improved, however scrolling up and down the menu seems to have a slight delay or hesitation.

My only complaint is that the main screen in portrait mode now has 2 rows in the menu selection instead of one row. And for the life of me, I can't figure out how to change it back to one.

-Other 3rd party apps installed on the 0.99 - Aerize Alerts, BBLight, Beyond411, Google Maps, Opera Mini, QuickPull, Sunclock, TalkLock, Weatherbug. No errors or issues while using this version of the OS.
    02-03-09 11:44 AM
    Hey all.. Just Joined up.

Got .99 Installed last night after having a previous upgrade that downgraded my os.. which sucked.. I had 86 on my phone.. installed a os that claimed to be 99.. which gave me 76.. But now its all good and its sweet no flaws yet.

turn on time has improved by 100%
    all other times id be waiting at a wite screen while it was thinking.

its alot faster when turning it on its sides and what not.

it now has a Pone option for the calling pad.. my previous version never had that.

all in all wickedd.. wonder what 100 is like
    02-03-09 12:11 PM
    .99 was my first upgrade from .75. My only real problem which is very frustrating is it appears that typing is much more difficult. Maybe the keys are smaller but I am making many more mistakes. My settings are
    400/100/4

any suggestions?
    Rick
    02-03-09 12:15 PM
    I installed the .99 without any issues. I selected to upgrade to the new software using desktop 4.7 and with 3rd party software. Then I had to restore back my contacts, messages, and emails.

After about 35 minutes, everything was back up and running.

The new software seems faster. It has a new version of MSN, Yahoo messenger and google talk. The full keyboard in portrait mode is cool, but you really have to have skinny fingers to use it. But at least you have a choice between multi-tap, suretype and full keyboard. Originally, the browser is set to a WAP browser, and you can't seem to select to emulate the blackberry or internet explorer. However, within hours, it seems that the features suddenly enable themselves. Go figure.
    No hanging while taking photos as some stated, and the pictures can be taken a bit quicker than normally with 0.76
    Typing seems smoother and improved, however scrolling up and down the menu seems to have a slight delay or hesitation.

My only complaint is that the main screen in portrait mode now has 2 rows in the menu selection instead of one row. And for the life of me, I can't figure out how to change it back to one.

-Other 3rd party apps installed on the 0.99 - Aerize Alerts, BBLight, Beyond411, Google Maps, Opera Mini, QuickPull, Sunclock, TalkLock, Weatherbug. No errors or issues while using this version of the OS.
    for the single row..

1. go to your main screen
    2. press the blackberry button that will open up all icons.
    3. once in the all icons section press the blackberry button one more time
    this will get you to a list.
    Scroll down to options
    3. A screen will open up called HomeScreen Preferences
    from there choose your home screen layout.

Hope that helped!

Ps I currently have mine on single row.
    02-03-09 12:16 PM
620 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD