I just recently upgraded and noticed that VZ Rhapsody was included with the OS upgrade....this has never been included with any of the other Leaked OS releases...could this possibly mean that this could be an official OS release soon...???
    02-01-09 09:57 PM
    So do you need to delete the vendor.xlm file before installing the update?
    02-01-09 10:09 PM
    ahhh.. .90 has been butter for me.. debating if i should go with .99

hmmmmmm..
    02-01-09 10:10 PM
    ahhh.. .90 has been butter for me.. debating if i should go with .99

hmmmmmm..
    That's what I'm thinking about... I'm scared!

...lol
    02-01-09 10:12 PM
    I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! (Biting my nails) Installing .99 right now..... I need medication for being Crackberry addict! Thanks Kevin!
    02-01-09 10:12 PM
    The anticipation of new leaks is starting to wear off for me. It's becoming an annoyance actually. I know these are not official OS' but its just getting sad. I wish we'd just have a solid official OS
    02-01-09 10:15 PM
    i installed youtube from the 3rd party apps section, wheres it at??
    02-01-09 10:16 PM
    This has been the best OS for me... No more Reboots... No more VSOD... Camera Works... Blazingly fast compared to .90.... Battery is superb.. been running 10 hrs now with heavy BBM, web and Viigo and battery is at 75% still. Only 2 downsides which I really don't care for:

1.] Screen resolution - .90 or less is better
    2.] QWERTY buttons smaller

But hey, it's better that freakin pulling your battery all the time...
    Last edited by mastermason11; 02-01-09 at 10:19 PM.
    02-01-09 10:16 PM
    I love this version its nice but is anyone else having issues with the keyboard not keeping up with your typing... this is very annoying lol. Its almost to the point where i almost wish i waited for the curve 8900... (i love my storm i really do i just hope they fix this issue)
    02-01-09 10:42 PM
    The install went pretty smooth. Only took about 20 minutes after installing the update to DM. So far my camera is actually saving pictures. I had to take a few pictures, like it needed to "remember" how to take pictures quickly, but its working smooth now, and I have 47.5mb memory at the moment. Hopefully it runs this smooth all time, but I know a few bugs could surface in the next week or so.

BTW the memory was around 35mb before a battery pull right after the install.

ALSO I had a picture in the background, and it decided to resize it and make it fullscreen, instead of between the header and the icons on the main screen. Might be a useful bit of info to some people, I'm not sure if I am the only person having this "issue" but not a big deal to me.
    02-01-09 11:02 PM
    Don't have a storm, but I'm guessing BOTH 65 and 75 are officials from verizon/bell/telus
    VZW Official Releases: .65 and .75
    Telus/Bell Official Release: .76
    Voda was .65 and .78 I believe
    02-01-09 11:04 PM
    That's what I'm thinking about... I'm scared!

...lol
    what are you so scared of?
    02-01-09 11:13 PM
    i wanted to upload this today but with the superbowl and all i dint have much time.

so far .75 has been the best for me and thats what im currently using but i feel like trying this .99 out so hopefully it goes good but more than likely ill stay with stable .75
    02-01-09 11:17 PM
    well i spoke too soon its starting to lock up on me. maybe because it cant keep up with my typing i dont know. it only happens wile im using the keyboard. anyone els having this problem?
    02-01-09 11:19 PM
    Why is RIM so reluctant in releasing new os, I mean the last official release was .75 and the leaked is already to .99. Are they just building up to try to achieve perfection or what, why not release anything new like at least an official .83 since its been out a while and seemed to work well?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It's not RIM that makes those choices, It's the individual carrier, and the reason is simple. Every one of these leaks breaks at least one thing that worked in .75 and it would be idiotic tor them to release something like that (especially on a device with auto update) as it would cost them a fortune in returned devices and support calls.

Just be patient . .. . it's coming :-)
    02-01-09 11:21 PM
    crackberrygod its not locking up on me but it has awful typing lag from what i can see. i wish the keyboard would actually keep up for a change its awful i might go back to .75 or .85 to see if they had the same horrible typing lag as well...
    02-01-09 11:24 PM
    thanks SRMARTIN15 it just seams wrong to me .90 didnt do this as far as i can remember(that being this morn.) before i upgraded it was fine i mean i do like how the enter key now says go. lol
    02-01-09 11:28 PM
    Sup all I download OS.99 it rocks so far it's been over 3 hrs and it's rocking!! much, much better than .75|.86|.90 so far stable notice a few new features still testing them out, I'll make a post once confirmed, also just notice on the appl center it's telling me on most to down grade, but using all of them and they are working great....one more thing for those of you who have upgraded to .99 make sure you un plug from usb cable then turn off your phone and go thru the process for you can get the full effects for the new OS...enjoy and thanks for those who have posted the leak & feed backs.
    02-01-09 11:28 PM
    i feel once this device can keep up with my typing and not feel like the whole OS is getting bogged down and sluggish will i really truelly love this device. i mean the whole point of a BB is to enter things fast on the run or during your hectic day. So why would you want a full touchscreen that clicks if it wont keep up with your typing like the curve or bold does. I mean i love my phone to death but whats the point of a BB if it cant even keep up.
    02-01-09 11:33 PM
    lol .........
    02-01-09 11:37 PM
    this is to help the few people who were askin about their browser icon disappearing after the update

go to options > advanced options > host routing table > blackberry button > register now > then you will get a message in your message folder about being registered and after you open it your browser icon should be back
    Last edited by colinyoung; 02-01-09 at 11:49 PM.
    02-01-09 11:46 PM
    i feel once this device can keep up with my typing and not feel like the whole OS is getting bogged down and sluggish will i really truelly love this device. i mean the whole point of a BB is to enter things fast on the run or during your hectic day. So why would you want a full touchscreen that clicks if it wont keep up with your typing like the curve or bold does. I mean i love my phone to death but whats the point of a BB if it cant even keep up.
    Have you tried going into your options|Screen|Keyboard, than try adjusting the Touchscreen Tap Interval|Hover Period|Swipe Sensitivity, it worked for me and typing pretty fast..
    02-01-09 11:52 PM
    well i couldnt resist and u uploaded the software to my blackberry ready for testing for tomorrows day. feels good so far though
    02-02-09 12:04 AM
    yea i play with that all the time
    Hover Period is just how fast your storm reacts to your finger Hovering over an object say in your SMS & MMS folder you hold your finger ontop of a contact and it searches for that contact in X amount of time that X amount of time is hover period...
    Tap Interval correct me if im wrong is the time it takes to register a double tap action (which doesnt make much sense i cant think of anything you need to double tap)
    Swipe Sensitivity is a no brainer in my book.
    Although i have played with these often i still cant seem to type fast on my device it just lags up on me very annoying indeed
    02-02-09 12:04 AM
    .99 works way better than .90 for me.

- camera can save pic now
    - no frozen screen so far
    - Asian Language Input doens't work anymore. Chinese input was working great before, but it is gone now. Japanese input never worked since .65

I wanted to write some free applications for fun... but it cost $100 to get the signature tools from RIM... forget about it.
    02-02-09 12:05 AM
620 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD