I am a normal BB user and abuser, but currently .99 is not being detected by Desktop Manager. I've installed updates plenty times before. I've installed leaked updates too. Once I installed .85 and downgraded back to .75 because it was not stable.
    My Desktop Manager is not recognizing .99 when I plug in my Storm. Yes, I ran the installation file, and it installed with no errors and everything seemed fine, but when I plugged in back my BB Storm for Desktop Manager to recognize the new OS 99, it didn't do anything. I tried re-installation about 7 times, and it still did not work. Is there something I am doing wrong or is there something I have to set first. i tried it with internet off as well, but still no success. So currently i am still running .75 which to me is slow compared to the videos ive seen of .90 and .99.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!
    02-05-09 04:43 PM
    Update, from .90 to .99 has been so great. More stable and went from freezing several times a day to now once a day at best. Would really love to see this go away, but whatcha going to do. As far as the comments about the keys being smaller, I compared my TELUS storm with .99 to another TELUS storm running .76 and the ket size looked the same to me. She was so impressed with the way my storm reacted that she insisted that I update hers also ... we're getting very close poeple.

On a side note, does anyone have a reason why I can listen to music using my Bluetooth headset, but when playing movies, the sound won't transfer ... I'm sure there is a reason, but I don't know it.
    02-05-09 04:53 PM
    This delete all my contact info like it did the last update? Is that common or what? I really want the new os considering this one as horrible as it is... is still better than the original version. So If this one is better than... I say we go for it but for some reason this computer won't back up my phone data... and I don't wanna write it all down... or put it all back in... Help?
    02-05-09 08:26 PM
    I'm a totally newb. Is there a step by step guide to installing new OS? tried searching but didn't find it. I just bought my storm this past week. How do I know which OS is on there now?
    02-06-09 02:54 PM
    Southnam: To find your current version take the following steps:
    1. Press the "OPTIONS" button on your home page
    2. Highlight ABOUT (Its the very first option) and press it.
    3. Look at the 3rd line down. It will start with v4.7.0.xx (The "xx" will be your version number). In all liklihood it will say .65 or .75 (if you are lucky).
    Hope this helps. Welcome aboard.
    02-06-09 07:18 PM
    okay from reading this thread a little bit i am still kidna confused..

i just got my storm yesterday. i have V4.7.0.75

is that good enough? or should i update to .99?

and if i should, how do you update it to .99?
    02-07-09 03:13 PM
    okay from reading this thread a little bit i am still kidna confused..

i just got my storm yesterday. i have V4.7.0.75

is that good enough? or should i update to .99?

and if i should, how do you update it to .99?
    the thing about these softwares is that about every phone has one problem or another, so it trial and error with these!! ive had just about all and all had problems its a matter which problem you can live with!! but good luck!!
    02-07-09 04:32 PM
    I had originally installed the .86 upgrade, then I tried installing the .99 during the instalation the phone froze and it said : "Software reset : 507" took out the battery 10-15 times, unable to turn the device back on. called verizon, they shipped out another one, this time the .99 upgrade worked, it turned off a couple of times and turned back on. 4 hours later I recieved a Yahoo message and the phone turned off, never turned back on again, this time no error message on the screen, just a dead phone. Is my problem the .99 upgrade?
    Last edited by pegah.s; 02-07-09 at 09:39 PM.
    02-07-09 09:34 PM
    ok, ive been trying to do this for three hrs and its not working. once i start up the DM it does not find the update. what is going on???? please someone help
    02-07-09 10:09 PM
    ok, ive been trying to do this for three hrs and its not working. once i start up the DM it does not find the update. what is going on???? please someone help
    Have you deleted any other OS versions that were on your computer? Are you running Vista?
    02-07-09 10:12 PM
    Have you deleted any other OS versions that were on your computer? Are you running Vista?
    yes and im not running vista. i followed the step by step instructions perfectly till that step...idk
    02-07-09 10:17 PM
    Once you go into the DM do you go to application loader?
    02-07-09 10:19 PM
    Once you go into the DM do you go to application loader?
    it said it would prompt the new update and i tried to search for new updates but found nothing. i will check the app loader now
    02-07-09 10:26 PM
    I had originally installed the .86 upgrade, then I tried installing the .99 during the instalation the phone froze and it said : "Software reset : 507" took out the battery 10-15 times, unable to turn the device back on. called verizon, they shipped out another one, this time the .99 upgrade worked, it turned off a couple of times and turned back on. 4 hours later I recieved a Yahoo message and the phone turned off, never turned back on again, this time no error message on the screen, just a dead phone. Is my problem the .99 upgrade?
    I wouldn't think it was the .99 update...too many people have did it with no issues.
    02-07-09 10:30 PM
    OK, I just finished it. So far so good. .99 and beyond -- here we go!
    02-07-09 11:09 PM
    ok, i obviously have no clue what im doing. ive been trying to do this for four hours now and still nothing. ive downloaded and removed the update like six times and everytime i go to DM there is nothing there.
    02-07-09 11:32 PM
    ok, i obviously have no clue what im doing. ive been trying to do this for four hours now and still nothing. ive downloaded and removed the update like six times and everytime i go to DM there is nothing there.

Turn off your internet first...

there is also a live chat site, they could walk you through..Chatango: Fantoms Forums
    02-07-09 11:42 PM
    Just joined and I would like to thank everyone for sharing their knowledge about the Storm. I am slowing figuring all this BB stuff out, i am currently trying to DL the .99 version. I hope all goes well and it doesn't become a paper weight when I am done.
    02-07-09 11:56 PM
    you can also go to fantomberry.com and launch the live chat from the navigation bar, again if u need help with an os update, we are here to help

first off i wanna thank everyone who helped me tonight with the upload. i think everything is correct. thx again
    02-08-09 01:40 AM
    does this version have the qwerty keyboard in portrait?
    02-08-09 02:47 AM
    does this version have the qwerty keyboard in portrait?
    Yes it does, but honestly I would go to .90 instead if you aren't on it already and skip .99 altogether because the next leak will likely happen in the next few days and at least for me this has been the most bug ridden leak to date and I'm not just talking glitches, actual crashes. I know I don't represent everybody so I don't need a chorus of "it works flawless for me" posts in response to this but there are also a good amount of people having these issues.
    02-08-09 03:27 AM
    I have a copy of .99 on my drive if you send me your Emil I can send it to you.
    02-08-09 03:34 AM
    I have a copy of .99 on my drive if you send me your Emil I can send it to you.
    How are you going to email a 94 MB fie? Better re upload to mediafire or somewhere.
    02-08-09 03:42 AM
    I can't get the volume button on the side to work when playing mp3 files, it (most of the time) jumps to the next or previous track. Really pisses me off, considering the Storm sounds better than my Zune 120 OR my ipod touch 2g 32gb!!!!

Also, while playing tracks, 1 song ended and before the next came up my Storm froze. 2 battery pulls later and it's somewhat working again. The volume rocker is still the same BTW, thank gawd for Slacker Radio!!!

I have every intention of ditching both of the other players once this gets the proper FW updates, it's pretty damn amazing!!!!
    Last edited by nywytboy68; 02-08-09 at 06:38 AM.
    02-08-09 06:34 AM
    Loving 99. Phone does have random re boots when taking pictures. Other than that is great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 08:52 AM
620 ... 2122232425
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD