FYI - I deleted the 4.7.0.99 Waiting Room thread. Though entertaining and dramatic, it's not a thread that adds value to this forum in its continued existence. Everything has a time and a place, and the time for that particular thread is over now that the wait is.

For anybody who is under the notion that mods or anyone we're blocking a leak and I came on to clean things up, you're completely, completely wrong. I read through some of the threads on the board today and couldn't help but laugh at some of it. Re: last night. I was out for the night and when I came home and checked the forums (something I always do) I noticed how out of control things were. Regardless of the lead up, there was only one solution... do some digging for .99. It's out, all is good, be happy everyone and keep the peace.
    very much appreciated Kevin. and I agree with you on the mods blocking leaks. the only thing I could think of was the salem witch trials back in.. what was it. the late 1600s?
    02-01-09 04:31 PM
    sorry for the repost of this but my question got lost in the madness:

Got the App Reload: 507 in the middle of updating for the very first time.

After reconnected to the desktopmanager, i did an install and had to choose each program as they were not choosen by default.

after reloading the phone was bare, no apps, no info, etc.

I restored from my backup. i now have all my contacts, settings, etc.

BUT, i lost my 3rd party apps. all of them.

i guess the backup i did in desktop manager only backed up the databases. and i guess it only backs up your 3rd party apps in the regular upgrade process, but since my upgrade went haywire, this 3rd party app backup was lost?

so i guess i need to reload them all?
    02-01-09 04:32 PM
    ok i installed the .99 i don't see where i can get messenger and i did a battery pull
    Open the DTM/App loader. Hit add apps. Make sure BBM is check marked.

cpanneko: No the phone will not re-lock.
    02-01-09 04:34 PM
    Pros:
    Seems alittle snappier
    Go button on the keyboard
    No reboots after 4 hours
    No VSOD

Cons:
    Camera selection caused a reboot (hasn't happened since the first time) Batt pull.

Haven't had it long enough to really say much more. All of my apps seem to work:
    Jewberry
    Luach
    Weatherbug
    Fox News
    Youtube
    Slacker
    02-01-09 04:38 PM
    thats not even a option does that mean i didnt download it right i deleted the vendor.xlm or whatever and was i suppose to unplug the internet or just continue
    02-01-09 04:43 PM
    PROBLEM, I had .90 and went to install .99. Everything went smooth until the end where it said error and then my phone was bricked. I have done this before and I do not know what I missed? Any suggestions would be great! Thank you!
    02-01-09 04:45 PM
    was i supposed to wipe the headset first?
    02-01-09 04:47 PM
    That's not needed. If a batpull didn't fix the issue the BBM app may not be installed on the device.m What do you mean tho? What wasn't an option.
    02-01-09 04:50 PM
    have you tried logging into BIS and re-pushing your service books?
    02-01-09 04:54 PM
    Alright updated this morning and after using it for the day here is what i have noticed....

Battery life is pretty much the same as before... i take it off the charger just before i go to work and by the time i get home it is in the last bar of life...

All processing seems to take a little longer than it had with .90... took forever to load crackberry...

Camera issue fixed, thankfully that was killing me!

font size on keyboard is small again, dont like that one bit but i will deal with it...

The big thing with me with .90 is the freezing. Usually at work, i am playing Tiltris, listening to music, and BBMing. And it had been freezing anywhere between 5 and 10 times per day, not including having to do 2nd and 3rd batt pulls due to the VSOD. with .99 i had 2 freezes today... not good, but sooo much better.

Overall, i think it is a slight step back with the basics, but im ok with that since the freezes have been cut in half! So with the reduction of freezes, ITS A WINNER! Interested to see other people's thoughts
    02-01-09 05:00 PM
    yeah i re sent the service books and when i went into apploader it just showed all of my 3rd party stuff no bbm or other device stuff and when i uploaded the .99 i didn't have a list of things like use to see like lang mess you know all the stuff that comes on your phone when you get a application upgrade
    02-01-09 05:05 PM
    All seems to be working after .99 update except WeatherBug App. Icon is there app loads but I cant add a location. It seems to hang when searching.
    02-01-09 05:08 PM
    I had the same problem with it hanging on location, but tried it again an hour later.

Looks like WeatherBug is now working for me. I'll keep .99 on for a few days and see how it goes.
    02-01-09 05:08 PM
    yeah i re sent the service books and when i went into apploader it just showed all of my 3rd party stuff no bbm or other device stuff and when i uploaded the .99 i didn't have a list of things like use to see like lang mess you know all the stuff that comes on your phone when you get a application upgrade
    Try del. the vendor xml file again. Then in the same folder hit the apploader icon and your device software should be displayed. Make sure everything you want on the phone is checked marked and hit next/finish to install the missing apps.
    02-01-09 05:09 PM
    i downloaded 4.7 core applications properties that what it said and i went to about and its said i have .99 so i'm a little confused
    02-01-09 05:09 PM
    i already deleted the vendor that apploader icon fixed thanks man
    02-01-09 05:33 PM
    I dont know if anyone else has run into this problem. But whenever you take a picture and it doesnt matter if its in the landscape mode or upright when you take it. Whenever you try and post it to like myspace or flikr when using the storm it post side ways! I know you can rotate the pictures but even when you rotate them it does the same thing! I know cause I tried to post a picture after rotating it each time. So basically I always have to send my pictures to my laptop and rotate them and save them. Then they are upright like they should be. Also when looking at the picture of course it seems upright just when you try and post it via myspace etc. Directly from your storm it shows you that it will post sideways any ideas anyone?
    02-01-09 05:47 PM
    I dont know if anyone else has run into this problem. But whenever you take a picture and it doesnt matter if its in the landscape mode or upright when you take it. Whenever you try and post it to like myspace or flikr when using the storm it post side ways! I know you can rotate the pictures but even when you rotate them it does the same thing! I know cause I tried to post a picture after rotating it each time. So basically I always have to send my pictures to my laptop and rotate them and save them. Then they are upright like they should be. Also when looking at the picture of course it seems upright just when you try and post it via myspace etc. Directly from your storm it shows you that it will post sideways any ideas anyone?
    it's always done that.. no clue why
    02-01-09 05:53 PM
    Wow thats what I figured just wondering if anyone is going to make a fix for that at all. Thanks for answering at least I know I'm not the only one that notice it or its happening to.
    02-01-09 05:55 PM
    Well, .90 is no good, is there a new release for the europen STORM 9500?
    02-01-09 06:06 PM
    thanks!!! .90 was getting really annoying... i've never downgraded to an older OS but .90 got me to consider it!!!
    02-01-09 06:40 PM
    I'm REALLY suprized to not have had ANY issues yet with .99!! The OS seems slick so far! I can get to my menu options fine (couldn't get to Phone Options on .90), accelerometer seems fast, still QWERTY keypad in portrait, Camera IS MUCH FASTER than any other version to-date, No Freeze ups yet, no memory leak noticed yet. Only "new" feature I've seen is that when you're typing a web address or search term in the Google Search the "return key" now says a big green "GO".
    02-01-09 06:45 PM
    okay, anyone else out there using a Google Apps address for Google Talk?

I am, so I have an @ sign in my username for gtalk... unfortunately it looks like the upgraded gtalk app doesnt work well with it.
    instead of "[email protected]" it shows "mike.example" logging in.

alas, i am unable to log in to my gtalk

looks like i'll be downgrading to the 2.2.2 version from the app center.

any ideas? anyone else seeing this?
    02-01-09 08:27 PM
    I might sound like a dumbass askin this but WHERE is the calculator on the .99 release??

the .99 is wonderful by the way. ALOT better than the glitchy freak they called the .90.
    02-01-09 08:43 PM
    any other sites to download from?
    02-01-09 09:30 PM
620 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD