I've noticed one new bug - it seems the Blackberry button sometimes activates the application switcher. I know it does this when you hold it, but this is a simple push. I'm not sure what the pattern is for when it happens.

Also, and this has been the case since .76 for me but I'm just now realizing I've never mentioned it.. the applications folder on my phone almost always opens scrolled down past the first row when the phone is in landscape. My icons occupy four rows. So, every time I want to open one of the first applications in the folder, I have to scroll up. Pretty odd.
    02-01-09 01:52 PM
    Also, and this has been the case since .76 for me but I'm just now realizing I've never mentioned it.. the applications folder on my phone almost always opens scrolled down past the first row when the phone is in landscape. My icons occupy four rows. So, every time I want to open one of the first applications in the folder, I have to scroll up. Pretty odd.
    I have been getting that too. Its pretty annoying.

The only other blemish i see here after a quick perusal is the color issue.
    02-01-09 02:03 PM
    im going to be installing this when i get home from work!!!! or mybe i should wait to the offical release
    02-01-09 02:09 PM
    Where is my Browser icon? It seems to have gone poof...lol and i dont know if its hidden?
    02-01-09 02:10 PM
    I update know to 0.99 and i can't hear when i make calls from the handset earspeaker.. But i can only if i connect Headsets... Manyone ?? plese help becuz i hate headsetsss
    02-01-09 02:23 PM
    Where is my Browser icon? It seems to have gone poof...lol and i dont know if its hidden?
    mine too???
    02-01-09 02:27 PM
    What exactly is a vendor xml? I am with Telus and I dont see it.
    Thanks
    02-01-09 02:34 PM
    Verizon Wireless
    02-01-09 02:36 PM
    I went into the file where it should be but there is nothing called apploader...Am I doing something wrong? Im running .76. And I am also having probs with backing up...I cleared the cache etc and that still didnt help.
    02-01-09 02:40 PM
    can some one please make and post a torrent file of this dl im having problems with mega upload for some reason thank you.
    02-01-09 02:51 PM
    Sofar:

Pro:
    the browser seems faster
    There is a "go" button now

Con:
    Weather bug doesn't work any more

I really like the weather bug too. May have to roll back to get weather bug back.

Anyone else having this issue?
    02-01-09 02:59 PM
    I am using weatherbug and it works great. Which one are you using.
    02-01-09 03:02 PM
    Hey guys, anyword on the problem about not being able to hear when makeing a call, from handset earspeaker??
    02-01-09 03:05 PM
    Has anyone updated to .99 using a BES?

I wont be able to speak with my IT department for a week so i don't want to lose access to my email.

Dose this version automatically reset all emails? or will i have to speak to my IT dept again?

Thanks in advance!!
    Merrell every OS update will wipe out your BES activation unless you do it from a computer that is connected to your BES server. I usually do mine from my company laptop with an internet connection and my VPN client connected, after the OS update just be patient and leave the phone connected to the computer and after a few minutes it will reactivate on the enterprise server.
    02-01-09 03:11 PM
    heres a torrent link.

//isohunt.com/torrent_details/63984977/?tab=summary&babelfish

just add the http: to it
    Thanks for the torrent, much faster than megaupload! I'm at 50% after just a few minutes.
    02-01-09 03:13 PM
    Ok I am somewhat new to all of this but for the second time I am questioning why both .90 and now .99 are being referred to as a "leak" Both times I have gone to the official Blackberry website to check for new downloads available and have been able to download these "leaked" version directly from Blackberry.......not Verizon but Blackberry...
    02-01-09 03:36 PM
    I've being wanting to upgrade my Storm for the past month or so, but I've being reluctant cause all the issues with the different software versions, but this time looks that .99 is almost perfect. I want some guidance if you guys don't mind, Here is a pic of the App. loader when I was almost about to do it but I decided to wait and ask for some feedback before taking the plunged.
    Last edited by jmr0311; 02-01-09 at 03:58 PM.
    02-01-09 03:48 PM
    acceptionaly faster than .90. camera is nearly perfect. hardly any lag. applications load faster.
    some problems. brick breaker and word mole seem to freeze alot. its not a bigg deal. its just something i have noticed
    and i dont know wthat everyone is talking about. the letters for typing are not any smaller...?
    02-01-09 03:50 PM
    FYI - I deleted the 4.7.0.99 Waiting Room thread. Though entertaining and dramatic, it's not a thread that adds value to this forum in its continued existence. Everything has a time and a place, and the time for that particular thread is over now that the wait is.

For anybody who is under the notion that mods or anyone we're blocking a leak and I came on to clean things up, you're completely, completely wrong. I read through some of the threads on the board today and couldn't help but laugh at some of it. Re: last night. I was out for the night and when I came home and checked the forums (something I always do) I noticed how out of control things were. Regardless of the lead up, there was only one solution... do some digging for .99. It's out, all is good, be happy everyone and keep the peace.
    02-01-09 03:55 PM
    I've being wanting to upgrade my Storm for the past month or so, but I've being reluctant cause all the issues with the different software versions, but this time looks that .99 is almost perfect. I want some guidance if you guys don't mind, Here is a pic of the App. loader when I was almost about to do it but I decided to wait and ask for some feedback before taking the plunged.
    Every single OS that leaks everyone says is perfect. You have to wait a few days and all the bugs will start to surface.
    02-01-09 04:14 PM
    how do i get my bbmessenger back?
    02-01-09 04:15 PM
    via DM install it there.
    02-01-09 04:17 PM
    how do i get my bbmessenger back?
    DM or try a battery pull
    02-01-09 04:20 PM
    ok i installed the .99 i don't see where i can get messenger and i did a battery pull
    02-01-09 04:26 PM
    Hey guys i'm completly new at this.

I have an unlocked 9530 that i'm using on Rogers. Just wondering that if i upgrade the OS will it re-lock (SIM) the phone??

Sorry to bug you guys i"m anxious to give this new one a try but am a little cautious.

Thanks,

CP
    02-01-09 04:28 PM
620 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD