Im going to wait, because when .90 came out, everyone was like "this is the best leak ever! this is going to be official!" then out of no where i installed it, and everything froze, and everyone a day later HATED it
    02-01-09 01:25 AM
    Thank you to everyone who has gone out of their way to get these leaks out to us. Thank you for also making such a great resource like this site.

You guys rock!!

+1000 ...many thanks, this is an excellent way to close the night!
    Download it and install it on your curve and see...

kidding.. its the operation system for a phone you don't have if your avatar info is correct...
    thats funny lol
    wouldnt be if he actually did it though
    i know this is late but I would like to thank Kevin for his entrance into this forum. Since the storm was released a lot of the forums seemed so hostile . And as much as I would sometime get angry with the phone I have to remember it's just technology. Computer have perfected the core of computers but computers still don't always do what you want them to. Just the fact that RIM and other developers are working round the clock to release new OSs should tell us that they understand our frustration and they are standing by there customers to fix it.Everything in this world is a process and RIM is just going through it with this phone.
    YESSSSSSSSSSS menu options work !!! on the dialpad... now i can have FREE VM and no more min cointed on my bill
    02-01-09 01:26 AM
    Kevin, to whoever is responsible for this leak: Thank you very much.
    02-01-09 01:27 AM
    230 am...better be worth it
    02-01-09 01:27 AM
    sleep mode?
    02-01-09 01:28 AM
    230 am...better be worth it
    it is trust me
    02-01-09 01:29 AM
    this is the first time i've been on the forums when a leak released, pretty exciting stuff. my roommate always makes fun of me when he sees the banner of crackberry on my screen at 2-3am. i remembered seeing rumors about the leak today, so decided to check it when i got in for the night, and here i am installing it on my BB right now. thanks for the leak!
    02-01-09 01:36 AM
    So yeah, I'm on the phone with this chick, she says she's going to log into her facebook real quick, so I log into crackberry while she's doing that. I guess I'll have to call her tomorrow and apologize for disappearing on her.
    02-01-09 01:42 AM
    Thank you so much Kevin!!! We all remain hopeful for that ideal storm!!! Thank you for the leak!!!
    02-01-09 01:43 AM
    well im going to bed, tried it for a while, but I need my sleep time too hehe. good night everyone, and thanks again kevin!

hmm page 10 atm wonder what it will be tomorrow when I wake up
    02-01-09 01:43 AM
    *Menu then phone options work. Now you have enhanced audio and all the other things we didnt have in the .90.
    *Font are smaller better positioned.
    *Phone is faster even with the fade
    *Camera responce and saves really better
    *Multi selection and deletion of mails/sms now WAY faster and doable.
    *Rotate screen a little slower but @ least responsive if you have your 2 hands on it, remember this is not an iphone.
    *Hour glass comes less when places that i would have had it for 10 sec.
    *Keyboard says GO butoon instead of the ENTER sign
    *HTTP error 413 still comes up so people you still need MINI OPERA
    *Browsing is reasably faster i guess. I havent tried much, but cleared cache and everything so it should have taken more time but it didnt
    *PHONE IS FATER!!!

Thanks LEAKER... Thanks Kevin... Thanks Every 1 who helped. Let me know if you need from me anthing... Im here to help too as usual

Will continue tomorrow guys. Im heading to bed to play with the new OS alittle, wife is pregnant with twins and sleeping,,, so My only GF is the new OS tonight
    02-01-09 01:44 AM
    OMG the wait is over, .90 has been the worst ever for me. Kevin you ROCK P.S. CX you also ROCK . To bad but there will always be bad apples!
    02-01-09 01:45 AM
    i have been skimming these forums for a while, but i haven't seen anyone metion this, so forgive me if it has been. but, randomly, if i accidently hit the mute button on my phone while it was in my pocket, it would play a video on my phone. hope this bug is fixed because this was bad at work haha.
    02-01-09 01:49 AM
    Thanks Kevin,

Well said.........
    02-01-09 01:50 AM
    Lets just hope this isn't gonna be as worthless as all of the other releases. There is almost no point in downloading these. I always just end up going back to the last official release. (.75) I am passed the point where I think pulling my battery 3 -4 times is ok. It is not. I love my phone but this is in no way acceptable. Everyone is just in denial about it.

Anyway. I don't have high hopes for this update.
    02-01-09 01:54 AM
    Kevin is the man!!! Lol

Was about to go to bed 30 minutes ago and decided to check CB from my phone...had to rush and grab the laptop!

Installed and running good so far...fixed my phone options error I was having with .86/.90 so we'll see how it does throughout the day!
    02-01-09 01:55 AM
    Just finished the install - I had a bit of a scare though when I received a warning that none of my preferences or app data (emails, SMS, etc) were restored, and sure enough the phone was in stock condition. Restoring from a backup of my preferences now, hopefully that works and I'll be able to begin taking a look at it.

All I really want fixed with this one is an issue I was having with the number pad in Phone.. I'd get one with random symbols, letters, numbers, and characters that was of no use when i needed to check my voicemail.
    02-01-09 01:56 AM
    immediate things ive noticed:

-as said, the fonts on the home screen icons are back to the old size (those of .75)
    -letter size on all keyboards are smaller than on .90.. on landscape qwerty the !123 key seems like the letters are too small that it looks uncrisp
    -boot time has sped up a lot (for me anyway)
    -accelerometer is pretty much the same as .90
    -fade transitions are back, which is nice, the switch is as fast as .90 but with the fades
    -i got media card inserted but it went away right after it showed itself (ive gotten it on other os's, and only once encountered the VSOD)

thats all i got so far
    YEA I GOT THE MEDIA CARD INSERTED, but it went right away, havent see any differences except what youve said, no freezes yet!!!!
    02-01-09 01:57 AM
    Just finished the install - I had a bit of a scare though when I received a warning that none of my preferences or app data (emails, SMS, etc) were restored, and sure enough the phone was in stock condition. Restoring from a backup of my preferences now, hopefully that works and I'll be able to begin taking a look at it.

All I really want fixed with this one is an issue I was having with the number pad in Phone.. I'd get one with random symbols, letters, numbers, and characters that was of no use when i needed to check my voicemail.
    Ya got that to, then restores from backup. All is well
    02-01-09 01:58 AM
    Holy slow download. 40 minutes haha.

.90 was the shi** for the first two days for me.. I hope this one stays strong.
    02-01-09 01:59 AM
    Thank you !
    02-01-09 01:59 AM
    MENU,OPTIONS on dialpad... PHONE OPTIONS? working?
    It is fine for me, but then I've never had a problem with that.

This OS seems a bit slower than .90 to me. Anyone else feel that way? I did two batt pulls. I'm not saying it's slow, just not as snappy as .90 was...at least on my phone.

Obviously it will take awhile to find any problems with how it works, but I did have a snag while loading it. This was the first OS I've loaded that had an error after loading in regards to settings and things. I had to load my settings and data separately after the OS install. Weird. Everything seems to be there now though.
    02-01-09 02:03 AM
620 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD