Updated os but the Browser is gone, it says contact verizon to have service books sent.
    Last edited by littlkj5; 04-30-09 at 02:53 PM.
    04-30-09 02:50 PM
    Besides the lock (I use stormslider anyway) and quicklaunch (they will come out with an update) problem, .141 seems to be working pretty well. Everything seems to be working just a little bit faster for me. Thats just me though. I would recommend the update.
    04-30-09 02:52 PM
    Installed .141 but want to get QuickLaunch working again. Can someone explain the process to fix it? Do I copy the above three files into .141's Java folder and reinstall .141?
    or you can load them 3 files via crackutil.
    04-30-09 02:54 PM
    Updated os but the Browser is gone, it says contact verizon to have service books sent.
    Options > Advance Options > Host Routing Table then hit the BB button then Register now.
    04-30-09 02:54 PM
    I must say for me, this by far is the best OS yet and I have downloaded every one so far. This time I thought I would do the wipe with JL Cmdr just to see if I noticed a difference. I don't know if it is because I did the wipe or if it is this OS, but I have seen a huge improvement in free memory. I have never seen higher that 38 available and it would leak on down to the low 20s. After I wiped and installed .141 I started out with 49.3 and have never gone below 43 yet after running it for 12 hours. I also do not have the lock problem everyone is talking about. Mine locks and unlocks just as it as always but much faster IMO.
    This was pretty much the result when I downloaded .132. Everything was faster but the biggest difference was when I made my app menu only 16 icons, my free mem shot from 36 to 48. I have not done a quickpull for 2 days and my mem is 34.

I have read many times that the JL wipe is the same as the DM, so you think the OS did that much? I am pretty happy with .132 but always intrigued to find better....

How large was the OS?
    04-30-09 02:56 PM
    Options > Advance Options > Host Routing Table then hit the BB button then Register now.
    sweet it worked!
    thanks!
    04-30-09 02:56 PM
    Don't do it. .132 much more stable for the speed. Audio Boost and color banding is not fixed in .141 and a whole host of new issues. Stick with .132.
    That's what I've been thinking. I think I'm going to hold off until the next leak or look at the 5.0 hybrids.

Thanks
    04-30-09 03:00 PM
    I seem to be having some issues upgrading to the new OS. When I plug my phone it, it doesnt seem like the new OS is something that is going to be uploaded to my phone. There are a bunc of things that are going to be uploaded, but not the 4.7 applications, etc.

Following are what appear when I plug my phone in to upgrade:
    AOL Instant Messenger
    Email Setup Application
    Blackberry Application Center
    Blackberry Crypto 2 Library
    Blackberry Crypto 3 Library
    GSA CAC Smart Card Driver Library
    PIV Smart Card Driver Library
    Blackberry CMS Library
    Blackberry S/MIME Email Library
    Blackberry Fast Predictive Input Method LIbrary
    Brickbreaker
    Blackberry Attachment Service
    Google Talk
    Blackberry Maps
    Memo Pad
    Password Keeper
    Phone
    Blackberry ECMAScript Library
    Tasks
    Widows Live Messenger
    Word Mole

And then I get this message: "The system applications that are currently installed on your device are newer than those available with this version of the Blackberry Device Softwware. Click Options if you want to install the older applications."

I'm not sure what to do at all. doesnt look like anything has been updated. I've tried a few times and get the same results.
    Last edited by smarkow; 04-30-09 at 03:17 PM.
    04-30-09 03:02 PM
    ok these are the things i found as far as my experience with 141 so far.

The keyboard in portrait view is the original style keyboard. Don't know why they would go back to that after changing it in 132.

Acceleromater seems a lil slower but not to the point of slow with .75 but seems slower than 132

The lock seems to work well on mine. No issues with that

browser seems a lil faster but not to the point where i'm jumping for joy. lol

and thats bout it.
    04-30-09 03:02 PM
    or you can load them 3 files via crackutil.
    Never used crackutil. do you have a link?
    04-30-09 03:09 PM
    Wow. Wow. After .132 I was considering downgrading back to .109, but I'm glad I took the plunge to .141.

It is MUCH snappier than .132. This is the fastest I've ever seen my Storm.
    My massive memory leak (got down to 500 kB of free mem after 8 hours of use in .132) is resolved so far. I'm holding steady at 25-30 megs with a giga-frak-ton of apps.

I thought I bricked my Storm after the first battery pull when it went black and was completely non-responsive for a few minutes. Another battery pull fixed that, though.

Can't wait to see what .2XX and 5.0 bring!!
    04-30-09 03:10 PM
    So to clarify, what would be the easiest way to get my quicklaunch working again? I generally use apploader to run my updates. Take those 3 files from the .132 folder and put it into the .141 folder, then just use apploader to do the update? or do I need to use these other update utilities everyone is mentioning?
    04-30-09 03:10 PM

best OS for me so far. Snappier in general, little to no memory leak (was at 53mb when i installed it this morning, currently at 48mb...!). Browser is good, radio is definately better than .132 (it was **** in that one!! goddamn). Navigating through menus is much faster. accel is quick n smooth.

unlock/lock bug, but i use a password anyway, so...means jack to me

by far the best one i have used so far. no mem leak, its quick, and it doesnt do the crazy screen glitches like .132 did.
    Last edited by lachlancrawford; 04-30-09 at 03:15 PM.
    04-30-09 03:12 PM
    This was pretty much the result when I downloaded .132. Everything was faster but the biggest difference was when I made my app menu only 16 icons, my free mem shot from 36 to 48. I have not done a quickpull for 2 days and my mem is 34.

I have read many times that the JL wipe is the same as the DM, so you think the OS did that much? I am pretty happy with .132 but always intrigued to find better....

How large was the OS?
    I think the overall file was 104MB. I honestly can't say for absolute sure that the JL wipe is what did it but I have to almost bet it did because, like I said, I have downloaded every OS and in the findings for some of them people talk about having 40 and 50 free which was a far cry from my 25-32 (that is the range I was at most of the time regardless of the OS). Then I decided to do a JL wipe just to check it out since I hadn't ever done it before and low and behold my memory shot up a good 15 megs and has been holding at above 40 so far. I didn't adjust any icons and didn't remove any applications I had previously either.

Hope this helps!
    04-30-09 03:14 PM
    Is anyone else having a problem with Quicklaunch freaking out when it's launched? On straight .141 OS Just read about it a couple post up. Is there anymore info on this?
    Last edited by 05Midnight; 04-30-09 at 03:17 PM.
    04-30-09 03:14 PM
    Can someone just tell me if its worth it to update from .132 to .141....is there any major improvement?
    04-30-09 03:17 PM
    Alright, you win!! Gonna give it a shot. Thanks for the encouragement!

post as soon as you are done , i would like to know what you think
    04-30-09 03:18 PM
    I wonder what version does this .cod comes from? .122, .131 or .132? Not that it really matters, but I'm just wondering.
    .122 TeH PLAYA, I think..lol You can check the versions of them in crackutil.
    04-30-09 03:19 PM
    omg my browser has disappeared!!! i tried *228 with options 1 and then 2, i tried a battery pull and have rinsed and repeated 3 times! how do i get my browser back???

Never mind! it came back! that was waaaay scary though. ~shivers~
    there is almost the same message every few pages in this thread. similar ones in every new OS thread. why do people bother sending the message after the issue is fixed?
    04-30-09 03:20 PM
    Finally got the os on my Storm after bricking. Seems very comparable to .132 but I'm hoping battery life and app mem get better.
    One issue though, with full bars on 1XEV i wasn't able to receive or send emails, not after routing tables and service books. Pulled battery and it looks like it's working. Hoping this doesn't happen again but if it does, I'm going back to .132.
    04-30-09 03:21 PM
    Is anyone else having a problem with Quicklaunch freaking out when it's launched? On straight .141 OS Just read about it a couple post up. Is there anymore info on this?
    Yes, this is a confirmed bug with the .141 release, some people have been able to fix this by replacing these 3 files in their os folder with previous versions:

net_rim_cldc.cod
    net_rim_bb_apps_framework.cod
    net_rim_cldc_io_impl.cod

This seems to be a 50/50 fix, it works for some people, for others it has bricked the phone. It bricked mine when I tried it, so I guess I will see if QL will be updated for .141, if Not I'm going to downgrade back to .132
    04-30-09 03:23 PM
    For those of you having issues with Quicklaunch, see if this fixes it. How To Fix QuickLaunch Issues on .141 Thanks to Lyric for the help with this.
    04-30-09 03:24 PM
    I just found that I had my network technology setting at Global instead of
    1XEV. Apparently it's really easy to accidentally and incorrectly set it when you're installing an OS update. So, in Options, Mobile Network, it may be worth checking yours. Apparently unless you're traveling outside the U.S., the default should be 1XEV. Got this info from the below site:

BlackBerry Storm Forum - TIP: Make sure your phone is NOT in GSM/Global mode--faster data/better calls
    04-30-09 03:27 PM
    what is best for this OS: App Loader or DM???
    04-30-09 03:29 PM
    what is best for this OS: App Loader or DM???
    i have always found App loader is the best and easiest way

DM sometimes works sometimes doesnt , so now i have been in the habit of always using apploader
    04-30-09 03:31 PM
1,014 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD