I don't get why everyone is complaining about the "lock". I think it is the best new feature. I first notice it on .132 I use a case with a magnet and before .132 you would put phone in case and it would lock, when you pull it out you had to press unlock key to unlock. Well now it still locks and dims automatically but when you pull it out it also unlocks automatically. One less step and it's quicker! Hope they never change that..
    05-01-09 05:14 PM
    I don't get why everyone is complaining about the "lock". I think it is the best new feature. I first notice it on .132 I use a case with a magnet and before .132 you would put phone in case and it would lock, when you pull it out you had to press unlock key to unlock. Well now it still locks and dims automatically but when you pull it out it also unlocks automatically. One less step and it's quicker! Hope they never change that..
    I agree with you on that. I dont see the Lock trick an actual Bug. I think they are intending to make it that way. More easier to use. But then again, I have StormSlider so its not a big deal to me.
    05-01-09 05:17 PM
    So quick, in fact, that it sometimes unlocks before I even decide I want to pull my phone out of my pocket and unlock it!
    05-01-09 05:19 PM
    I agree with you on that. I dont see the Lock trick an actual Bug. I think they are intending to make it that way. More easier to use. But then again, I have StormSlider so its not a big deal to me.

The only reason it might be a problem would be for those that don't use a case with magnet..Then you could just use a 3rd party to fix that.
    05-01-09 05:21 PM
    I agree, I love that i dont have to Push the button to unlock, it just works right out of the case.
    05-01-09 05:23 PM
    So quick, in fact, that it sometimes unlocks before I even decide I want to pull my phone out of my pocket and unlock it!
    Haven't had that problem and I can tell you that the magnet is on the door of my case and if you just open door without taking out phone it will unlock and give you a feeling that it was unlock the whole time.. If you have a similar case test it without opening case door and you will see it is still locked.
    05-01-09 05:27 PM
    I abandoned this wreck in under 24 hours. There's the obvious screen lock issue, and on top of that, the typing lag was the worst I've experienced on ANY Storm OS, and I've used basically every leaked 9530 OS since .75.
    same here man. its really bad. touching one side of the key pad lights up the other side. this is really bad, i cant type. i don't get this guys. this fix one thing and mess up 10 others.
    05-01-09 05:38 PM
    Haven't had that problem and I can tell you that the magnet is on the door of my case and if you just open door without taking out phone it will unlock and give you a feeling that it was unlock the whole time.. If you have a similar case test it without opening case door and you will see it is still locked.
    While it may (emphasis on may) be great for people using a case with a sleeper magnet, you shouldn't (and RIM certainly shouldn't) assume that all Storm users use such a case, especially since RIM and/or Verizon decided to sell the sleeper case separately instead of shipping it in the box.
    05-01-09 05:40 PM
    And make that call too!
    05-01-09 05:48 PM
    51 pages of complaining, 45 are probably user error............

QuickLaunch problem solved!
    Lock problem solved!

Watching for memory leak and battery life............
    05-01-09 05:48 PM
    I have run this test on 113, 122, 132, and now 141. The best was 132 with 2.3% battery drain per hour, next was 113 at 5%, 141 is 6.3%, and 122 was 14%. Memory leakage was 500k/hr on 132 and is 1.3M on 141. 122 was the best with virtually no leakage. I will see if memory stabilizes at some level. It booted about 2Mb less than I had been getting since 113.
    05-01-09 06:11 PM
    Signal strength on mine is much improved with this release. So much more happy with the phone now. I have not had any issues with typing on the keyboard.
    05-01-09 06:18 PM
    i had the same problem and had to re-restore my data manually to get my calendar items back. now, my calendar won't show up in my today enabled themes.
    Have had the upgrade for a full day now. No problems other than the calendar issue. I also don't get a list of my most recent upcoming events when I highlight my calendar. But other than that, everything seems to work very well. I was reluctant to upgrade from .113 because it has worked with no hassle other than having to fix the MMS issue. But I didn't have to go in and replace that busted file with this upgrade. That was another nice plus.

All in all, it was worth the upgrade.
    05-01-09 08:21 PM
    I download and install the OS141 to my pc

Then download/run, and copy/paste the working file 5.0.0.09 from lyricidal.

Then used Lyricidal Shrink-A-OS, remove all the stuff I don't need, then selected Loader from shrink-a-os.

Followed the wizard install.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I guess I am not understanding what you are talking about but I deleted the
    .75 and the .65 I took the 4.7 desktop off and put on the 4.6 and it shows no OS's now will someone please help me, when I downloaded 132 last week it worked and not I can not do anything please help a struggling person out.
    05-01-09 08:25 PM
    Hey all, maybe a stupid question here and I apologize up front if this has already been asked and answered. I have updated my Storm to .141 using the DM on my computer. Can I also update my son's Storm using my DM? Will it allow me to back up his contacts and then do the upgrade? Also, he is still running .075, should I go to .132 before going to .141? Thanks for any help on this.
    05-01-09 08:44 PM
    Hey all, maybe a stupid question here and I apologize up front if this has already been asked and answered. I have updated my Storm to .141 using the DM on my computer. Can I also update my son's Storm using my DM? Will it allow me to back up his contacts and then do the upgrade? Also, he is still running .075, should I go to .132 before going to .141? Thanks for any help on this.
    Yes you can. The DM recognizes BB when you plug it in, it's not saved onto the computer. You can also back his up but I would suggest, when trying to save it, make sure you name the backup in such a way that you'll be able to see which backup goes to which BB.
    05-01-09 09:00 PM
    Install was easy from DM. However it failed to copy over my Calander. Not a big problem... just sync after it was done. I replaced the lock file from .132 which I was running previously. I saw no significant problems w/ .132. The phone does unlock when holding the power button for 5+ seconds. Not a big deal. Better then unlocking w/ just a tap. On boot went from 25mb in .132 to 30.5mb in .141. Not bad however down to 24 after 1 hour w/o touching it. Removed Weatherbug and a few other small apps w/ no change. Memory still leaking.
    05-01-09 09:10 PM
    DM (Desktop Manager) shows the available update, I select it, but it tell s me the phone requires no updates. End of story. Why is this not working?
    05-01-09 09:46 PM
    After I run the exe and shrink, do I have to move the removed files folder, text files and shrink an os program out of the java folder or can I leave them in? Thanks

05-01-09 09:54 PM
    I've been using .141 for a day now and I like it. No lock button fixed with free storm slider app. Music player has been acting up. no sound when going from one song to the next. sound is okay when skipping back and forth but not when playing from one song to the next. Shuffle is turned on.Anyone else having this issue?
    05-01-09 10:05 PM
    anyone else having problem with the LED light not working on .141?
    05-01-09 10:08 PM
    LeD issue I had after other installs. Try turning bedside mode on\off. Otherwise reinstalling os should permanently fix.
    I had issues with muted songs too

05-01-09 10:15 PM
    LeD issue I had after other installs. Try turning bedside mode on\off. Otherwise reinstalling os should permanently fix.
    I had issues with muted songs too

Thank you, turning the bedside mode off fixed things.
    05-01-09 10:17 PM
    hey guys,

i need help in installing Russian font, i've already copied all russian files in java folder, but once i run the installer, i dont have any options as far as Russian font goes...

do i need to copy any .alx files...

any help, highly appreciated....
    05-01-09 10:33 PM
    It has been good for me so far and an improvement from .122.

No lag on keyboard at all. Faster overall phone.

Camera is a little slower.

05-01-09 10:38 PM
1,014 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD