I read through about 15 pages of this and I've gotta say...this is the only leak I'm not enticed to download. I'm perfectly happy with .132, and until people start raving about how good this one is, I'll stay put
    04-30-09 12:08 PM
    I love days like this!!!! Downloading now
    I hate posts like this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    If you have a program like patternlock installed and set to your lock key, will it also be bypassed by this flaw, or will it still work correctly?
    how do i go about setting stormslider to my lock key? that would be insanely wonderful!

ps: would be great if someone would resond to this question in my message box. . .
    i had no problem with google maps

bootup seems a little faster, but still took ~ 3min

browser seems faster

App memory seems about the same as 132

restoring calendar failed, however syncing after the install restored my calendar
    04-30-09 12:10 PM
    OK, I have been having this certificate issue since I first downloaded some hybrid .141 files.

Can others please check this as it makes Instango flip out.

Go to Options>Security Options>Certificates

They all have green check marks except the last one:

VeriSign/RSA Secure Server Root

This one shows a yellow question mark.

After updating with the .132 COD to fix the lock issue I have been loving this build.

Very smooth and fast.

Most of the memory card/media player issues I was getting with .132 seem to be better.

Memory management is really good. I am pretty much in the 30 MB range and I am choking my phone with tons of APPS
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 04-30-09 at 12:14 PM.
    04-30-09 12:11 PM
    Loaded 141 this morning . A couple of items

This is not in Red or Blue as I don't see the screen lock as an issue - I actually like the fact that I can push any key to unlock - I wonder if its a bug or answer to a request?

I was running V4 Hybrid - don't see much of a change in performance but it did seem to reboot quicker after a battery pull

Battery Leak - Started with 49K - 6 hours later I'm at 43 and dropping.Not a good sign.

I may go back to version 4 of the Hybrid
    04-30-09 12:12 PM
    if you are having problems with the screen lock, use this its fast and ez and it works

How to Fix Lock Issue On .141
    04-30-09 12:12 PM
    Storm lock can be activated and only a push of the escape key w/unlock it. Not likely. Or, buy a holster w/a magnetic closure, which locks everything while in the holster.
    04-30-09 12:13 PM
    [QUOTE=NITZSP;2433608]
    Agreed , he used the best of 5.0/141/131/113/109 ... and it is by far the best OS i have used.[/QUOTE

HOW DO YOU SET THE LOCK BUTTON ON THE TOP LEFT OF THE PHONE TO USE STORMLOCK??

ALSO WHERE CAN I GO TO GET A HYBRID OS?? WHAT IS THE BEST HYBRID??

THIS IS MY FIRST UNOFFICIAL OS UPGRADE SO I WANT TO MAKE SURE I DO IT RIGHT AND GET OPTIMAL USE OOUT OF IT. I AM CURRENTLY RUNNING VERIZON OS .75.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANX!!

Hey !

Why the CAPS ????

You ANGRY ????

May I politely remind you that writing in CAPS is just about the same as shouting at someone just in front of you....

Not a really good thing, especially in a first post....

And, just so you know, there's a wonderful button (your best friend here) called "Search", which you can use to get answers to all your intreresting questions.

But hey, what do I know about that, just a thought....

All the best !
    04-30-09 12:14 PM
    After first installing color banding was gone....did my battery pull and it came back....wtf lol
    04-30-09 12:15 PM
    well, im finally downloading .141. wish me luck!

i think this has been asked but im not sure if it was answered, im currently running .75. will upgrading direct to 141 kill my BB? or should i go 122 then 141?
    04-30-09 12:16 PM
    OK, so I'm still on .75 but need to upgrade this phone since I can't stand not tinkering with it . Should I just go straight to .141 or either .132/5.0 w/.141 hybrid? The lock issue isn't a big deal to me since I've been using StormSlider. Thanks!
    04-30-09 12:16 PM
    Ok. So I updated to version .141 last night at launch. I was here installing and loading during the first page of this thread. I went from .132 to .141. The install had no problems and took approx. 32 minutes. After install I did two bat pulls, then *228 opt 1 and *228 opt 2 resent host routing and logged in to resend service books. bat. pull. restored my own personal back-up file and batt pulled. After this all was working well. My browser was initially missing, but the host routing resend fixed this. I am no new comer to the BB world, I just usually only lurked around the forums until recently. Read my signature, you can see I have used BB's and smartphones for awhile now. My upgrade method has been .65 > .75 > .113 > .132 > .141. I have been running .141 on my phone since about 1:45am. Its been almost twelve hours and I have put extensive tests in numerous ways on it. Here are my findings.

Browser is substantially faster, yes java problems can still arise but over all speed is great
    Screen is more responsive and applications load faster
    media loads well with the initial load taking awhile but the subsequent loads going fast
    Camera works much better, picture taking is what it should be
    No MMS issue that I can tell
    Radio signal is great, constantly steady and always in EVDO. Much better than .131 where i would switch from EVDO to evdo
    Memory is substantially better so far. On .131 I was running at about 23 but after install of .141 I have been at 43. It fluctuates slightly, but it is probably caused by my apps and it stays around 43
    boot time takes approx 2 and a half minutes now from batt pull to working
    Batt life is great. 4 hours with only 2% loss (that using browser to watch the forums too!)

There is a lock "issue" The phone now can unlock with the press of the buttons on the face. Doesn't bother me I use a pouch, but all hard buttons will allow you to unlock
    Certain 3rd party apps may not work with this os yet since it just came out and developers have not had a chance to update to the os

I upgraded from .131 to .141 and I think it is a great choice. overall the os is much more responsive and quicker to do what I want. It works like a BB should, and is one of the best builds i have ran to date. granted, I do not run hybrids so there could be a hybrid that is better than this, but as far as "official" leaks go this is the best to date. Lock issue sucks, but I don't use it and it is really only a nuesance more than anything else.
    Last edited by decentfreak; 04-30-09 at 12:22 PM.
    04-30-09 12:18 PM
    This is best one I have used so far holding at 53000000 bytes so far

04-30-09 12:19 PM
    if you are having problems with the screen lock, use this its fast and ez and it works

04-30-09 12:22 PM
    Wowwww, my battery is running way down ! I took it off the charger aroun 9EST and it is now 1:20EST and I have 35%. I have had 8 calls and probably 25 SMS. I have weatherbug and Ubertwitter and Facebook. Uber is set for 5 min and WB is 1hr. I know that kills it but it shouldn't that quick!
    I love days like this!!!! Downloading now
    I hate posts like this.

ROFL, I wouldn't say your post was a breath of fresh air either.
    Last edited by Lib_Tech; 04-30-09 at 12:39 PM.
    After the upgrade I noticed on BBM that if the person you are talking to is on the phone it doesn't give you the red x anymore. it just doesn't show the "D" next to the check mark saying it's delivered.
    04-30-09 12:23 PM
    this bricked my phone twice

quicklaunch fix is this.... just replace these 3 files from your .132 folder....

net_rim_cldc_io_impl.cod
    net_rim_bb_apps_framework
    net_rim_cldc.cod

credit goes to Lyricidal for finding this fix!
    04-30-09 12:24 PM
    - installation was easy and quick. did not have to delete vendor.xml
    - BB ui faster and more responsive.
    - camera load up instantly. no lag!
    - accelerometer is faster
    - Google Maps works well
    - There is now a cool green highlighted "GO" button on keyboard in browser when entering address.
    - Browser function and network speed is faster.

- QuickLaunch freaks out flickering until you exit it.
    - Lock button pretty much useless with the face buttons unlocking, but i use Storm Slider so no need to lock manually.
    - The damn Storm STILL doesn't make brownies or pie ... oh well.

Over all, i am happy with the upgrade. I have had my Storm for one week, so i upgraded straight from .75, or what ever the latest official OS is.

I hope QL can work well with it soon. But then again, this OS isn't "official release" so i am sure the QL dev isn't worried about updating his app to make us "leaker-loaders" happy.

It looks as if each Storm deals with the OS differently. There are good and bad findings. I think it's a 50/50. If you feel comfortable upgrading OS, go for it!

Thanks for the leak!

EDIT:
    - I reconnected BB to laptop to sync and Vista gave me an error saying it didn't recognize USB device. Then my BB froze with red led on. I did a battery pull, finished the setup wizard, connected BB to laptop, ran BB DM and all is well!
    Last edited by wryun; 04-30-09 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Added more info / findings
    04-30-09 12:24 PM
    Wowwww, my battery is running way down ! I took it off the charger aroun 9EST and it is now 1:20EST and I have 35%. I have had 8 calls and probably 25 SMS. I have weatherbug and Ubertwitter and Facebook. Uber is set for 5 min and WB is 1hr. I know that kills it but it shouldn't that quick!
    I would batt pull and charge again...something is wrong here
    04-30-09 12:26 PM
    Since when can't you do color in WAP?

since you're obviously a bigger geek than me and memorize all of teh codes on here

*coughstalkercough*.

btw "i dont use bbm" is the worst reason to not be friends ever.
    04-30-09 12:27 PM

now those are directions that are so simple that a caveman could follow....thanks!!
    04-30-09 12:29 PM
    Delete weatherbug. It drains the battery quick.
    04-30-09 12:32 PM
    [QUOTE=decentfreak;2433790]QUOTE]

Nice report - very thourough. Exactly the kind of information that should be here.
    04-30-09 12:33 PM
1,014 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD