i want to download the 109 but have never done this, ican download it but can someone give me directions on how to upload it into my phone
    03-02-09 04:02 PM
    i want to download the 109 but have never done this, ican download it but can someone give me directions on how to upload it into my phone
    1. Download .109 onto your pc
    2. Install onto your pc the .109 that you downloaded (double click the .exe file)
    3. After .109 is installed on your pc, open DM (Desktop Manager)
    4. Connect your BB Storm to your pc via the usb cable
    5. DM will recognize your BB (look for your PIN in the lower left corner of DM) and might begin upgrading your OS to .109 without any action from you. If it doesn't, go to DM/Application Loader/Update Software and load .109 from there by checking the box next to .109 . DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR BB FROM YOUR PC UNTIL UPGRADE IS COMPLETE.

I STRONGLY recommend that you backup your data and 3rd party apps before doing any upgrade.
    Last edited by falesq; 03-02-09 at 04:20 PM.
    03-02-09 04:18 PM
    Storm newbie.. just bought it yesterday. is there any reason I shouldn't download the .109 version?

everyone seems to have good things to say about it..
    03-02-09 04:48 PM
    I cannot get the DM to recognize the downloaded and installed .109 OS during the upgrade process. It only recognizes the .75 OS. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    03-02-09 05:46 PM
    I had to delete the vender.xml file for my upgrade to work. Worked great after that.
    03-02-09 05:50 PM
    I had to delete the vender.xml file for my upgrade to work. Worked great after that.
    My issue is that the .109 OS system does not show up in the list of OS systems you can install. Did deleting the XML file solve that?

I also forgot to mention that I am on Verizon. Will deleting the vender.xml file screw anything up?
    Last edited by tiger1a; 03-02-09 at 06:02 PM.
    03-02-09 05:56 PM
    You should uninstall all the other BB versions, except the one you want. Then delete the vendor.xml file. Note: do this with the DM closed, and BB not connected.
    03-02-09 06:00 PM
    Sorry to be a pita but I edited my orginal question about being a Verizon customer. Now I would like to know if I can rename the vendor.xml or move it so I can retrieve it if necessary.

Thanks again for your patience and help----I'm so close
    03-02-09 06:05 PM
    Update: Ascendo works fine after a reinstall. I am now rocking .109 Works great my first Beta app.
    03-02-09 06:10 PM
    Sorry to be a pita but I edited my orginal question about being a Verizon customer. Now I would like to know if I can rename the vendor.xml or move it so I can retrieve it if necessary.

Thanks again for your patience and help----I'm so close
    I am also on Verizon, but I still needed to delete it. It will go in the recycle bin, so you can always just restore (if you don't empty it).

Steps that I did:
    -removed all old version of the 9530 OS.
    -installed the leaked version of .109
    -deleted the vendor.xml file (save in deleted items if you want it back)
    -Opened up the DM (ver. 4.7)
    -plugged in the 9530, and it opened the upgrade process from there.

Maybe you have a bad download of .109, can you download it again?
    03-02-09 06:46 PM
    (this is my first post...please go easy on me)

i created an account just so I could pose this question:

I upgraded from .75 to .109 and, for the most part, I'm extremely happy with it. Only problem is...my browser seems to be slower...like ridiculously slow. Anyone else having this problem?
    03-02-09 06:47 PM

I upgraded from .75 to .109 and, for the most part, I'm extremely happy with it. Only problem is...my browser seems to be slower...like ridiculously slow. Anyone else having this problem?
    did you do a battery pull?
    03-02-09 07:13 PM
    My issue is that the .109 OS system does not show up in the list of OS systems you can install. Did deleting the XML file solve that?

I also forgot to mention that I am on Verizon. Will deleting the vender.xml file screw anything up?
    Delete Vendor.xml and make sure you PC CANNOT connect to the internet. This should allow the install. Good Luck!!
    03-02-09 07:16 PM
    did you do a battery pull?
    yeah...and the same thing happened about a month ago when i upgraded to .85. The browser took forever to load pages so I downgraded back to .75 thinking it was just a problem with .85. Is there a way I can kind of make my own hybrid so to speak by upgrading to .109 but using the .75 browser?
    03-02-09 07:27 PM
    anyone online that can PM or AIM me. im new to blackberry and to be honest im clueless. i would like to update but cant figure out where to start

any help would be great

AIM: gti243
    03-02-09 07:50 PM
    anyone online that can PM or AIM me. im new to blackberry and to be honest im clueless. i would like to update but cant figure out where to start

any help would be great

AIM: gti243
    You can start by downloading the .109 OS and then double clicking on it to install it to your computer. Then follow the rest of the steps listed in the walkthrough to install.

http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c29332/4.7.0.109a.exe

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 08:00 PM
    yeah ive got that much but i dont have/dont know how to open the device manage that the walk through mentions. plug the phone into the computer and get the "what do you want windows to do" box...

i have to be missing something stupid...i promise im not as incapable as this has to make me sound

i need to backup my phone before, correct??...pictures contacts apps etc
    03-02-09 08:05 PM
    If you installed the Desktop Manager software that came with your storm, then you can find it the start menu in the blackberry folder. If you didn't you can get it from https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...D2E8584255110F.

Using the included usb cable, connect the storm to the computer to make a connection.

You can do a backup by clicking the backup and restore tab in DM and clicking back up. To restore, you just go to backup and restore, choose restore and then pick the backup file to restore.

03-02-09 08:14 PM

I Dont know what to tell you man. Mine is crazy fast!
    03-02-09 08:28 PM
    I'd wait a couple months before you upgrade. get familair with device-so much to learn. Read up on upgrading and get organized.
    03-02-09 08:37 PM
    Tried to do a search for this but no luck, trying to see how to fix mms issue with .109 update, thanks in advance
    03-02-09 08:39 PM
    Tried to do a search for this but no luck, trying to see how to fix mms issue with .109 update, thanks in advance
    You can use the .103 instructions to fix the mms problem on .109.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/mm...-103-a-165151/

03-02-09 08:44 PM
    Just updated mines for the first time, and I'm proud to say that after about 20 minutes of the Blackberry version of Fear Factor, everything is great.
    03-02-09 08:45 PM
    If you installed the Desktop Manager software that came with your storm, then you can find it the start menu in the blackberry folder. If you didn't you can get it from
    Using the included usb cable, connect the storm to the computer to make a connection.

You can do a backup by clicking the backup and restore tab in DM and clicking back up. To restore, you just go to backup and restore, choose restore and then pick the backup file to restore.

ok downloaded and attempted to backup. runs backup and gets to tls options and then says there is an error backing up files
    03-02-09 08:58 PM
    ok downloaded and attempted to backup. runs backup and gets to tls options and then says there is an error backing up files
    You need to clear the cache for your browser. Open up the BB Browser, press the bb key and click options. Then click cache operations and clear each of the items on the following screen. Now go back into dm and attempt the backup again.

03-02-09 09:04 PM
1,365 ... 4546474849 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD