03-31-10 02:41 PM
1,365 ... 4142434445 ...
tools
    Finally got mine up and running on .109. Even if you have Verizon you have to delete vendor.xml file in #7 of the instructions.

All is well and it seemed very fast.....until I uploaded my music to the media card and then all of a sudden it got REAL slow. I did a battery pull and deleted the music and it is better but it still doesn't seem as fast as it was. Still showing mid 40's available memory. Anyone else having this issue?
    02-26-09 03:13 PM
    i used the mirror// ran the program no luck still on .75 help
    02-26-09 04:55 PM
    Back to .90....nothing since has been any better. Plus which they are all missing the larger font on the KB.
    02-26-09 05:02 PM
    I upgraded to .109 two nights ago and am very happy with it. A couple of things that do annoy me, when you're in portrait mode and in the "main menu" (and not the desktop w/ the wallpaper showing, not sure what to call it), then go to landscape and back to portrait, it doesn't take you to the "main menu", but rather the desktop w/ the wallpaper.

I also noticed that it is very slow to switch from landscape to portrait some times, and it's a bit slower than .75 to go in and come out of standby. I do like how while in standby pressing the screen doesn't activate the screen, thus wasting battery life lighting the screen to tell you it's in standby.

I noticed it added the "phone" icon to my menu.

Seems to be faster and less hanging/hourglass w/ normal use.

Can't wait for the next release!
    02-26-09 05:09 PM
    has anyone else had random battery life with .109? yesterday my phone was dead by 6 pm when i took it off the charger yesterday at 9 am... And then today I took it off the charger at the same time and have used it more today and have 85% battery life left???? Im confused?
    02-26-09 05:28 PM
    has anyone else had random battery life with .109? yesterday my phone was dead by 6 pm when i took it off the charger yesterday at 9 am... And then today I took it off the charger at the same time and have used it more today and have 85% battery life left???? Im confused?
    today my phone only lasted me 8 hours, same exact scenario, had it off the charger at 9 am, by 6 pm it was dead, and i used it mostly today for BBM, and email, that was really it.
    02-26-09 05:31 PM
    So are you guys missing the BB App Center? Sorry I just upgraded from 0.75 and I noticed I still have the Verizon App Center, but the BB one (which was never anything more than an icon) has disappeared...
    -Cyrus
    Nope, no problem with the app center on .109 but I did have a problem with it missing after I installed .103. But this was quickly remedied by resending my service books. Then I was able to get the app center back and clicking the refresh button gave me a list of the apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 07:37 PM
    Though I didnt install any leaked OS's since .86, (worked great for me) I kept a close eye on the forum posts from all of them. Consensus seemed the same... some loved em, some hated em. Skipped .99, .103 and the hybrids (love the enthusiasm here though!) But, I took the plunge and installed .109 on my storm. I absolutely love my phone again!! This is .86 (for me anyway) on steroids. (thanks A-Fraud!)

The phone has a zip about it now, like it is working with a sense of purpose, FINALLY!! No mms problems, no bbm problems, no VSOD, No random reboots, no crazy flashing led problem (my only issue with .86), outstanding battery life.

I do usually have to do 1 quickpull a day to refresh the memory from a slight memory leak, but I can soooo deal with that!
    For all those afraid to update to a leaked OS, bite the bullet... you have NO IDEA what you are missing!! I was afraid to for a while too, but BB's are difficult screw up permenantly. Just back it up and give it a shot!!

YOU WILL THANK ME!!
    02-26-09 11:27 PM
    Does anyone know if the .109 work ok with the 9500 Storm?? I�m afraid to install it and screw up my phone... I don�t really know much about this....
    02-27-09 10:49 AM
    I seriously don't think .109 is any faster than .75. I think people have been on other beta os for too long and none were as fast as .75, and once they switched to .109 it only seemed faster to them.
    i am considering going back to .75.

Someone posted that you need to delete vendor.xml file even if you are on verizon, what is the benefit of doing this, my install went smooth without deleting?
    02-27-09 11:00 AM
    .109 has been working great for two days. No battery life problems. No memory leak. No missed calls or random freezes. If you are running on BES, the update will completely reset your phone so make sure that you do a complete back-up before you upgrade and then restore from that file after. All things considered this is a fantastic upgrade. Still doesn't make me love the Storm, but it definitely improves the experience.
    02-27-09 11:14 AM
    After installing .109 got icon at top of screen that says 2F....the f is in a blue square...anybody know what this is? No biggie, doesn't seem to do anything...just wondering
    02-27-09 12:01 PM
    I can't be the only one....come on techies!!!
    02-27-09 12:09 PM
    After installing .109 got icon at top of screen that says 2F....the f is in a blue square...anybody know what this is? No biggie, doesn't seem to do anything...just wondering
    I had the same thing lol, since you technically reinstalled facebook app, the first intro messages come back. You need to go and view or delete them.
    02-27-09 12:14 PM
    I recommend anyone having problems with .109 to go back to .103, even you .75 guys. I really think you will like it.

I have .109 right now and the only problem I've had is my battery isn't as good as it was with .103. One thing I did notice for the battery life on .109 is the Weatherbug really drains it. To solve this, I deleted the Weatherbug and installed the shortcut for the Weather Channel. Honestly I think this is better. All you go is enter you zip code and it will memorize your location. Now you have your temperature and your 10 day forecast (I sound like a weatherman...jeez). I recommend the Weather Channel shortcut over weatherbug for anyone who is having battery problems.
    02-27-09 12:14 PM
    Google is your friend and so is the search on this forum. I will say one word and hopefully you will figure it out. "Facebook". I am not being an @ss i simply did a search on google for "2F Icon" then search results for "Blackberry" and got the info including links back here to CB.
    02-27-09 12:15 PM
    Google is your friend and so is the search on this forum. I will say one word and hopefully you will figure it out. "Facebook". I am not being an @ss i simply did a search on google for "2F Icon" then search results for "Blackberry" and got the info including links back here to CB.
    Geez... take it easy.

.109 is better than the last... looking forward to the official release!
    02-27-09 12:22 PM
    Good morning! I am trying to make a back up, I folow instruction, from Don Nugen
    "Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option. NOTE: If you get an error during this process, clear your browser cache (Browser > Menu Key > options > cache operation > clear all of them)"
    Tank it work well at the first lock 20% approximatively, but 2 days later it,s still lock up at almost 90% , under what I am able to read "Task Option" is there sombody able to help, I read a lot but didn't find or miss reading a tread please help Tank you!
    02-27-09 12:30 PM
    Thanks...no biggie and not offended....just wanted a answer....thought this would be the place.......all good...hollaback now!
    02-27-09 12:54 PM
    Must be all wives! mine was like 'You're doing that again?!?' lol
    Same here mkilla. When she asks that question I just answer "because I can"...LOL
    02-27-09 12:54 PM
    Can I install .109 using a Mac computer/ And what is DM? is that desktop manager
    02-27-09 01:09 PM
    today my phone only lasted me 8 hours, same exact scenario, had it off the charger at 9 am, by 6 pm it was dead, and i used it mostly today for BBM, and email, that was really it.
    I have an update with regard to battery life; I posted in another thread but there is a copy of the text below. Basically, I saw a huge problem with battery life initially and by playing with some settings and practices I have been able to double my life with the exact same OS/APP configuration. Today, I have been up and running for 6 hours and I still have 90% and this is a drastic difference with nothing more than a couple of simple settings changes.

I posted this in a different thread:

I had some problems with battery life with .103/.109 betas and have been doing some experimentation recently with some interesting results so I thought I would share my experience.

Originally, I had very poor battery life but after playing around I could see that many settings had reverted back to default settings. Most of my preferences are stored on BES so I didnt think I had to worry about this but I feel anyone with battery problems should at the least take a look to be sure things are the way you want them.

With the default settings I would have about 25% battery life at the end of the day (aprox. 15 hours us use) and after making some changes I now get home with the same configuation and use with 50-60% so the point here is that I believe with the right attention to settings you can double your life expectancy.

Here is a list of my current settings:

options - screen/keyboad:
    Backlight set to 10 and 30 seconds.
    Automatically dim: yes

options - security - memory cleaning:
    clean when holstered: no
    clean when idle: yes
    idle timeout: 1 hour

NOTE: I keep my storm in a OEM BB case with the magnetic sensor so I am assuming this may help with sleep/power/backlight or whatever power management my be preset (if any).

I do keep GPS on with location aiding and Bluetooth on but I will say that I turn off my BT headset whenever I am not using it. I have seen users keep it connected throughout the day and I think that is bad practice because it only takes a second to connect once you turn on the headset so I recommend that you keep the BT radio on but turn off the head set when not in use. If I feel I need it, I turn on the headset and it connects automatically in about 10 seconds and I turn it off when I am done.

Keep in mind, this is just my experience and opinion but I have seen a dramatic change in my battery life by just changing these settings.

Hope it helps.
    Last edited by lvumlow; 02-27-09 at 01:26 PM.
    02-27-09 01:22 PM
    When I tried to install this...the desktop manager told me it was an older version than the one I had...does this mean I have to remove the old OS first?
    02-27-09 01:40 PM
    Is any one expirience with not having Russian Input Language in this build. I have it on .90. I did download last night .109 and could not find it, so I have to go back to .90 since I am using it for sending emails. It did have Russian language support but not input option. Any help would be great. Thank you.
    02-27-09 02:10 PM
    Does anyone know if the .109 work ok with the 9500 Storm?? I�m afraid to install it and screw up my phone... I don�t really know much about this....
    I would recommend asking this same question in the 9500 .109 OS thread. You will get a better response there.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/of...thread-165989/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 04:29 PM
1,365 ... 4142434445 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD