thanks for the Megaupload link! This forum is great!!
    02-24-09 09:28 PM
    no problems other than i cant find application center...
    Make sure that you still have it installed on the device (Options>Advanced Options> Applications). Then try re-registering using the Host Routing Table, then resend your service books from the email settings app and finally a battery pull to complete the cycle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 09:29 PM
    New Rapidshare link if anyone is looking for it
    RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
    02-24-09 09:36 PM
    I lost some of my icons... can someone help me. How do I get My email icon and sms icon back? This is my first BB and first time upgrading my OS. So please be gentle. lol
    02-24-09 09:38 PM
    thanks for the Megaupload link! This forum is great!!
    What post number has the link?
    02-24-09 09:46 PM
    Hey guys/gyals,

when composing an SMS message the first letter you type in should show a list of people well thats how it was in .76. Now after upgrading to .109 when composing a message and in the to: I type R for "Ryan" its not auto populating. It just appears to be odd.. Anyone else notice this issue. Like its not doing directory looks ups when addressing a letter in the To: field.
    Hey I'm on Telus too...I tried it out and I'm getting the auto-populating no problem.
    02-24-09 10:04 PM
    What post number has the link?
    Original Post. I updated with new links.
    02-24-09 10:12 PM
    I lost some of my icons... can someone help me. How do I get My email icon and sms icon back? This is my first BB and first time upgrading my OS. So please be gentle. lol
    You have to do the install again, but this time go into the sub catagories (advanced options) before you hit the final finish button. In one of the menus there's all the boxes with the options for which programs it uploads. I guarantee the sms and email boxes are currently un-clicked.
    02-24-09 10:23 PM
    Wish I'd stayed with .103
    02-24-09 10:29 PM
    I upgraded from .99 to .109 today and I just realized I lost my browser. When I try and click on my Crackberry appstore icon it says " Your device does not currently have a browser configuration service book entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device" If anybody know a fix please let me know

Thank you
    Log in to Blackberry Internet service and resend Service Books. This cures missing email icons as well.
    02-24-09 10:31 PM
    Wish I'd stayed with .103
    just downgrade, your not stuck with any OS
    02-24-09 10:38 PM
    Can I just say that after downloading this, I now LOVE my storm! It's super fast and has almost no glitches. WOW!
    02-24-09 10:56 PM
    Just thought I would let everyone know that this is best yet and I tried them all but .90. Even did hybrids. Nothing compares

02-24-09 11:08 PM
    Quick question:
    I know it says Crackberry Newbie next to my avatar, but I'm a Computer Science major with 10 years of programming experience (although mainly in C++). So, in other words, I should be able to post intelligently ... but I guess only time will tell! )

So after lurking for months and reading about every leaked Beta since the official 0.75, I've decided that this one may be worth the time and effort to fart around with. Ive read all the tutorials thoroughly, and I have only one question that I cannot find an answer to...

Do official verizon releases show up in the ADD/REMOVE program list? Because after reading Don's post saying that you should have no more than one installed OS at a time on your system, i wanted to uninstall 0.75 off of my system, but I don't see it. Also, for future reference, what is it named in the ADD/REMOVE Programs List?

Thanks in advance for your time and patience to whoever ends up helping me out.
    02-25-09 12:46 AM
    You should have TWO Blackberry icons in "Add Remove". One is DM, the other is the phones software.

They are located one on top of the other in add remove.

If you have only ONE then its more than likely DM and you just have to install the NEW version on your computer.

If you don't see it, its NOT installed, so go install it. Then open DM or apploade exe and install on phone

02-25-09 12:54 AM
    I believe that when you download the new OS, it automatically removes the previous one. You just need to follow the instructions that can be found right under the leaked OS link in this thread. Worked for me.
    02-25-09 12:56 AM
    Quick question:
    I know it says Crackberry Newbie next to my avatar, but I'm a Computer Science major with 10 years of programming experience (although mainly in C++). So, in other words, I should be able to post intelligently ... but I guess only time will tell! )

So after lurking for months and reading about every leaked Beta since the official 0.75, I've decided that this one may be worth the time and effort to fart around with. Ive read all the tutorials thoroughly, and I have only one question that I cannot find an answer to...

Do official verizon releases show up in the ADD/REMOVE program list? Because after reading Don's post saying that you should have no more than one installed OS at a time on your system, i wanted to uninstall 0.75 off of my system, but I don't see it. Also, for future reference, what is it named in the ADD/REMOVE Programs List?

Thanks in advance for your time and patience to whoever ends up helping me out.
    If .75 came installed on your phone I don't think you will see it as it is not really installed on your system. It is only when you run the exe. file on the download that you actually install it.

If you want to make certain nothing is installed on your system.... and it does not show up in the control panel.... delete everything in the following folders and then install .109:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared

When you install the .exe it will repopulate those folders.

Also.... block any internet connection while you are installing the new OS.
    02-25-09 12:56 AM
    So I attempted downloading .109 and I've lost all my information. Tried a battery pull and going back to .103. I have absolutely nothing, no contacts, nothing. Any help would be appreciated.
    02-25-09 12:57 AM
    So I attempted downloading .109 and I've lost all my information. Tried a battery pull and going back to .103. I have absolutely nothing, no contacts, nothing. Any help would be appreciated.
    If you are using synch.... just resynch. If you did a backup... restore that as well.
    02-25-09 01:01 AM
    I've download V109 hope this works...I'm a bit disapointed in Verizion and RIM yes am excited with all updates and leaks(beta) ok anyways almost done I'll post my findings by tomorrow...enjoy guys.
    02-25-09 01:02 AM
    That answers my questions perfectly. Thanks guys!

02-25-09 01:18 AM
    I've just installed the newer OS's, never had a problem. When I go into the App Loader in DM, it shows all the OS's I have available.

what's more- I never discon from the internet, and haven't had any issues at all.
    02-25-09 01:21 AM
    DM should automatically backup your device info. Check the "my documents" folder for a file called "loaderbackup" with the date. it's a .ipd file.
    02-25-09 01:22 AM
    Running V109 now it seems stable :C)
    notice they keeped the go button in the browser that's cool. also notice the pixels are still low i don't know if any can tell but on V3 on hydr. it seemed to be much better quality on the screen, no biggie!
    another thing my memory keeps dropping like crazy now it's 20.6... V3 was pretty stable..what's going on?? anyways lets see what happens..
    02-25-09 01:29 AM
    newb here with a newb ? i just updated to.109 and now i dont have a browser how do i get it back
    02-25-09 02:08 AM
1,365 ... 3435363738 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD