I noticed under the password keeper when you create a new account you can now create a random generated password.
    The password keeper has always been able to generate a random generated password after clicking new. Also this is the version that was on the .65 OS. I don't currently have it installed on my device but I remember that feature when I had it installed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 10:30 PM
    Accelerometer is definitely faster than .103
    If I had a penny for everytime someone wrote about the accelerometer being faster, I'd be rich. Come on, in every single leak, folks are saying it's faster, or it's near instantaneous now. Really?
    so .109 doesn't support russian language input?
    Perhaps you missed my earlier post about this. Branding version DOES NOT COME FROM THE OS. Branding version comes from your hardware (or rather the low level software that controls the hardware).

There's A LOT of stuff that's going missing in this thread.
    .109 seems stable and quick. But .103 (for me) was also stable and quick. I really see no differences, no improvements, and see no new features. I'm wondering if this upgrade was worth the time?

Let us know if you see anything new, or much improved over .103.

Thanks
    downloading now
    02-23-09 10:31 PM
    i just tested this on my phone and it is working fine.
    It depends. It's worked fine for me in some attempts and then hasn't in others. Seems rather random.

If I had a penny for everytime someone wrote about the accelerometer being faster, I'd be rich. Come on, in every single leak, folks are saying it's faster, or it's near instantaneous now. Really?

Could also be the fact that I changed themes today too.

.103 was more stable IMO and a little faster overall but it seemed as if the Accelerometer was slightly slowed in the process.

Oh and my Free Mem starts about 8 mb higher now too....unfortunately I didn't delete the stock pics before installing....forgot, oh well i'll do it next time.
    Last edited by CSSVT; 02-23-09 at 10:34 PM.
    02-23-09 10:32 PM
    on .103 ( I never upgraded to the hybrids) my sms msgs would take forever to load, especially for the people I sms most, even though I had the chain shortened to show no thread. Anyone know if this is now quicker or a way to handle this.

Thanks, and I'm upgrading as this is typed
    02-23-09 10:33 PM
    Perhaps you missed my earlier post about this. Branding version DOES NOT COME FROM THE OS. Branding version comes from your hardware (or rather the low level software that controls the hardware).

Thanks Civic. I did miss the post. Why would the "low level software that controls the hardware" be different between phones?
    02-23-09 10:34 PM
    Smoother transitions though the fade effect STILL needs to go/change/speed up. Typing still laggy but probably less than half as bad now. Accelerometer is definitely faster than .103

This is from .103 only....I never installed any Hybrids.
    wasn't .103 a hybrid by as well? the most recent official leaks were .90, .99, and now .109 as far as i'm aware..
    02-23-09 10:35 PM
    Yeeeeeee! Thanks cocruxified...
    02-23-09 10:36 PM
    Works on AT&T great........
    02-23-09 10:37 PM
    I also noticed when I click on my picture thumbnails the pictures open about 3 or 4 times faster than they did on .103. For some reason .103 was really slow in that. So, add that to my list of changes.

And somebody asked about recognizing all the music on the memory card. That problem still exists...I had to remove and reinsert my card to get all my songs to show up. One thing I noticed with that issue is that the song count will come up right for a split second and then it craps out and dumps a smaller number there. And then of course not all songs are accessible. Odd.
    02-23-09 10:37 PM
    So there is no one row on the home screen????
    02-23-09 10:38 PM
    Seems good so far, 3 hours uptime, slight overall improvement over 109 hybrid
    02-23-09 10:38 PM
    I Lost everything and got an error on my device "Reload software 507" What a pain in the ***. It took several times before it even recognized the blackberry because it had no system on it.
    02-23-09 10:39 PM
    wasn't .103 a hybrid by as well? the most recent official leaks were .90, .99, and now .109 as far as i'm aware..
    .103 was a leak
    02-23-09 10:40 PM
    .103 was the platform people were using with .106 and .109....

that platform was taken from the last OS leaked here for the 9530.
    02-23-09 10:41 PM
    One Question how did you guys upgrade from 109 Hybrid to the full 109? did you downgrade the phone back to 109 or just use the loader to install the full 109?
    02-23-09 10:42 PM
    So folks on a scale of 1 to 10 with
    Ten being good what do u think so far of .109

02-23-09 10:42 PM
    7 (no MMS forwarding)
    02-23-09 10:43 PM
    I also noticed when I click on my picture thumbnails the pictures open about 3 or 4 times faster than they did on .103. For some reason .103 was really slow in that. So, add that to my list of changes.

And somebody asked about recognizing all the music on the memory card. That problem still exists...I had to remove and reinsert my card to get all my songs to show up. One thing I noticed with that issue is that the song count will come up right for a split second and then it craps out and dumps a smaller number there. And then of course not all songs are accessible. Odd.

I hate this. I'll stick with my ipod for music until this is fixed.
    02-23-09 10:43 PM
    So folks on a scale of 1 to 10 with
    Ten being good what do u think so far of .109

8.....10 when comparing to previous OS's (but we've also known these things to come back and bit us all in the *** after about 24 hours so we'll see)

Still somewhat far from perfect....but it's definitely getting better.
    02-23-09 10:44 PM
    i have been running .109 for a few hours now.....coming from .99 w/ no device wipe, i noticed

lag is snappier

my memory has increased and running steady between 30-43

portrait/ lanscape switching is smoother

dont really see any color depth difference

viewing pictures is way better......all pictures load faster and scrolling is smooth

sending and recieving MMS messages perfectly......havent checked sending video actually recorded from the phone

all in all this OS seems pretty darn good.....well give it a few days ......only because it takes so long to change betas i just let it run and see what it will do....
    02-23-09 10:45 PM
    So far...
    1. I know it sounds ridiculous, because we state this everytime, but the accel seems to be faster. Almost no lag between switching to potrait. Nice.
    2. Full Keyboard in portrait.
    3. No lag in the camera. Seriously, almost point and click. This is nice. Finally, a functional camera. lol.

This is what I notice from the beginning. I went from 103 and no hybrids.
    02-23-09 10:45 PM
1,365 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD