i upgraded to .109 and I want to remove applications, but when i try to do so in DM it says taht there is a new update for 4.7 Core is this going to mess up my phone (does DM think that .109 is not the latest?) And I removed DM from my Comp and reinstalled it talking off automatic updates but yet it still looks for updates when ever i start DM. How do I cancel this because I do have the newest OS?
    03-01-09 06:15 PM
    I think every Storm has amind of it's own.Mine just does'nt like any other os but .75
    03-01-09 06:25 PM
    i upgraded to .109 and I want to remove applications, but when i try to do so in DM it says taht there is a new update for 4.7 Core is this going to mess up my phone (does DM think that .109 is not the latest?) And I removed DM from my Comp and reinstalled it talking off automatic updates but yet it still looks for updates when ever i start DM. How do I cancel this because I do have the newest OS?
    This happened to me also, the first upgrade where this happened. I let it install the core again, and it didnt do any harm, and it still shows Im on.109. Not sure why this happened, but also noticed that many of my apps (like the browser and memo's did not auto install this time, I had to go back and install them after the .109 upgrade). I also had to restore all of my calendar and task data after the .109, the first time this happened. Then many of my calendar appts were duplicated, so I spent an hour manually cleaning up all of my calendar data.

Overall it wasnt as smooth as all previous upgrades. Since it wasnt an official upgrade the install is probably just a little buggy.

good luck.
    03-01-09 06:35 PM
    Could someone please advise on the following:

*Any known issues when installing .109 onto a Storm using Enterprise?

*Any known issues when installing .109 onto a Storm on Telus?
    03-01-09 06:50 PM
    Upgraded to .109 and Ascendo money does not work. I get a Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerExceptoion

Edit: That happens when I select the Application icon. When I select the Add Transaction button it works fine. I can Also sync with the desktop client just fine.
    Last edited by sneakycyber; 03-01-09 at 07:47 PM.
    03-01-09 07:39 PM
    at least it will load .109 for all of you.. i am not so lucky
    03-01-09 07:43 PM
    After the .109 install, DM ran through the update process and left me with Branding Version 1.0.105.46...I believe this is the correct version.
    03-01-09 07:47 PM
    What does branding version mean?

also, just did my first update ever. Went from .75 to .109. Fingers crossed!
    so far I like the quicker camera & the portrait qwerty. Though the buttons are tiny!
    03-01-09 08:28 PM
    Though the buttons are tiny!
    I'm lucky, small fingers. LOL
    03-01-09 08:37 PM
    I just updated. My real interest will come tomorrow when I use the storm at work. If I don't have to reset it at all I'll consider the update a success.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 08:59 PM
    " If I don't have to reset it at all I'll consider the update a success".

i will agree with that... i just finally got it up and running we will see how many batt pulls will have to take place. hopefully none
    03-01-09 11:07 PM
    I'm hanging in there. All is well. .99 was very good.
    03-01-09 11:19 PM
    Hey I really like this upgrade... I fixed the battery drain. basically it was the set as global instead of 1KEV. Its working great and I have battery all day and into the next. I really don't have any complaints. my upgrade was from .75 to .109
    03-01-09 11:40 PM
    Quick ques.... should I do a full wipe on my Storm when upgrading my OS or just let the desktop manager do the work?
    03-02-09 09:30 AM
    I just tried to update my storm from .75 to this, and I think I did something wrong can some one message me and let me know how to upgrade to the .109 the right way....

thanks so much

lindsay
    03-02-09 10:29 AM
    Help! I downloaded the file and double clicked on it to install it. The DOS window came up and immediately I had some kind of NTVDM illegal instruction error come up and it closed. Any idea what the problem is? This is the first time I have tried to upgrade the OS on my Storm. I have BB Desktop Manager installed and it works just fine. I am on Windows XP.

Thanks!
    03-02-09 10:40 AM
    Quick ques.... should I do a full wipe on my Storm when upgrading my OS or just let the desktop manager do the work?
    This is a matter of preference. Either way will work the same since the installation process will do a wipe before installing the new OS. The only difference is that if you do a wipe before the installation you have to manually backup your device settings and 3rd party apps, then restore them after the installation completes. If you don't do the wipe, it will automatically backup and restore your settings and apps if you have it set do it. I personally do the wipe and manual restore, that way I know everything is being transferred back to the bb after the installation.

03-02-09 10:45 AM
    4.7.0.109 is the best yet I have it for over a week with no issues. Battery life has greatly improved keyboard lag is almost gone. Memory leak is very small, and hasn't affected performance. overall the best OS I have had.
    03-02-09 10:53 AM
    video playback from memory card? does it still come out a bit choppy?
    03-02-09 12:43 PM
    It looks just fine on my device, even better after transferred to my desktop. I still have occassional problems renaming videos on my Storm, but replay works as advertised.
    03-02-09 01:12 PM
    hey so i wanna upgrade it from .75 to .109, can i do that? or should i install the previous ones first? help me please

thanksss
    03-02-09 01:41 PM
    hey so i wanna upgrade it from .75 to .109, can i do that? or should i install the previous ones first? help me please

thanksss
    Yes you can go from .75 to .109. Just install the .109 OS onto your computer and install the OS to the storm through DM.

03-02-09 01:57 PM
    Just wanted to say thanks to those who make the Beta OS's available and then provide support for them through this site. My Storm came with .75 and was essentially a basket case with WSOD and slow/erratic response (may have been related). Since upgrading to .109 everything works well and I've been able to accomplish (with much help and assistance here) what VZW could not - provide a stable and reliable platform.
    03-02-09 02:42 PM
    just upgraded to .109 from .75. Things seem great so far. I definitely have a memory leak, but doesn't seem to have much effect on performance. I had a leak when I was running .75 though as well. One issue I have found however, though minor, when i get an email or text i do not see notification on my icons in portrait mode. I do see the notification on the icons in landscape though. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this? Thanks
    03-02-09 03:14 PM
    Upgraded from .75 on wed. Battery life was initially terrible�full drain within 8 hours with light use. Glad to say after 3rd or 4th battery pull battery life is back to what it was on .75. Performance on .109 is ridiculously better than .75 and other than a slow memory leak no other problems.

03-02-09 03:52 PM
1,365 ... 4445464748 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD