Well I saved it on my desktop, then opened DM. Chose to update software and it brings up 2 options either 4.7.0.65 or .75. I then installed the software that I saved on my desktop and it still did not show up as an option. i have also tried to bring up the App loader itself and browse to install and it says there is a XML effor on the first line. I don't know what that means!!

also when I check my memory it says 30.5mb free space for application memory. Is that good?
    02-26-09 08:40 AM
    You cannot test an OS for memory leaks if you have any applications running. This would seem obvious but apparently not. If you want to test, do a battery pull and then do not start anything until the test is done.

Then, you have a baseline against which you can test individual applications. Individual applications, not two or three. Test each application by itself with nothing else running for the same period of time as the original OS test.

Then, and only then, you can test various combinations of applications.

This is called the scientific method. Other memory tests described here are irrelevant and a total waste of time as they are meaningless. 73

UPDATE: Memory Leaks: If you are bothered by memory leaks (and who isn't), Clear the Event Log and then turn of the Event Log (Hide it). This helps a lot. 73
    Last edited by hudres; 02-26-09 at 09:49 AM.
    02-26-09 09:45 AM
    109 seems the most stable for me by far. I've installed just about every new OS scince I got my storm in December, and have had freezing / reboot issues with every one, except .109.

Anyone that still has .75 and is unsure about upgrading, I would do it with this OS. you will have a much different handset than you have now with .75
    02-26-09 10:02 AM
    I had the same issue, but It took my Backup on the next try. (No battery pulls).
    02-26-09 10:02 AM
    maybe the only issue I have noticed with .109, is that when an incoming call is ringing, after I hit the send button to answer it the screen goes white for a second or so. I don't lose the call or anything, but the screen is white. Has anyone else noticed this?
    02-26-09 10:04 AM
    First time I lost all my data..

Going from .103 to .109, DM couldn't restore my app data. I also get error trying to restore the backup I made beforehand, or any older backup I've made. Trying another battery pull and will try a restore again.

EDIT: After 2 Battery Pulls, it seems to be taking the restore. Weird.
    opps - Needed this for my previous post...
    02-26-09 10:04 AM
    maybe the only issue I have noticed with .109, is that when an incoming call is ringing, after I hit the send button to answer it the screen goes white for a second or so. I don't lose the call or anything, but the screen is white. Has anyone else noticed this?
    I had the same thing happen to me to.
    02-26-09 10:05 AM
    Downloading Now!!!
    Yeaaaaaaa Boi!!!!!!!!!!
    02-26-09 10:06 AM
    Well I saved it on my desktop, then opened DM. Chose to update software and it brings up 2 options either 4.7.0.65 or .75. I then installed the software that I saved on my desktop and it still did not show up as an option. i have also tried to bring up the App loader itself and browse to install and it says there is a XML effor on the first line. I don't know what that means!!

also when I check my memory it says 30.5mb free space for application memory. Is that good?

I am having the same problem. Tried it connect to the internet and disconnected with the same results. Can anyone help?
    02-26-09 10:38 AM
    Still need help installing to my phone!!
    02-26-09 10:51 AM
    I had the same issue with my 109 install. Let me know if you find the answer.
    I had some frustration with issues with the upgrade, restoring data files, battery drain issues, etc. I almost reverted but I'm glad my patience persisted. Reinstalling all my user installed apps after the 109 upgrade through the DM seemed to fix everything. Now this thing is a lean mean fighting maching. It now eats Iphones for breakfast and craps out Curves by lunch. Worth the effort.
    02-26-09 11:02 AM

You have to run the executable that you downloaded. This has been posted a million times everywhere in this thread, but I will post it again. Follow the directions in the link and you will magically update your Storm. Step 6 is the one that you are hanging on. That is the NEW OS that you downloaded on your desktop. Click it twice and let the fun begin.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/

30mb of free app memory is a good number. Close your apps using the menu key and you should be fine.
    02-26-09 11:36 AM
    Still need help installing to my phone!!
    Add another "!". Maybe that will help.
    02-26-09 11:37 AM
    Or maybe read the first sticky under Beta OS Discussions.
    02-26-09 11:40 AM
    You have to run the executable that you downloaded. This has been posted a million times everywhere in this thread, but I will post it again. Follow the directions in the link and you will magically update your Storm. Step 6 is the one that you are hanging on. That is the NEW OS that you downloaded on your desktop. Click it twice and let the fun begin.

30mb of free app memory is a good number. Close your apps using the menu key and you should be fine.
    Man, you guys are quick to jump down people's throats, aren't you?

A look at the original message there will show that he DID install the executable, and it won't show up in DM, nor does Loader.exe do anything. I am having the same problem. I've installed several upgrades and had no problems until .109. I can't get it to show up anywhere after I've installed the .exe.

How about some actual help?
    02-26-09 12:28 PM
    Is anyone experiencing random reboots or the phone locking up with this leak... for some reason .103 would freeze up on me daily causing me to have to do several batt pulls a day so i was curious if this build is any better before i take the plunge....
    I installed .109 yesterday and have experienced a few random boots.
    02-26-09 12:32 PM
    I have noticed that on my themes, I now only have 1 row of icons instead of two on my Today screen, regardless of how many rows I select in the options. If I select the Precision Zen theme, the default I get the two rows of icons. Anyone else have this issue, or know how I can fix it. Running .109 as of yesterday, from .75
    02-26-09 12:35 PM
    You cannot test an OS for memory leaks if you have any applications running. This would seem obvious but apparently not. If you want to test, do a battery pull and then do not start anything until the test is done.

Then, you have a baseline against which you can test individual applications. Individual applications, not two or three. Test each application by itself with nothing else running for the same period of time as the original OS test.

Then, and only then, you can test various combinations of applications.

This is called the scientific method. Other memory tests described here are irrelevant and a total waste of time as they are meaningless. 73

UPDATE: Memory Leaks: If you are bothered by memory leaks (and who isn't), Clear the Event Log and then turn of the Event Log (Hide it). This helps a lot. 73
    How do you do a memory test to determine if there are any memory leaks

BB newbie, sorry
    02-26-09 12:37 PM
    after switching to .109 I can not transfer music to my storm. Any ideas a to what it could be?
    Last edited by mattmv06; 02-26-09 at 02:10 PM.
    02-26-09 12:56 PM
    Man, you guys are quick to jump down people's throats, aren't you?

A look at the original message there will show that he DID install the executable, and it won't show up in DM, nor does Loader.exe do anything. I am having the same problem. I've installed several upgrades and had no problems until .109. I can't get it to show up anywhere after I've installed the .exe.

How about some actual help?
    Saving something to the desktop is not the same as installing it on your computer. That is what I was trying to point out. I also posted the procedure for how to do it and tried to specify the area that might have been confusing. No one was flaming just trying to be helpful.
    02-26-09 12:58 PM
    make sure you backup your data before you start!
    02-26-09 12:59 PM
    So are you guys missing the BB App Center? Sorry I just upgraded from 0.75 and I noticed I still have the Verizon App Center, but the BB one (which was never anything more than an icon) has disappeared...
    -Cyrus
    02-26-09 01:12 PM
    Well I finally got it installed. Needed to turn the internet off! I'm a dumb ***!! Just did a battery pull and rebooted so we will see how it goes.

Thanks for the help everyone has tried to give.
    02-26-09 01:18 PM
    I am planning my upgrade from .75 to this release. Could someone please tell me what is considered 3rd Party? Is Verizon's Visual voicemail considered 3rd Party? If I don't do the 3rd Party backup, what exactly am I running the risk of losing (the only app I remember installing is Weather Bug and Capture It).
    02-26-09 02:08 PM
    So are you guys missing the BB App Center? Sorry I just upgraded from 0.75 and I noticed I still have the Verizon App Center, but the BB one (which was never anything more than an icon) has disappeared...
    -Cyrus
    Yes, my BB apps have disappeared.
    02-26-09 02:22 PM
1,365 ... 4041424344 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD