downloaded the version from the post that was up earlier, before the other mirrors were taken off, and it works great. .109 that is. The only thing I did notice was that it enlarges my background images way too big when I set pictures to my home screen image. Other than that, the internet seems much faster and scrolling is a breeze. Everything works much faster and Im coming from .75 version. I don't know squat about how I actually got it to work, and download, but hey If I can do it anyone can.

thanks!
    02-24-09 02:18 AM
    WOW! AWESOME! NEETO! Let us know when you're done dl'ing. Then when your installing. Then when it's rebooting...

Take pics too!
    Nice comment! ROTFL!!! So true too!
    02-24-09 02:23 AM
    haha just tried mms picture send, true. Picture does not come out, forget what i said 2 minutes ago, this officially sucks. switching back. =)
    02-24-09 02:23 AM
    im with telus and want to know if i can get the new os.109 leak for my storm9530 ,since i have no idea what im doing and it looks like only my brethren from verison are using these os leaks. Am i totally wrong here? can i use this new leak even though i'm with telus, and does it void any warranties or anything cause im on the three year contract. i need to know everything about my storm and what it can do, but i seem to be struggling with these inquiries. how easy is it to do the firmware change. i don't even know what's on my storm right now. i bought it at christmas and never was brave enough to try any of this stuff. but i'm sick of the lags and freezing and ****. and i'm willing to do anything. should i wait for telus to fix this or should i just use this os leak. what risks am i taking other than the fact that the file could be tampered with.(which i doubt it is) cause i just don't know what i'm doing at all. that's why i'm here. thanks
    02-24-09 02:25 AM
    you can try to dl it, but backup your files and the current version you have now through blackberry software, it may or may not void warranty. I suggest to wait i just tried .109 and im switching back because Im starting to find things that just dont work like they should, and theres also the possibility of it not being compatible with your version of the storm.
    02-24-09 02:27 AM
    Just installed working good still getting typeing lag with the blue highlights but it doesn't affect me
    One thing that does seem a bit faster is browsing. I came from 99 and it worked great for me so I didn't expect muchorr from this. Hopefully somthing will come up and be better in a few days

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 02:38 AM
    just finished upgrading and doing all my battery pulls..
    i had .75 now .109!
    -camera faster
    -qwerty portrait keyboard
    -set screen to 50 for brightness and its still super bright
    -screen switches faster i think
    ill play with it some more later
    02-24-09 03:02 AM
    longest reboot yet after upgrade. Have upgraded from .75 > .86 > .99> .103 and now to .109. Of all the upgrades, this has taken the longest to reboot afterwards.

Initial reaction after (and like all other builds before: only time will tell it all):
    1) Lock/unlock bug:Still there. When trying to unlock phone measage comes up saying that I need to press unlock button to unlock... no reaction unless I let the screen fade and then push the unlock button or clear the screen by pushing the mute button and following up with the unlock button.

2)Stereo Bluetooth works now when watching movies. YEAH!!!!!

3)Transition from Portrait to Landscape and visa versa snappy but still has its moments of lag.

4)Browser quick in downloading everything, slow in loading images. Total time to render crackberry.com first load: 50 seconds. Second load (refresh) without clearing cache 30 sec.

5) After 30 min and having loaded media (closing afterwards), loaded browser (not closeing afterwards), initializing Vigo and updating channels (deleting all old/read), initializing visual voicemail: memory is at 16 MB. Don't know how others have gotten up to 40's or 50's after batt pull or anything like that.. highest I have gotten to with any upgrade is low 30's.
    02-24-09 03:12 AM
    longest reboot yet after upgrade. Have upgraded from .75 > .86 > .99> .103 and now to .109. Of all the upgrades, this has taken the longest to reboot afterwards.

Initial reaction after (and like all other builds before: only time will tell it all):
    1) Lock/unlock bug:Still there. When trying to unlock phone measage comes up saying that I need to press unlock button to unlock... no reaction unless I let the screen fade and then push the unlock button or clear the screen by pushing the mute button and following up with the unlock button.

2)Stereo Bluetooth works now when watching movies. YEAH!!!!!

3)Transition from Portrait to Landscape and visa versa snappy but still has its moments of lag.

4)Browser quick in downloading everything, slow in loading images. Total time to render crackberry.com first load: 50 seconds. Second load (refresh) without clearing cache 30 sec.

5) After 30 min and having loaded media (closing afterwards), loaded browser (not closeing afterwards), initializing Vigo and updating channels (deleting all old/read), initializing visual voicemail: memory is at 16 MB. Don't know how others have gotten up to 40's or 50's after batt pull or anything like that.. highest I have gotten to with any upgrade is low 30's.
    Uninstall Viigo and you will see a memory boost instantly. Don't know why but Viigo is a memory *****. There are other 3rd party apps that drain the memory so depending on what you are using those maybe adding to the problem. I currently have about 42mb worth of free memory after running this OS all day and using lots of apps.
    02-24-09 03:21 AM
    My Storm 9530 is arriving via FedEx today -- not sure what OS will come pre-installed. If I decide to install the current leaked OS .109, can I do so, or do I need to install an intermediary OS first (i.e. a version between the official version and .109)? It seems like everyone here has installed the leaked versions as they came out. I'm just wondering if it's a problem to jump right up to .109.

Also, any thoughts on whether I should spend a lot of time tinkering with the default installed OS, or just skip it and go straight to a leaked version?

Many thanks.
    02-24-09 03:38 AM
    It will more than likely come with OS .75 no intermediary OS is needed you can go straight to the leaked version.
    02-24-09 03:45 AM
    Does anyone else have a problem with the timer? The seconds hand no longer moves while clock in timer mode. Other than that, I see no real big differences btwn this and hybrid 103/106 which is what I had before this upgrade.

02-24-09 03:54 AM
    I don't know what is happening here!!! I downloaded the OS went thru the install and long story short Desktop Mngr is not recognizing it. I've upgraded before from .75>.90>.99>.103 and haven't had this prob before....PLEASE HELP!!! This is so unfair its right there and it won't work. Talk about a tease!!!
    02-24-09 03:55 AM
    Delete vendor.xml file. Had the same problem.

02-24-09 04:00 AM
    dont use DM to load the OS. use APPLOADER. its on your pc. c/programs files/common files/research in motion/apploader
    youll see a icon for it. use that to load the OS. use DM to restore your data backup.if you have third party backups use APPLOADER again. theres threads for all of the instructions. hope this helps
    Last edited by strmtrooper; 02-24-09 at 04:15 AM.
    02-24-09 04:11 AM
    i installed this os a hour ago and its fast as ever.have 11 apps and 5 themes.im at 46.9 MB of memory.no lag at all.its early still but so far its really good.
    02-24-09 04:14 AM
    Well, it's on my phone. Used the app loader instead of DM, did a battery pull.
    Like someone else stated, 'sure was a lonnnng reboot'.
    Started with .75 to .103 to .109

Programs, browser, etc loading faster.

I'll know more tomorrow like everyone else. LOL
    02-24-09 04:15 AM
    first reboot was long but after the third it went alot faster. i mean it took a little bit but i noticed a big difference.
    02-24-09 04:17 AM
    02-24-09 04:26 AM
    how do i delete the vendor file
    02-24-09 04:31 AM
    Its in the folder c:/program files/common files/research in motion/apploader

Then run DM again and it will find the update. I would also back up the vendor.xml file just in case.

02-24-09 04:39 AM
    I went into apploader and opened up the loader and all it lists is my 3rd party apps. I've tried reinstalling the OS multiple times it says its already installed so it gives me the option to repair or remove. I've even uninstalled and re-downloaded. Like I said I have upgraded multiple times and never had an issue.
    02-24-09 04:55 AM
    Like I said, I had the same problem and just deleted the vendor.xml file and reran DM and it recognized it immediately.

02-24-09 04:59 AM
    Downloading now commences...
    02-24-09 05:11 AM
    Hey Kauai you're sayn delete the vendor file from the apploader screen, right? In the Common Files>RIM>Apploader there is a vendor file at the bottom...you're sayin delete that? Sorry if its basic i just dont kno this stuff 100% and dont wana mess nothin up...Thanx for takin the time tho...it is appreciated.
    02-24-09 05:24 AM
1,365 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD