Do you do a complete wipe using CrackMem and have only .90 on your PC?

I tried that and it did not pick up i had .90 on my PC.
    I use JL Cmdr as suggested by CX and yep, I only have .90.

So what happens when you connect to the application loader? Is it just showing .78 and .65? If so, try disconnecting from the net and then give it a crack.
    01-23-09 03:58 AM
    After upgrade it gets into a reboot cycle: "unable to create.." reset

Upgrading from .87 Anyone got any smart ideas?
    Upgraded 3 9500's to .90 yesterday and had this on one of them also...
    01-23-09 04:04 AM
    I use JL Cmdr as suggested by CX and yep, I only have .90.

So what happens when you connect to the application loader? Is it just showing .78 and .65? If so, try disconnecting from the net and then give it a crack.
    It would not pick up any OS, just managed to wipe and it picked up the .90 and started install but failed with error in Apploader "Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."

Gong back to .87 until next leaked OS, looksl iek this one wont work for me.
    01-23-09 04:15 AM
    The above link doesn't work. Even after replacing the omitted tt.
    Hi, notice there is a blankspace after the last number 4. So the browser substitues it for a %20
    Try to join the 4. with the rest of the link.

I couldnt get to load 90 on my storm. Went back to 87.

See ya

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 04:29 AM
    newbie question: what is the difference between wiping via JL Cmdr and using the Wipe command which is on the phone (Security -> General -> Wipe Handheld)?
    thanks.
    01-23-09 04:36 AM
    HELP!!
    Installed .90 and trying to wipe / reinstall as issues with media player -

Desktop manager now cannot connect to storm !

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks
    01-23-09 04:42 AM
    Just an observation. Crackberry have not made these .90 upgrade threads stickys and Vodafone have removed the .78 stickys from the E-Forum.

There might be an official firware update imminent......
    01-23-09 05:18 AM
    sob!

It was all going so well

I checked the mem on my phone this morning and it was down to 14.1mb from about 48mb about 8hrs earlier.

I decided to do a quick batt pull whilst the kettle was boiling, but I was keeping my eye on the phone. About 3 mins into the boot, an error popped up on the screen and it rebooted again!

I prepared the pc ready to start a recovery back to .87 (which was very stable on mine). Luckily the phone booted up fine.

Then 5 mins ago I took the phone out of the holster, and the screen flashed white for a split second and it rebooted again!!

This is the 1st time I have seen this since I got the phone in early Dec. I have used .75, .85 - .88 was worried about the reports of not charging and didn't want to risk it so I went back to .87 after a few hours.

I have been using .90 since it broke on the forums yesterday.

I did think this was the best update by far and really don't want to go back to .87

DOH!

Just rebooted as I was typing - back to .87 I go.

Darren.
    01-23-09 05:37 AM
    .90 seems to plagued with issues and not proving to be very stable but it seems that a large number of issues stem from those that are doing the complete wipe prior to new OS installs. Just something to consider.........
    01-23-09 05:49 AM
    I wonder what the percentage of people having problems in relation to those using vendor software.

i.e I removed all the Vodafone stuff from my unlocked Storm, music store, find & go etc as i'm on a different network & always remove the vendor.xml file before upgrading & all has been running smoothly.

I wonder if there's a conflict with beta OS's & Vendor "altered" devices ?

I also never wipe it as many suggest, I back it all up & then let it update, has always worked for me ok....but as normal theres never really 2 BB's the same with the same problems so even with offical OS's there may still be problems.
    Last edited by CGSCOT; 01-23-09 at 06:49 AM.
    01-23-09 06:42 AM
    I always update rather than wiping
    01-23-09 07:14 AM
    I have tried straight update and wiping same affect, powercycle with error !
    01-23-09 07:17 AM
    Does anyone have any problems accessing YOUTUBE since you upgraded ?

I cant play anything by using the mobile app or using the mobile website. I can search, but not play.

When it goes into media player it says "Content not available. Server is blocked or unresponsive"

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem too.
    01-23-09 07:24 AM
    hmm.. I thought that the * not turning up when a message comes in on the msg icon was something they removed it or something. but it's still there. it's just buggy and it doesn't appear. It only appeared when I saw the msg, no * on the msg icon and then press the BB button and went back to home screen and there's a * on the msg icon.
    01-23-09 07:45 AM
    Add me to the list of people who have bricked their Storm's doing this! Clearly, for whatever reason, a good % of people are going to intall this leaked OS and end up regretting it!
    01-23-09 08:33 AM
    Think I'll stick with BB397's recommendations from now on, and he was silent about 0.90. He also reckoned 0.88 was no good either- and he was right.

So will wait patiently.....
    01-23-09 12:05 PM
    Add me to the list of people who have bricked their Storm's doing this! Clearly, for whatever reason, a good % of people are going to intall this leaked OS and end up regretting it!

Snap. Took me a good 2 hours to get it working again after I bricked it
    01-23-09 12:07 PM
    I upgraded from .87. Backed up my data with DM, wiped it, installed 0.90, did a battery pull and so far (touch wood), I don't use youtube, but it doesn't work
    Last edited by Nimbus265; 01-23-09 at 12:26 PM.
    01-23-09 12:18 PM
    I run .90 and my youtube app is working...
    01-23-09 12:43 PM
    I upgraded from .87 with apploader. I didn't unistall previous versions and I didn't do any wipe. To me .90 is running really well and has any of the bugs that some people are pointing out.

edit: now while playing a song it just crashed and reboot. it said something like "error..." couldn't read anything else.
    how sad that we can't have a perfect OS, yet.
    Last edited by jazzvi; 01-23-09 at 05:09 PM.
    01-23-09 02:18 PM
    My Youtubes working now.

I went into :

Options -> Advanced Options -> TCP/IP . And then put a tick next to "APN Setting Enabled"

Everything else was left unticked and username and password were left empty.

Let me know how you guys get on.
    01-23-09 04:24 PM
    Hi guys, just thought i'd post back here about my findings in .90. No battery pulls have been needed so far, no camera bugs, no media player bugs, all alerts work as usual. Battery life has been improved, I normally use 80% a day, now its 50%, a mix of texts, emails, calls and browsing. Menu scrolling is much improved, as mentioned before. No fade transitions makes for a more responsive device.

Hope this helps those sitting on the fence
    01-23-09 04:33 PM
    Hello folks,
    I would love to join in on the .90 fun but it seems that the mega upload file is bad. Can someone please re-post it? I would great appreciate it!

Take care,
    C
    01-23-09 04:55 PM
    Yea re-post it please?
    01-23-09 06:11 PM
    01-23-09 06:39 PM
312 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD